Bills' OTAs Week 1 (May 22-24) - Practice Open to the Media on Thursday

Other than people doing LAMP things and troll posts...does anyone actually believe Peterman has a real chance to start?  Its comical to me to suggest he has a legit shot.  Anything is possible, so I won't say zero percent chance...but its beyond a long shot in my book right now.

I liked Peterman coming out of college as a developmental prospect, but man this kid was far from ready to play.  He is like a dear in headlights under pressure and doesn't have the arm strength to over come it.  I have nothing against the kid, and would be fine if he actually WON the job, but right now he is almost a lock for the Practice Squad IMO as AJ has shown a LOT more potential than NP has, has more experience in the NFL and was a better prospect coming out of college too.  

I can't honestly see how anyone can look at anything NP did on the field last year, including preseason where he only completed 50% of his passes against backups and guys not in the NFL anymore, and think he could beat out AJ and Allen to start.  Without any injuries, I would say that there is a less than 5% chance NP even makes the active roster, let alone start.  Bills are not going to carry 3 QB's on gameday, and no way Allen or AJ will be on the PS.  The literal ONLY chance NP has to be on a game day roster week 1 is either an injury or AJ falls completely flat on his face and NP significantly outplays him.  BUT...there is literally no factual evidence to suggest he will beat out AJ straight up.  

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Other than people doing LAMP things and troll posts...does anyone actually believe Peterman has a real chance to start?  Its comical to me to suggest he has a legit shot.  Anything is possible, so I won't say zero percent chance...but its beyond a long shot in my book right now.

I don't see how AJ is viewed as a better prospect to start than Nate?  To me they have an equal chance with Allen being the clear favorite.

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I don't see how AJ is viewed as a better prospect to start than Nate?  To me they have an equal chance with Allen being the clear favorite.

Exactly.  AJ played a few games and one playoff game.  It's not like he's an established Vet.  I think this thing is wide open with Allen and AJ being the front runners to start.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree, Alpha7. He makes the team only because Mc/Beane drafted him so high and don’t want to look bad. I see nothing in the kid that could have him still in the League in 3 seasons. jmo 

Actually Beane had nothing to do with drafting him. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

@HappyDays lol that "article" is based upon Mike Road-hack's "interpretation" of photos released by the Bills.  Hilarious.

It doesn't really mean anything at this stage anyways, but from the photos Peterman was lining up with presumed starters. They might have him penciled in as the starter on day 1 just because he was here last year. I doubt Allen will have a real chance to earn the job until training camp.