Rookie Premiere photo of Allen and Co.

28 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Settle down now lol.  On the field yes.  I dont know why but Baker Mayfield annoyed me in that video...IDK why

He looks like he's wearing running back shoulder pads from the 80s is my take.  That and the hat.

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Not sure that I like the fact that Josh and Sam are buddies.  Josh needs to understand how much Bills fans hate the dog Ass Jets; the Fish and the Cheatriots.... ?

No one is standing close to the arrogant little bastard QB who we all wanted to draft ?

Nah. Back in the day, when they formed the NFL Quarterback Club, Kelly, Marino, Elway, Esiason, et al were the best of friends outside the lines. But they wanted to crush each other on the field. Just the way it should be. 

For those interested...

the rookie premiere is where the players take and receive their first football cards. I went to it many years ago with my wife. She had to cover it for work and interview all the players. I got to help.

the card companies pick the players and skew heavily toward offense skill positions. Top 5 picks usually get invited.

the year I went, there were two Bills there; Mike Williams and Josh Reed. Overall, it was a very poor class. I got to interact with many of the players and it was easily apparent which players would have NFL careers and which were not going to be good. One WR was asked to flip the ball back and forth in his hands. He couldn’t do it. Kept dropping the ball. There were two WRs who were college QBs that year - Erik Crouch and Antwan Randle-El. Crouch couldn’t throw the ball. Randle-El did everything he was asked to do and stayed to throw passes to the receivers (so they could take pics of them catching the ball).

really fun experience.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Anyone know when that video file was taken?  It's at my daughter's alma mater in California.

It's from today. It's the NFLPA Rookie Premiere which is put on by Panini America, a trading card manufacturer. These dudes will spend the day signing their name more times than they can count and taking tons of photos to be used for future card releases. 

Panini decides who gets invited. There are always more offensive guys there than defensive as most collectors go for players in skill positions. 

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

Not sure that I like the fact that Josh and Sam are buddies.  Josh needs to understand how much Bills fans hate the dog Ass Jets; the Fish and the Cheatriots.... ?

No one is standing close to the arrogant little bastard QB who we all wanted to draft ?

i think Marino and Kelly were friends.  So this could be a good sign.  

21 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

It's from today. It's the NFLPA Rookie Premiere which is put on by Panini America, a trading card manufacturer. These dudes will spend the day signing their name more times than they can count and taking tons of photos to be used for future card releases. 

Panini decides who gets invited. There are always more offensive guys there than defensive as most collectors go for players in skill positions. 

ridiculous that Edmunds is not there.  The guy has HOF potential.  

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Nah. Back in the day, when they formed the NFL Quarterback Club, Kelly, Marino, Elway, Esiason, et al were the best of friends outside the lines. But they wanted to crush each other on the field. Just the way it should be. 

It was easy since they were never on field at same time.

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Since there is open bar afterwards it would be award for Edmunds to attend.

43 minutes ago, BillsFanInTexas said:

There were two WRs who were college QBs that year - Erik Crouch and Antwan Randle-El. Crouch couldn’t throw the ball. Randle-El did everything he was asked to do and stayed to throw passes to the receivers (so they could take pics of them catching the ball).

Antwan Randle-El was first (and as far as I remember only) wide receiver in NFL history to throw a touchdown pass in the Super Bowl.

Crouch never played WR in NFL and ended up being a safety in NFLE before becoming (and trying to become) QB in other alternate leagues.

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

He may have been invited but couldn't make it. A number of rookies miss NFL and NFLPA events every year if they attend a school that runs courses through May and they're trying to finish up their degree. Other guys might have exclusive endorsements with other companies, although that's doubtful when it comes to football cards. A few years ago the NFL decided they wanted a singular exclusive supplier for trading cards. Since Panini is one of, if not, the biggest trading card company in the world, they won the contract and became the only company licensed to make NFL trading cards. Companies like Topps and Upper Deck had to stop making football cards starting in 2016, I believe. Topps is still king of baseball cards and Upper Deck does quite well with hockey card collectors. But yeah, it kinda took some of the fun out of collecting knowing that you only get one choice. Years ago Panini bought out companies like Donruss, Fleer, Playoff, etc. and they print cards using those names and logos but it's still all Panini. Ever since they became the only NFL card supplier they've completely flooded the market. They put out at least 20 different sets of cards for every football season. 

I pretty much gave up on buying boxes and now I just stick to trying to snag a couple of different autographed cards of each Bills rookie from year to year. 

All of this insanely nerdy info comes courtesy of, well, being a nerd that collects a buncha different stuff but also a good friend of mine works for Dave and Adam's. Fun fact, those guys started out as a tiny store in Tonawanda and today they are one of the biggest trading card and collectibles retailers in the nation. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Wonder why no one wanted to stand behind #42 in front row?

There is obviously a missing person there and the person at opposite end of that row seems to belong there.

The OC called for a Shift just before the snap. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1