Tyrod's Touchdowns

21 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

The team scoring was not "tyrod scoring".

Their running games were quite a bit better, especially near the goal line, in 2015 and 2016 vs 2017.

2015 they were #12 in points and #13 in yards

#1 rushing game in NFL in 2015 (#1 in yards, tds, YPC), yet #28th in passing yards, 20th in TDs, but #12 in YPA

Mccoy had 900 yards in 12 games (or a 1300 yards pace), Williams and Gillislee combined for about 800 yards, and Tyrod again had 568 yards on over 100 carries.

2016 they were #10 in points and #16 in yards

#1 rushing game in NFL in 2016 (#1 yards, tds, YPC), yet #30th in passing yards and #27 in passing TDs and YPA.

hmmm.

McCoy had almost 1300 yards, 577 for Gillislee and 580 for Taylor (who ran the ball 95 times that year) so yeah, Taylor can run.

It seems to me that their passing offense was trash 2015, 2016, and 2016. 

Even in 2017 their run game was #6 in yards, but #15 in TD and #14 in YPC

Their passing game sunk even worse #31 yards, #27 TD, #27 YPA

Their decrease in points scored seems to be more an indication of what they did with the running game vs the passing game, which was not very good any of his 3 years as a starter.

Kelly led the team to back to back 400+ (i think 428 and 458) point seasons

He also was a top 7 points scored offense leader for 5 or 6 years in a row.

1998 bills with Flutie had 400 points and 328 points (#7 and #16)

Anyway, rather than look at the total points let's look at the NFL rank, because top points changes year in year out with the rule changes/etc.

Tyrod led the team mostly through his rushing, but had some deep passing success in 2015 as evidenced by his #12 in YPA.

His value was in his running game though, so let's stop acting like he was the second coming of Kelly at QB because he ran a gimmick offense to #12 and #10 in points through a very strong running game.

Hammer down on the nonsense in this thread

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

And somehow the "worst QB ever" will make ~10,000% more than Johnny Manziel this year. Christ, what does that make Johnny Football?

Is it safe to change his name to Johnny Goofball? I don't think he deserves to be called Johnny Football anymore. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/19/2018 at 3:46 PM, Fadingpain said:

Tyrod provided a lot of great long throws, thrilling runs escaping the pocket, ad lib plays sprouting from his athleticism, and all sorts of good things.

His problem is consistency.  He can't play at a high enough level enough of the time.

Also loved to leave points and plays on the field through his own reluctance/hesitation/lack of confidence to throw the ball.

This pretty much explains the difference between and backup and a good starting QB in the NFL. Every QB that’s in the league can make every throw. It’s just being able to do it consistently. What separates the great ones from the good ones is being able to make the throw in a pressure situation. 

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Hammer down on the nonsense in this thread

Sorry.

You're right.

Tyrod is the greatest QB in the league and we are idiots to have gotten rid of him.

(sarcasm)

Edited by SouthNYfan

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I love Clay. 

A rookie QB's best friends are the RB and TE and the Bills have two great ones.

Too bad Justin Hunter couldn't put it all together. What a target at 6'4".

Andre Holmes was a decent red zone target for Oakland.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I love Clay. 

A rookie QB's best friends are the RB and TE and the Bills have two great ones.

Too bad Justin Hunter couldn't put it all together. What a target at 6'4".

Andre Holmes was a decent red zone target for Oakland.

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Crazy we had Watkins,Woods, Goodwin and Hogan ... 

The guy I might miss the most is Rookie Karlos Williams. If he panned out, him and Shady would be terrorizing defenses

Those teams Rex Ryan teams were absolutely loaded from top to bottom. What a missed opportunity. Injuries didn't help though. 

5 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

And I care about your feelings how exactly?

You can revisit it anytime. I've checked your comments and you add nothing to any thread. As I say, I'll be here all year long.

Hey tyrod's friend, you suck!

IMG_20180405_151700986.jpg

Moron. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A QB LIKE PETERMAN HE WENT OIT SWINGING LIKE A MAN. LOSING THE GAME SINGLE HANDEDLY BE DAMNED, HE'S A WARRIOR. HAS YOUR WUSS BODY EVER BEEN HIT BY RAY LEWIS?? KEYBOARD WARRIOR OVER HERE NEVER BEEN HIT BY RAY LEWIS. TOM BRADY AND OTHER QBS ARE COWARDS THO. I'M NOT A KEYBOARD WARRIOR BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE PLAYED WORSE AND TAKEN MORE HITS THAN PETERMAN.

Call me a keyboard warrior again. Dumb dumb dumb

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

You seem like an intellectual addition to TBD. Pardon us for not keeping up with your high IQ. We too dumb so we resort to not liking you ?

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

well, unlike yourself, most have moved on so you're defense is basically meaningless.

Don't bother, he is as dumb as they come

Idk why people are so salty about Tyrod. Hell end up being one of the more memorable QBs as time passes with this Franchise. 

What he could not do as a consistent passer, his legs and arm made him effective. He was good enough to win football games. Ill always love and hate his time with us. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Idk why people are so salty about Tyrod. Hell end up being one of the more memorable QBs as time passes with this Franchise. 

What he could not do as a consistent passer, his legs and arm made him effective. He was good enough to win football games. Ill always love and hate his time with us. 

See, I disagree.  I think Tyrod is one of the most forgettable QB's we ever had because he was boring.  His style of play, his unwillingness to take chances, it lulled me to sleep 95% of the game.

He was not effective, even with his arms and legs.  He was below league average in total TD's among QB's in his best season with possibly the best offensive personnel in Bills history, and by his last year, ranked 26th, barely edging out Jacoby Brissett who was traded and didn't play a full season.  He had 3 less TD's than Deshaun Watson and Watson torn his ACL week 7.  That's so freaking bad.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Good summary. 

Its why I think the Browns will have a somewhat decent year. They are going to dramatically improve on their league high giveaway total from a year ago by adding Tyrod. Turnovers are the difference between winners and losers and Tyrod doesn't turn the ball over. 

Provided that they let him play.

A lot of pressure when you use a number 1 overall pick on a QB

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Good summary. 

Its why I think the Browns will have a somewhat decent year. They are going to dramatically improve on their league high giveaway total from a year ago by adding Tyrod. Turnovers are the difference between winners and losers and Tyrod doesn't turn the ball over. 

Turnovers and scoring are the difference between winners and losers.  QB's with 34 TD's and 14 INT's >>>>>>> QB's with 17 TD's and 7 INT's.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Turnovers and scoring are the difference between winners and losers.  QB's with 34 TD's and 14 INT's >>>>>>> QB's with 17 TD's and 7 INT's.

I think that honestly depends on the teams makeup....

Teams with dominant defenses do not want a qb with a high TD and high interception rate...because the interceptions tend to come at the worst possible times.

A team with an average or bad defense?  Yes they need those extra touchdowns to be competative.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think that honestly depends on the teams makeup....

Teams with dominant defenses do not want a qb with a high TD and high interception rate...because the interceptions tend to come at the worst possible times.

A team with an average or bad defense?  Yes they need those extra touchdowns to be competative.

Is that true?  How do you know?

I've watched a lot of QB's throw a pick or two in the 1st Q and then rattle off 3-4 TD"s passes the rest of the game.

Edited by jmc12290