2018 Schedule Review Games 1-4

Breaking down my thoughts for the 2018 Buffalo Bills, this is for weeks 1-4

Week 1 @ Baltimore Ravens

This will be a good opening test for the Bills.  Defense is historically ahead of the offense early in the season and this suits both teams.  In my opinion we are fortunate to get the Ravens early as they won't have much opportunity to integrate Lamar Jackson into their offense.  A Joe Flacco led offense with pedestrian running backs and average WR's and rookie tight ends dosent put fear into me. This will be a low scoring affair, a key turnover and good special teams play will give the Bills the edge in this one.  Just don't let Justin Tucker beat us with a late long distance FG.

Lets say Bills 16 Ravens 10

Week 2 Home vs Los Angeles Chargers

This is a tough home opener.  Chargers may have best team in the AFC this year.  The experience of Philip Rivers is the kryptonite to a defense such as the Bills.  He makes the plays that are open and he has a talented, deep and scary set of offensive weapons.  The Chargers are equally loaded on defense especially on the defensive line and the secondary.  Their weaknesses are a weak run defense, untimely turnovers and poor special teams.  To win the Bills must control the clock, win the field position battle and limit the possessions Rivers gets.  I see a close game coming down to a late interception of Rivers allowing the final to be

Bills 24 Chargers 20

Week 3 @ Minnesota

This is a tough one for the Bills.  The matchups strongly favor the Vikings as their front 7 has the potential to dominate.  I see Buffalo struggling on offense, giving up a couple of big pass plays and not playing well on the road.  Bills hang tough thru three quarters, but fade in the 4th.  My feeling is

Vikings 23 Bills 13

Week 4 @ Green Bay

2nd road game in back to back travel, physical game against the Vikings will take its toll in this game but unlike the Vikings game, the matchups are much better for the Bills.  Thinking we can run on the Packers front 7, can get some pressure on Aaron Rogers and shut down the Packers running game.  This will be more of a shootout for which the Bills offense is not quite ready to win.  My prediction is

Packers 30 Bills 24

So, for the 1st quarter of the season I predict the Bills to be 2 and 2.  The best part is that they are 2-0 in the AFC and have 3 of their 8 road games out of the way.

Love to read your thoughts on my Q1 predictions.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Wouldnt it be interesting if Lamar Jackson ends up being the QB when we play baltimore?

I was thinking the very same thing.  But honestly I think the only way the Ravens do that is if a major injury with a starting QB happens and the Ravens can trade him and move his contract.  They can't cut him because of the cap ramifications and if they bench him, that will create a cancer in the Ravens locker room and kill their season

• Like (+1) 1

I really should have looked at the schedule. I didn't realize it was that serious starting out the gate. 4-0 to 3-1 start would greatly exceed my expectations. It looks more like a 1-3 or 2-2 start.

I agree with your prediction but I'm leaning twords 2-2. We can beat the Vikings. 

Edited by Lfod

6 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I really should have looked at the schedule. I didn't realize it was that serious starting out the gate. 4-0 to 3-1 start would greatly exceed my expectations. It looks more like a 1-3 or 2-2 start.

I agree with your prediction but I'm leaning twords 2-2. We can beat the Vikings. 

Just looking at the games and the matchups, it seems to me that the Vikings defensive line is a major mismatch for the Bills offensive line.  I don't see Buffalo being able to establish a running game and being put into a position to have to throw, I see sacks and turnovers being the difference.

8 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Just looking at the games and the matchups, it seems to me that the Vikings defensive line is a major mismatch for the Bills offensive line.  I don't see Buffalo being able to establish a running game and being put into a position to have to throw, I see sacks and turnovers being the difference.

I think your prediction is right on, but the Bills can't afgord to come out of that 1-3. So I'm going to be in denial and say we beat the Vikings or Green Bay. 

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

I think your prediction is right on, but the Bills can't come out of that 1-3. So I'm going by be in denial and say we beat the Vikings or Green Bay. 

What is your thoughts on the Baltimore and LA Chargers games

6 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Well the Chargers straight gave the Bills a solid beating last year. So Anthony Lynn had the gamplan. I'm not very confident about beating the Chargers. 

Baltimore should be a win but I'm concerned that the offense might need games to Gel with the transition it's in. So I wouldn't be shocked if it's a win or loss. I think defense will keep the game in reach regulardless of the offense. 

Edited by Lfod

Which of the first four teams made the playoffs last year? Only Minnesota, who lost its starting QB. The Bills did make the palyoffs. Those teams need to fear us. I'm not scared of any of them. I am especially not scared of Anthony Lynn (a loser who was run out of Buffalo) or Kirk Cousins (another loser who was run out of Washington) or an aging Rivers. 3-1 or 4-0 easily.

Edited by mileena
  • Haha (+1) 1

Baltimore - Flacco sucks and their D isn't what it used to be. Bills 28 Ravens 17.

San Diego - "San Diego" means whale's vagina. There's no way we lose twice in a row to the biggest kitty in the world. Bills 21, Vajayjays 14.

Vikings - They have a racist name, a QB most Bills fans wouldn't have traded EJ for, and their best receiver is white. Bills 17 Vikings 10.

Packers - Aaron Rogers is a crippled gimp with a gay beard and no receivers. Bills 42 Packers 3.

We'll go 4-0 to open the season. You heard it here first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mileena said:

Which of the first four teams made the playoffs last year? Only Minnesota, who lost its starting QB. The Bills did make the palyoffs. Those teams need to fear us. I'm not scared of any of them. I am especially not scared of Anthony Lynn (a loser who was run out of Buffalo) or Kirk Cousins (another loser who was run out of Washington) or an aging Rivers. 3-1 or 4-0 easily.

Well, your damming of the opposition is faint praise for the Bills.  Minnesota was in the NFC Championship game and has added Talent on the defensive line, improved at QB and gets back Delvin Cook.  The Chargers had a great draft, improved their offensive line and added a quality place kicker.  The Packers get Aaron Rogers back and has improved their secondary in the draft.  Even Baltimore has improved their receiving with the free agents and their draft choices.  So as much as I appreciate your optimism I think factually you have to look at the other teams in more detail.

11 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Baltimore - Flacco sucks and their D isn't what it used to be. Bills 28 Ravens 17.

San Diego - "San Diego" means whale's vagina. There's no way we lose twice in a row to the biggest kitty in the world. Bills 21, Vajayjays 14.

Vikings - They have a racist name, a QB most Bills fans wouldn't have traded EJ for, and their best receiver is white. Bills 17 Vikings 10.

Packers - Aaron Rogers is a crippled gimp with a gay beard and no receivers. Bills 42 Packers 3.

We'll go 4-0 to open the season. You heard it here first.

Thanks for your serious response to a legitimate post.  Go back to alcohol consumption and don't bother to provide us anymore of your quality feedback

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Even though AJ goes 23-30 288 yards 3 TDS in a week 1 squeaker  34-31 win at Baltimore, Peterman gets the Week 2 start after he bests McDermott 3 out of 5 wrestling falls that week at practice...

Peterman to Dez Bryant proves to be a winning combination as the duo hook up for two scores in a 28-14 win...

AJ is recalled Week 3 and 4 but unfortunately they are flogged on the road in Minnesota and Green Bay by a combined score of

76 -20...

Bills Mafia is still ecstatic with the 2-2 start after Tyrod goes 0-3-1 in Cleveland...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

I remember thinking last year if we didn't beat the Jets in week 1 then we might go 0-4 (@Panthers, Broncos, @Falcons).  We went 3-1.

We're lucky to get the Chargers and Packers early in the year.  Chargers are known to be slow out of the gate and winning in Lambeau is easier early in the year than in December.  Flacco may need time to click with his new WR's so week 1 is winnable.  As far as the Vikings, we're screwed.  I'd be very happy with 2-2 through four games.

I’m going with 2-2

My thinking is that McDermott ever the prepared one, has us getting the win at Baltimore. I also feel the home opener is winnable but we have to run the ball well against that pressure d-line.

We need those two wins because we aren’t winning at Minnesota and most likely a tough road loss to the Packers in week 4! Our defense needs to be humming right out of the gate!!!

Bills might be fortunate to start out 2-2.  There is a lot of turnover on OL, QB and a new offense.  Defense should be good, but if offense can't consistently move the chains, there is he distinct possibility that the defense will be on the field a lot.  Bills were fortunate to get a lot of turnovers last year to start the season.  Hopefully, that trend continues and defense can keep game close.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

Bills might be fortunate to start out 2-2.  There is a lot of turnover on OL, QB and a new offense.  Defense should be good, but if offense can't consistently move the chains, there is he distinct possibility that the defense will be on the field a lot.  Bills were fortunate to get a lot of turnovers last year to start the season.  Hopefully, that trend continues and defense can keep game close.  

The defense should get more turnovers if Murphy and Hughes earn their paychecks. The big question mark is the offense. Keep Shady in the swimming pool until mid August. 

7 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I think we are going to have a tough time with boss.

I think facing that pass rush with a line that's still full of new players and learning might be tough, but it's at home, and they started cold last year too, so maybe we can take it.

Baltimore is always a crapshoot with us, but I think we take it.

I don't see us winning in Minnesota or GB, like at all, barring a bad injury to one of their stars.