2018 Schedule Review Games 1-4

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gug there is just something really sexy about someone telling me something and not understanding the meaning...:)

Did you just call me sexy?

Looking at the schedule right now the 2 toughest games outside our division would be Green bay and Vikings. We get both those games on the road. While the Paties get them both at home. Other than a game at Pittsburg their schedule is as favorable to them as ours is NOT to us. Conspiracy? I like to think so.

I think we match up better with the Vikings than Chargers or Packers. I have a feeling Minnesota takes a step back Cousins, it rarely works out exactly as planned when a team think it's adding the final piece. A win here could be a coming-of-age moment.

San Diego is a title contender this year, I expect a pounding here. Chargers D-line will  be way too much for our OL. Even without 5 INTs, they embarassed us.

I could see us beating the Packers with a strong defensive game, and hits on Rodgers. Likely?, no. Possible?, oh yeah.

Ravens should be a win.

2-2 sounds quite possible, with 3-1 not being out of the question if we can put some pressure on Rodgers.  GB does have a new DC, so they're unknown on that front, much like our offense.  Doubt we have a shot at the Vikings, who I expect to be real good this year.  Baltimore is a mediocre team we should beat; Flacco won't beat anyone early in the season.  I don't buy into the Chargers being a great team, they're okay.  The game last November was a disaster with Peterman starting and throwing 5 picks.

1 hour ago, 947 said:

I think we match up better with the Vikings than Chargers or Packers. I have a feeling Minnesota takes a step back Cousins, it rarely works out exactly as planned when a team think it's adding the final piece. A win here could be a coming-of-age moment.

San Diego is a title contender this year, I expect a pounding here. Chargers D-line will  be way too much for our OL. Even without 5 INTs, they embarassed us.

And add that little extra motivation that they beat the Bills by something like 800 points last season, finished with the same record, yet sat home as the Bills went to the playoffs.

The 1st 4 games are tough for sure.  All have good defenses and all but the Ravens can put up a lot of points.

I think it depends on who is the starting QB.

If McCarron is looking good (average) I think the Bill's can go 2-2 maybe even better if he is playing real good and the OL is decent.

He beat the Ravens before.

If Allen starts it is going to be a lot tougher.  He will be facing very good D's and it is one reason I have said I'm NOT in favor having

him start these first 4 games unless AJ and Nate are terrible in TC and preseason.

Allen will be lucky to win 1 of the 1st 4 IMO.

4 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

Looking at the schedule right now the 2 toughest games outside our division would be Green bay and Vikings. We get both those games on the road. While the Paties get them both at home. Other than a game at Pittsburg their schedule is as favorable to them as ours is NOT to us. Conspiracy? I like to think so.

Lol the NFL schedule is set years in advance with how home and away matchups go and who is home and away. It literally is as easy as a monkey when it comes to how the matchups are set.

5 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I think we will tie the pats this year and the NFC common opponents will be the tiebreaker.

• Haha (+1) 1

So a few things before my predictions. I think the offense will struggle mightily given the amount of change and the fact the QB will turn the ball over more then Tyrod. Say what you want about his lack of taking chances but he protected the ball well and the new guy whether AJ/Allen will throw more picks and that will hurt a lot. For my prediction I am acting that Allen is the starter just based off what I've read and seen thus far. This first stretch is the worst of the season and I won't freak out if they are 1-3 even 0-4 as long as they play competent enough and show growth in the right places.

@Baltimore Ravens: Loss 21-13.

I get why people are not high on Baltimore but frankly they were a better team then us that lost on the flukiest of plays possible. Their defense is slightly more complete then ours and more proven and while their offense isn't much I still like it better right now then ours given our turnover. I think this game is the blueprint for how the season goes. Defense plays well keeps the opponent under 23-24 pts but the offense can't make enough of its chances whether with AJ or while breaking a new rookie QB in.

Los Angeles Chargers: Win 24-20

I think after losing a tight opener the Bills come home and with some motivation take on a good Chargers team that they will not want to be embarrassed by again. Opening day is always electric and I think the Bills defense unloads on the Chargers while the offense makes enough plays to pull out the victory. Also the Bills have opened the season 0-2 only twice in the last decade and this squad is better then the 2010 group and 2016's team rallied to 2-2 by the end of Sept with Rex's incompetence.

@Minnesota Vikings: Loss 28-14

Once again I think the Bills defense keeps them in it until the fourth quarter where another offensive turnover costs the Bills and Minnesota goes up three scores (garbage TD late closes gap). Minnesota in my eyes is one of the 3 most complete teams in the NFL with PHI and LA Rams. This is a really tough matchup for the Bills offense and the QB in general. Hopefully I am wrong but the Vikings are who I would like the Bills to be in two years from now. Boat loads of home grown talent with carefully acquired FAs.

@Green Bay: Loss 28-20

I am most interested in this game with how Edmunds covers Graham given our matchups with Gronk later. Overall again I think despite the score our defense hangs tight but the offense will turn the ball over while having a better game. Wouldn't be surprised if the game was 20-13ish come the 4th with GB getting one late like in Minnesota due to a turnover by the offense..

Even at 1-3 I think the Bills could be 5-5 by the bye and the season is far from over. If Allen is the starter I am really more concerned with his growth and development then Wins and Losses at this point. This season is a blank canvas to me more then anything and the big thing is to see the defense mold into a top 10ish unit and Allen grow into his shoes so next season they can compete for the playoffs and maybe the division.

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I actually see us beating the Packers. Their defense has been horrible lately and Rodgers is their entire offense. The other games will be tougher. My optimistic prediction has us 2-2 beating Baltimore and Green Bay. Our whole offense is a bunch of question marks so it's hard to predict.

These are my votes for wins. and both will be tough games.Packerand Ravens don't feel to have a strong Offense as they once had for me.
Minny and SD just out class/talent us right now. i would be delighted if Bills beat either of them. and rather surprised