Roll Call: Oops Babies

Gugny

I can share with you all that I am indeed a "mistake"! My two brothers are/were 6 and 8 years older. BTW, they hated me

46 48 and me in 54

Edited by fl az fan

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

back seat of a '59 chevy

oops

I remember when they were NEW.  The story was, that several police agencies turned theirs in, because the rear wings limited their speed, in chases.  They could potentially lift the rear of the car, just the opposite of what they were wanting.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, fl az fan said:

I can share with you all that I am indeed a "mistake"! My two brothers are/were 6 and 8 years older. BTW, they hated me

Maybe you should buy one the the XFL jersy's, HE HATE ME.  At least it would never go out of style.

Parents married in Feb. and I was born July of the same year in the late '50's.

I think it was because of Elvis. My father had near black natural hair and Elvis sideburns and my mother was an Elvis fanatic then. 

My parents & grandparents surely did, but I never got "all shook up" about it. 

Story has it that I was dropped out of a speeding Pontiac GTO on Furman Blvd. in 1969. I believe my real parents were part German, Irish and Latino. I have never met them but I love sauerbraten, singing sad Irish ballads in high tenor and carry a switchblade. I was a mistake. 

42 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I remember when they were NEW.  The story was, that several police agencies turned theirs in, because the rear wings limited their speed, in chases.  They could potentially lift the rear of the car, just the opposite of what they were wanting.

My first car was a '59 Impala, coral and beige, bad ass gull wing. That may have contributed to the curse; in fact when I look pictures of the coral and beige Chevy I'm sure of it!

I am the quintessential love-child.

What can I say... I was born February 1968... It was the "Summer of Love" 9 months earlier in 1967. Parents got a jump on things... One of the first out of that summer to be born. Gotta hand it to my 30 something old father for paying close attention to the Counter Culture...

Things happen. ?

"All across the nation
Such a strange vibration
People in motion
There's a whole generation
With a new explanation
People in motion
People in motion

Summertime will be a love-in there"

My family... 5 years apart from oldest, 4 from second, then Me... I Had an "Irish Twin" brother born one day before my first birthday and died on my birthday. Infant Respiratory Distress... My father questioned why baby was born "blue."  Doc's reply: "Oh that happens sometimes"...Gasping with under-developed lungs he passed on next day. My father almost killed the Doc in hallway, staff had to peel him off Doctor.

Then my sister... 4 years later (after me, 3 after my younger, deceased brother).  After having tubes tied... My father's "greatest accomplishment" in his eyes. "He beat the loop." Uh, that's NOT what my sister wanted to hear.  TMI Dad, TMI!  Probably where I get TMI from.

Anyway... I think about my baby brother, how my life would have changed. IRDS (Hyaline Membrane back in those days) is very much managed to full health.  I guess he was the "oops baby."  Any baby born within the last 12 months since a birth probably is.  Gee... Dad, give Mom a little more than 3 months to recover.  Already got 3 young children! LoL... I guess they couldn't keep it under control.

Anyway... Baby doctor waved the fee for the birth of my sister 3 years later in 1972. Pre-insurance days, not getting lawyers into action was a real hoot!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'm the youngest of four kids. (Mom said she wanted six.) When I was born, my siblings were 17, 16, and 10. Noting the large age gap, I once asked my parents why they had another kid that late in life. With a sly grin, Dad said, "You were a forgotten trip to the drug store."

I know he was joking, for three reasons. First, my parents were absolute devout Catholics, and at that time, the church opposed birth control under any circumstances. Second, my dad worked at a drug store! Third, he had a great sense of humor. While he usually kept it G-rated, once in a while he'd go for a little touch of shock factor.