Tyrod's Touchdowns

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

When the trade happened I thought we had absolutely FLEECED the Browns: getting a 3rd for Taylor and his insufferable fans. 

Turns out it was only a good deal.

I'll be with you all year. And I tell you what ... I promise, my username will remain just as it is. 

What's the over/under on the number of articles SI or ESPN runs on the importance of turnovers, and won/loss records of the Bills and Browns? I'm guessing Buffalo fans get sick of it ... oh, right around Week 10. 

Cheers.:)

8 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'm not here to make excuses. But so I get this right ... it's a Taylor-led offense when he's playing with an injury and Shady McCoy is getting 50 yards on 18 carries (other than his single play), but the ONLY reason we were able to have a damned good offense for 2015 and 2016 is because McCoy got 900 yards in 2015 and was arguably the third best running back in the AFCE in 2016.

I just want to make sure I get this all right in my mind.

thanks.

you're defense of a former player is off the charts. as adamant as you are it wouldn't matter what anyone came up with, you would find an excuse.

here, mosey on over to one of their boards and share with his new teams fans about your love for tyrod, I'm sure they would welcome you aboard with open arms.

there's a few to choose from, take your pick

https://www.google.com/search?ei=9dIBW66DDqO_jwSLqYOABw&q=cleveland+browns+message+board&oq=cleveland+browns+message+board&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0i67k1j0j0i22i30k1.2375.4381.0.5877.1.1.0.0.0.0.115.115.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1j2.64.psy-ab..0.1.114....0.f-biSfp2z2s

thanks

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'll be with you all year. And I tell you what ... I promise, my username will remain just as it is. 

What's the over/under on the number of articles SI or ESPN runs on the importance of turnovers, and won/loss records of the Bills and Browns? I'm guessing Buffalo fans get sick of it ... oh, right around Week 10. 

man.

he's gone. Get over it, and more importantly, yourself.

:D

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

I don't think he understands that you just insulted him :lol:

No, I understood. 

Giving props is something I do for people that are witty, or at the least make a good comment to move along a conversation. You'll notice that I've never giving props to someone like you.

Now that, that is an insult.

No, I understood. 

Giving props is something I do for people that are witty, or at the least make a good comment to move along a conversation. You'll notice that I've never giving props to someone like you.

I'm sure his feelings are hurt

No, I understood. 

pfft.

try harder.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're defense of a former player is off the charts. as adamant as you are it wouldn't matter what anyone came up with, you would find an excuse.

here, mosey on over to one of their boards and share with his new teams fans about your love for tyrod, I'm sure they would welcome you aboard with open arms.

there's a few to choose from, take your pick

https://www.google.com/search?ei=9dIBW66DDqO_jwSLqYOABw&q=cleveland+browns+message+board&oq=cleveland+browns+message+board&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0i67k1j0j0i22i30k1.2375.4381.0.5877.1.1.0.0.0.0.115.115.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1j2.64.psy-ab..0.1.114....0.f-biSfp2z2s

thanks

Yeah, sorry, but you know what? I'm not a Browns fan; I'm a Bills fan. And to be honest, I'm not a Tyrod fan. But the truth is the truth and throughout this thread nobody is arguing with me other than to blather.

The guy was good for us from 2015 to 2016. Period. He'll be good someplace else. I think that's a fair assessment of what I'm saying.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

pfft.

try harder.

You aren't worth it.

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

Yeah, sorry, but you know what? I'm not a Browns fan; I'm a Bills fan. And to be honest, I'm not a Tyrod fan. But the truth is the truth and throughout this thread nobody is arguing with me other than to blather.

The guy was good for us from 2015 to 2016. Period. He'll be good someplace else. I think that's a fair assessment of what I'm saying.

well, unlike yourself, most have moved on so you're defense is basically meaningless.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

This is me shedding a tear.

No really.

We'll revisit this gem of a thread when he's benched after, say, week 7.

And I care about your feelings how exactly?

You can revisit it anytime. I've checked your comments and you add nothing to any thread. As I say, I'll be here all year long.

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

well, unlike yourself, most have moved on so you're defense is basically meaningless.

Since the only time I bring him up is when he is attacked without cause, I fail to see how this is true. 

It seems to me that fans like to make him the cause of all the pain in their lives and I take some pleasure in showing them to be wrong. 
Have a good one.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And we're all intellectually, emotionally and spiritually impoverished for that.

Thanks SO very much.

No problem!

Given the depth of your posts and the thought you take in making them, I can surely see that you intellectually quite gifted. 

15 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

SI Articles huh ? 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

This is too easy. First, how many QBs have success at his age? Is that where you want to take this???

Not to mention, there is a little thing that is different between being a QB and being a RB. C'mon. 

Finally .. unwillingness to throw deep???

Are you out of fool mind?

Between 2015 and 16 the guy was one of the best deep balls in the NFL. Go back to that highlight reel from the OP. You stop throwing deep when you stop having wide receivers that get open deep. 

And the Indy game? The last rattle, friend.

It's a party of one and nothing any Bills fan is going to day that really makes that different. Number of successful running backs that pass the age of 30 with more than 2300 attempts. One. Calendar ain't your friend and ultimately, if Shady McCoy had any value this front office (that jettisoned every other expensive veteran on the squat) would have done the same with him. 

You might not like it, but I'm just speaking the truth. Here's what I got ... we didn't pay anything to get our QB for the last three years. We got at least one PB performance out of him. We never paid him jack for his work here. We got a 3rd rounder out of him on the way out. And for McCoy, we gave up what wound up to be nothing in the NFL in Kiko. 

I'm good with all that.

21aqbc.jpg

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Not directed at Shady (hey, all in good fun bud) but for any Buffalo Bills fan:

Come up with any two year run like Tyrod Taylor had from 2015 to 2016 where the team scored 379 and 399 points. Good luck with that. 

The team scoring was not "tyrod scoring".

Their running games were quite a bit better, especially near the goal line, in 2015 and 2016 vs 2017.

2015 they were #12 in points and #13 in yards

#1 rushing game in NFL in 2015 (#1 in yards, tds, YPC), yet #28th in passing yards, 20th in TDs, but #12 in YPA

Mccoy had 900 yards in 12 games (or a 1300 yards pace), Williams and Gillislee combined for about 800 yards, and Tyrod again had 568 yards on over 100 carries.

2016 they were #10 in points and #16 in yards

#1 rushing game in NFL in 2016 (#1 yards, tds, YPC), yet #30th in passing yards and #27 in passing TDs and YPA.

hmmm.

McCoy had almost 1300 yards, 577 for Gillislee and 580 for Taylor (who ran the ball 95 times that year) so yeah, Taylor can run.

It seems to me that their passing offense was trash 2015, 2016, and 2016. 

Even in 2017 their run game was #6 in yards, but #15 in TD and #14 in YPC

Their passing game sunk even worse #31 yards, #27 TD, #27 YPA

Their decrease in points scored seems to be more an indication of what they did with the running game vs the passing game, which was not very good any of his 3 years as a starter.

Kelly led the team to back to back 400+ (i think 428 and 458) point seasons

He also was a top 7 points scored offense leader for 5 or 6 years in a row.

1998 bills with Flutie had 400 points and 328 points (#7 and #16)

Anyway, rather than look at the total points let's look at the NFL rank, because top points changes year in year out with the rule changes/etc.

Tyrod led the team mostly through his rushing, but had some deep passing success in 2015 as evidenced by his #12 in YPA.

His value was in his running game though, so let's stop acting like he was the second coming of Kelly at QB because he ran a gimmick offense to #12 and #10 in points through a very strong running game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1