Interesting Josh Allen Articles

Didn't see these posted, they were good reads. 

https://www.cover1.net/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-nfl-draft-history/

https://www.cover1.net/balancing-josh-allen/

This video was my favorite. I don't think ball placement will be an issue for Allen, I think once he starts learning how to read NFL defenses we will have a special player. I have myself convinced we have the next Stafford/Big Ben.

• Like (+1) 2

That first article has within it all the reasons I really really didn't want initially and some of the reasons I like him now. It leaves out the personal background/late bloomer stuff, but I like the discussion at the end relating to Stafford.

I'll say this, it's hard defending the pick to others who've seen him play who aren't Wyoming fans. Allen played in the same conference as Hawaii, so a lot of people here have seen him play, including a terrible outing against us. I tried defending the pick last night at a work party--not easy.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That first article has within it all the reasons I really really didn't want initially and some of the reasons I like him now. It leaves out the personal background/late bloomer stuff, but I like the discussion at the end relating to Stafford.

I'll say this, it's hard defending the pick to others who've seen him play who aren't Wyoming fans. Allen played in the same conference as Hawaii, so a lot of people here have seen him play, including a terrible outing against us. I tried defending the pick last night at a work party--not easy.

...thought it was one helluva read and gives greater insight into Josh Allen, the young man versus Josh Allen the football player.....just a hunch but I think he'll arrive with a strong work ehtic cultivated at the family level/unbringing, an excellent & supportive teammate, mindful and respectful of those that preceded him in this game and paved the way for his new opportunity and wanting to be the best at what he does....how or if it translates to success in the football will become more evident in the coming weeks, months and year(s)....as an aside, I think TT brought many of those characteristics to the table but the "translation" part was not as successful as one had hoped....sure wish him the best of luck in his new venue and hope he can move ahead......in the meantime, the four distinct camps of Bills fans (quite the dichotomy) as far as the Allen pick are as follows:

1. Ice Cold
2. Lukewarm
3. Medium Heat
4. Scorching Hot

...each fan in those four have their pros and cons regarding their view, again a huge dichotomy......guess we'll have to play the game(s) to see how well Allen translates...stay tuned...

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It’s almost impossible to defend the pick to fans of other NFL teams. The completion percentage puts him in a higher risk category. We will just have to let Allen do the talking for us. Hopefully he has the same rookie season Big Ben had.

• Like (+1) 1

It's not like Josh Allen wore overalls, milked the cows, drove a tractor, worked dawn to dusk

Last thing you'd think seeing his parents, (his mom is hot) and siblings is they're farmers.

Two thousand acres of operational farmland in California nowadays is quite valuable

I can't bring myself to read suffer through yet another insightful analysis that amounts to nothing more than an obsessive, tedious dissertation on completion percentage, completion percentage, completion percentage, completion percentage ad infinitum. 

Here is the illustrious list of the top 25 QB's in completion percentage in college football history. Lies, damn lies and completion percentage.

506130217_ScreenShot2018-05-20at4_04_41PM.thumb.png.b1f00e27037dedb033a98488b6e64492.png

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, billspro said:

It’s almost impossible to defend the pick to fans of other NFL teams. The completion percentage puts him in a higher risk category. We will just have to let Allen do the talking for us. Hopefully he has the same rookie season Big Ben had.

Defend the pick or the picking if him over Rosen?  

Cuz if it's why him over Rosen then I'd simply say Rosen doesn't seem like he has the right attitude for what the bills are looking for in a leader.

28 minutes ago, billspro said:

Why do we care what fans of other NFL teams think so much that we're working to defend the pick to them? 

It's pretty easy to defend the pick. Allen has the highest ceiling among QB's in recent memory and was the best quarterback in the Senior Bowl. The End.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Defend the pick or the picking if him over Rosen?  

Cuz if it's why him over Rosen then I'd simply say Rosen doesn't seem like he has the right attitude for what the bills are looking for in a leader.

Agreed, and while I hate to beat this to death, Rosen doiesn’t have a big frame and two concussions just last year scare me a LOT. Now that I have posted that, they should probably go ahead and get his gold jacket ready in advance. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Agreed, and while I hate to beat this to death, Rosen doiesn’t have a big frame and two concussions just last year scare me a LOT. Now that I have posted that, they should probably go ahead and get his gold jacket ready in advance. 

...not a chance bud.....any putz that comes out throwing flames at his potential teammates ala "NINE mistakes before me" before ever stepping between the stripes gets a hefty bag before or EVER a gold jacket.....I have ZERO respect for pukettes like him who have no respect or humility for those who precede him in this game to afford him an opportunity today as well as insulting every damn teammates with his "holier than thou" attitude....hope a ferocious LB is in his near future.....

45 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I can't bring myself to read suffer through yet another insightful analysis that amounts to nothing more than an obsessive, tedious dissertation on completion percentage, completion percentage, completion percentage, completion percentage ad infinitum. 

Here is the illustrious list of the top 25 QB's in completion percentage in college football history. Lies, damn lies and completion percentage.

506130217_ScreenShot2018-05-20at4_04_41PM.thumb.png.b1f00e27037dedb033a98488b6e64492.png

You almost have to remove the bubble screens from some of those offenses to see what their real completion percentage is. I remember Geno Smith getting 10 completions off of bubble screens per game. 

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

I completely agree on the concussion part of it because he strikes me as the type of person that might get another one or two and consider retiring.  Although that could happen to Allen as well but feel like Rosen doesn't have the "internal drive" to be great.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

The top two are named "Colt."

That's so !@#$ing weird. This is going to bother me for some time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thought it was one helluva read and gives greater insight into Josh Allen, the young man versus Josh Allen the football player.....just a hunch but I think he'll arrive with a strong work ehtic cultivated at the family level/unbringing, an excellent & supportive teammate, mindful and respectful of those that preceded him in this game and paved the way for his new opportunity and wanting to be the best at what he does....how or if it translates to success in the football will become more evident in the coming weeks, months and year(s)....as an aside, I think TT brought many of those characteristics to the table but the "translation" part was not as successful as one had hoped....sure wish him the best of luck in his new venue and hope he can move ahead......in the meantime, the four distinct camps of Bills fans (quite the dichotomy) as far as the Allen pick are as follows:

1. Ice Cold
2. Lukewarm
3. Medium Heat
4. Scorching Hot

...each fan in those four have their pros and cons regarding their view, again a huge dichotomy......guess we'll have to play the game(s) to see how well Allen translates...stay tuned...

Amen. That article you posted really starts to shed light on the kid, and the kid is the reason I fall into the "medium heat" category. I think his story is just so unique to the NFL that maybe he can break through and become a unique player, too.

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Why do we care what fans of other NFL teams think so much that we're working to defend the pick to them? 

It's pretty easy to defend the pick. Allen has the highest ceiling among QB's in recent memory and was the best quarterback in the Senior Bowl. The End.

The thing that drives me batty

This is probably the best QB draft since the Kelly/Marino draft

Why is it so inconceivable to people that there might be several QBs come out of this draft that benefit their teams?  Rosen might hit....Mayfield might hit....Lamar Jackson might be a starter

......and yes.....the qb with the most potential in the draft might also be a hit in Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1

I for one Billieve.....not for nothing place me in the 2.5 category, Medium - the young man has ALOT to learn, ALOT to prove and I sincerely hope that he does both and is indeed the franchise QB the Bills have been looking for all this time......that being said I hope that AJ makes him ride the pine for a year only so the Bills can swing a better than average AJ for mucho draft picks further leading towards a BILLS dynasty.....would that not be way cool?  No??  Well I can dream.....and dream I will.

6 hours ago, billspro said:

Didn't see these posted, they were good reads. 

https://www.cover1.net/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-nfl-draft-history/

https://www.cover1.net/balancing-josh-allen/

This video was my favorite. I don't think ball placement will be an issue for Allen, I think once he starts learning how to read NFL defenses we will have a special player. I have myself convinced we have the next Stafford/Big Ben.

Cover 1???? Get real... I thought it was a reputable source.