Tyrod's Touchdowns

3 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Once again ... nearly 12 yards per attempt over a two year span. Sorry dude, but you're flat out wrong.

Team most likely to regress in 2018: the Buffalo Bills.
Team most likely to improve: Cleveland Browns.

Not going anywhere.

Player most likely to fall off the cliff this year: Shady McCoy.

The bottom 5th in passing offense is nothing to brag about.  

But good effort in cherry picking stats.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bring it said:

Believe when I see it. Tyrod has no run game,one good receiver in Landry, and a lousy defense!  We probably will regresse some especially with all the changes on the o line, but can’t see our defense playing worse!

Just now, Bring it said:

Believe when I see it. Tyrod has no run game,one good receiver in Landry, and a lousy defense!  We probably will regresse some especially with all the changes on the o line, but can’t see our defense playing worse!

LMAO.

Lousy defense? LMAO, ok sure. Really. Gordon, Landry, Njoko? Tell you what, I'll put those three up against what Buffalo will put on the field. Chubb and Hyde in the backfield? Our offensive line took three steps back. 

I guess we'll see but I think you are way off the course on that one.

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Gonna regress without 

- 125 yard panthers game 

- 166 yard bengals game 

-  56 yard saints game 

-  65 yard pats game 

- 134 yard jags game 

Im not sure regression is mathematically possible.         Don’t spend too much on your new Browns jersey ?

Aka the guy who carried your friend for the last few years 

Talk about cherry picking ... yeah. 

94 QB rating. 12 YPA. Least turnovers. One of the most productive rushing QBs. Offense that scored 390 points a season until Dennison showed up. I don't have to pick out single games to do it; that's a composite over two years. Let me see ... which of these two is "cherry picking"? Selecting single games, or looking at a two year stretch?

Age, bud. He might have helped the team, but the Buffalo Bills picked the wrong veteran to jettison out of that backfield. Think I'm wrong? Tell me how many teams would have chomped at the bit to pick up Shady's contract at any price? NONE. NONE AT ALL. 

He's worthless right now. Worthless. Because a big contract and a slowing step and age in a running back is not an attractive look. Calendar ain't your friend.

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Age, bud. He might have helped the team, but the Buffalo Bills picked the wrong veteran to jettison out of that backfield. Think I'm wrong? Tell me how many teams would have chomped at the bit to pick up Shady's contract at any price? NONE. NONE AT ALL. 

He's worthless right now. Worthless. Because a big contract and a slowing step and age in a running back is not an attractive look. Calendar ain't your friend.

...watches highlights of Shady winning the Indy game when all indications to that point were that it was going to end a tie...

Oh yeah, worthless.  Bum definitely has nothing left in the tank.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The bottom 5th in passing offense is nothing to brag about.  

But good effort in cherry picking stats.

...stats don't mean jack and are easily manipulated to prove one's point or disprove another's.....so we can cut to the chase and ask the simplest of simple questions......bear in mind these questions are NOT meant to single out TT because Dennison also had PLENTY to do with it IMO......was the passing game component of this offense a viable threat to the opposition?.....if the opposition defense gave up 60%run/40% passing or 40%run/60% passing, were viable game plans drawn up again with confidence in the passing component?..if the known was the defense was to stack the box with 8+, could we come out throwing with confidence be it short, intermediate or long to soften the box load?.if down by 7 with 2:18 on the clock and three timeouts left, what was the confidence level as far as this offense being able to CONSISTENTLY run the 2 minute drill and tie this bad boy up?....if the majority answers are YES, then TT should still be here....if the majority of the answers are no, then consider in whose favor the scale is tipped against, TT or Dennison?...or it balanced with equal blame on both sides?.....bottom line is it did not work out here, the lad has moved on to a new venue and I hope he hones his skills to realize his NFL dreams, no harm, foul or hatred cited here....

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....bottom line is it did not work out here, the lad has moved on to a new venue and I hope he hones his skills to realize his NFL dreams, no harm, foul or hatred cited here....

Couldn't agree more. 

He had his chance with us, did what he could with it, got hamstrung some by the situation but that was up to him to elevate. 22-20 is what it is and you can't change that.

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

...watches highlights of Shady winning the Indy game when all indications to that point were that it was going to end a tie...

Oh yeah, worthless.  Bum definitely has nothing left in the tank.  ?

Keep using that back view mirror.

Just keep looking backward, don't mind that the number of running backs that have had successful careers after 30 with more than 2200 rushing attempts is a party of 1 - Frank Gore. 

Calendar. Ain't your friend.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

Just keep looking backward, don't mind that the number of running backs that have had successful careers after 30 with more than 2200 rushing attempts is a party of 1 - Frank Gore. 

Calendar. Ain't your friend.

...and by extension, Tom Brady must really be awful, because how many QBs have had real success at his age?  Poor Tom, why is he even still playing with the Patriots?  Calendar isn't his friend, after all.

Thanks to TT's inability and unwillingness to throw deep, Shady had to run against defenses that stacked all eleven players, a couple cheerleaders and an assistant coach in the box and still managed to get the job done.  Regardless of your views on Allen and AJ, both QBs will at least stretch the field, making it a lot easier on the running game.  Even if he loses a step, not running into a brick wall every play should allow him to play at a level at least equal to last year.

And rearview mirror?  Dude...ah...that Indy game was just five months ago, week 14!  Shady has only played three games since then.  Yeah, I think it's reasonable to look at that as an indicator of where he's currently at.  What's next, you're gonna tell me a MLB pitcher is showing signs of aging and losing his speed, when the guy just threw a 100 MPH fastball three pitches ago?  And if I point that out will you say "That was three whole pitches ago!  Rear view mirror man, time isn't his friend.  He's all washed up now!"?

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Make him a QB.  

The epitaph of Tyrod 

Not directed at Shady (hey, all in good fun bud) but for any Buffalo Bills fan:

Come up with any two year run like Tyrod Taylor had from 2015 to 2016 where the team scored 379 and 399 points. Good luck with that. 

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Not directed at Shady (hey, all in good fun bud) but for any Buffalo Bills fan:

Come up with any two year run like Tyrod Taylor had from 2015 to 2016 where the team scored 379 and 399 points. Good luck with that. 

how far did those points get them in to the post season?

oh that's right, they didn't make the post season in 2015/2016

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

...and by extension, Tom Brady must really be awful, because how many QBs have had real success at his age?  Poor Tom, why is he even still playing with the Patriots?  Calendar isn't his friend, after all.?

This is too easy. First, how many QBs have success at his age? Is that where you want to take this???

Not to mention, there is a little thing that is different between being a QB and being a RB. C'mon. 

Finally .. unwillingness to throw deep???

Are you out of fool mind?

Between 2015 and 16 the guy was one of the best deep balls in the NFL. Go back to that highlight reel from the OP. You stop throwing deep when you stop having wide receivers that get open deep. 

And the Indy game? The last rattle, friend.

It's a party of one and nothing any Bills fan is going to day that really makes that different. Number of successful running backs that pass the age of 30 with more than 2300 attempts. One. Calendar ain't your friend and ultimately, if Shady McCoy had any value this front office (that jettisoned every other expensive veteran on the squat) would have done the same with him. 

You might not like it, but I'm just speaking the truth. Here's what I got ... we didn't pay anything to get our QB for the last three years. We got at least one PB performance out of him. We never paid him jack for his work here. We got a 3rd rounder out of him on the way out. And for McCoy, we gave up what wound up to be nothing in the NFL in Kiko. 

I'm good with all that.

Calendar will have less to do with any slowdown this year in Shady, more likely the loss of Wood, Incognito and an ever shaky right side.

On the Browns; Gordon is far from reliable at this point, offensive line needs improvement to have a consistent ground game and where is the defense?

Taylor will be running for his life! Let alone if they are stupid enough to start Mayfield(they are). 

It it will be sandlot ball at its best. Tyrod will dazzle at times and the dawgs will suck it up. But, that is all!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

how far did those points get them in to the post season?

oh that's right, they didn't make the post season in 2015/2016

Offense was 12th and then 10th in the NFL. Unfortunately the defense was at best middle of the pack.

Taylor only plays offense. But the defense surely looked a whole lot better than the statistics showed, since the team didn't have nearly the turnovers they would have with any other QB in the NFL. 

I'm sorry but that's the fact. Turnovers = points, and Taylor's effectiveness as a QB plus his lack of turnovers made him a pretty good QB in those two years. It certainly wasn't Shady McCoy's staggering 900 yards of rushing in 2015, that's for damn sure.

But I can' t argue. The record was what the record was. We'll see how that record looks this year without him. As a Bills fan I'm hoping we do a whole lot better but as I listen to the head coach, I think that's a dream.

7 minutes ago, Bring it said:

Calendar will have less to do with any slowdown this year in Shady, more likely the loss of Wood, Incognito and an ever shaky right side.

yeah, I'm sure that will be the excuse. It was all on the offensive line. Where have I heard that before? 

This team isn't good and the best player we drafted isn't here to help in 2018, and because we drafted him we have even less help for next year. Again, I'll put what the Browns will have on the field, in the offensive line, at WR/TE, at RB, and in their defense, against what the Bills will put on the field. 

Add a QB that isn't a turnover machine. We disagree and I'll leave it at that. 
Cheers.

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Offense was 12th and then 10th in the NFL. Unfortunately the defense was at best middle of the pack.

Taylor only plays offense. But the defense surely looked a whole lot better than the statistics showed, since the team didn't have nearly the turnovers they would have with any other QB in the NFL. 

I'm sorry but that's the fact. Turnovers = points, and Taylor's effectiveness as a QB plus his lack of turnovers made him a pretty good QB in those two years. It certainly wasn't Shady McCoy's staggering 900 yards of rushing in 2015, that's for damn sure.

But I can' t argue. The record was what the record was. We'll see how that record looks this year without him. As a Bills fan I'm hoping we do a whole lot better but as I liertsten to the head coach, I think that's a dream.

“Pretty good” is right. I can agree with you there. He certainly took care of the ball! He certainly doesn’t lose many games for you. Doesn’t make the big throws to win many either. Some but not enough!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

But I can' t argue. The record was what the record was. We'll see how that record looks this year without him. As a Bills fan I'm hoping we do a whole lot better but as I listen to the head coach, I think that's a dream.

excuses, excuses

then the points are irrelevant and prove little to nothing. so who was to blame for the offense in their first playoff appearance in 18 years? seems a taylor led offense could only muster up 3 points??

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

excuses, excuses

then the points are irrelevant and prove little to nothing. so who was to blame for the offense in their first playoff appearance in 18 years? seems a taylor led offense could only muster up 3 points??

I'm not here to make excuses. But so I get this right ... it's a Taylor-led offense when he's playing with an injury and Shady McCoy is getting 50 yards on 18 carries (other than his single play), but the ONLY reason we were able to have a damned good offense for 2015 and 2016 is because McCoy got 900 yards in 2015 and was arguably the third best running back in the AFCE in 2016.

I just want to make sure I get this all right in my mind.

thanks.

Edited by Tyrod's friend

12 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

yeah, I'm sure that will be the excuse. It was all on the offensive line. Where have I heard that before? 

This team isn't good and the best player we drafted isn't here to help in 2018, and because we drafted him we have even less help for next year. Again, I'll put what the Browns will have on the field, in the offensive line, at WR/TE, at RB, and in their defense, against what the Bills will put on the field. 

Add a QB that isn't a turnover machine. We disagree and I'll leave it at that. 
Cheers.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

When the trade happened I thought we had absolutely FLEECED the Browns: getting a 3rd for Taylor and his insufferable fans. 

Turns out it was only a good deal.

I don't think he understands that you just insulted him :lol: