Tyrod's Touchdowns

2 minutes ago, alluro said:

I'm curious how the Tyrod story would have developed if Buffalo didn't continually lose his most effective offensive weapons for one reason or another. Is it any coincidence he looked best with Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, Karlos Williams, and Goodwin?

Buffalo gave him nothing to work with last year whatsoever beyond Shady.

Is he elite? No, he is not. But Tyrod can win games for you with the right supporting cast. 

Which games would that be?

There's no reason why Buffalo couldn't have brought him back for a year while Allen gains experience. Next season has the potential to be disastrous without the security blanket of having a proven professional like Tyrod around.

4 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Which games would that be?

He had a 23-20 record as a starter for us, often times with a lousy supporting cast.

Taylor completed 62.6 percent of his passes for 8,857 yards with 51 touchdowns and 16 interceptions, and he was a masterful runner who often saved plays by escaping the pass rush to pick up first downs.

He wasn't Aaron Rodgers, but his production won't be as easy to replace as many feel. Plus, the man literally led the Bills to playoffs for the first time in 17 years and the team sent him packing, smh.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Lol, team sport, remember.

Yeah, NOW it's a team sport. But it was Tyrod's fault when the Bills were top 7 in scoring and the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed in 2016.

40 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

it's .500! HOORAY .500!

Actually two games over .500, a.k.a. a winning record.

25 minutes ago, alluro said:

I'm curious how the Tyrod story would have developed if Buffalo didn't continually lose his most effective offensive weapons for one reason or another. Is it any coincidence he looked best with Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, Karlos Williams, and Goodwin?

Buffalo gave him nothing to work with last year whatsoever beyond Shady.

Is he elite? No, he is not. But Tyrod can win games for you with the right supporting cast. 

You wont have to wonder much longer because he has some really good weapons in Cleveland.

Just now, FearLess Price said:

Is the coaching there tho?

Does Tyrod need to have the absolute best coaches and players around him to be fairly judged? Todd Haley is running the offense there so you tell me.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Does Tyrod need to have the absolute best coaches and players around him to be fairly judged? Todd Haley is running the offense there so you tell me.

If Haley is allowed to run the show that is. CLE nedds an OC. A real OC not just one in name you know the type.

19 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Tyrod provided a lot of great long throws, thrilling runs escaping the pocket, ad lib plays sprouting from his athleticism, and all sorts of good things.

His problem is consistency.  He can't play at a high enough level enough of the time.

Also loved to leave points and plays on the field through his own reluctance/hesitation/lack of confidence to throw the ball.

well, when you purposefully destroy the entire WR core and replace them with the flotsam of the NFL ... that tends to work against the QBs confidence just a little bit.

Buffalo Bills offense, 2015 and 2016: 778 points, 390 per year (and by the way, an upward trajectory).
Buffalo Bills offense, 2017: 360 points. Is it fair to say that the team lost 40 points of offense because of the WR group more than the QB? I think so.

Buffalo put a run-first offense on the field and for three years all I heard from fans was why the QB doesn't throw for 250 to 300 yards.?

5 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

well, when you purposefully destroy the entire WR core and replace them with the flotsam of the NFL ... that tends to work against the QBs confidence just a little bit.

Buffalo Bills offense, 2015 and 2016: 778 points, 390 per year (and by the way, an upward trajectory).
Buffalo Bills offense, 2017: 360 points. Is it fair to say that the team lost 40 points of offense because of the WR group more than the QB? I think so.

Buffalo put a run-first offense on the field and for three years all I heard from fans was why the QB doesn't throw for 250 to 300 yards.?

Fail. he didn't do that even WITH WR weapons here.

Do better.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Fail. he didn't do that even WITH WR weapons here.

Do better.

LMAO.

In 2016 he had fewer passes attempted than nearly every other starting QBs.
In 2015, he attempted even fewer.

Please inform me how he was supposed to complete passes he NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO THROW.

Can we run the video on his turnovers as well?

Should take about 60 seconds.

3 hours ago, PIP said:

Carlos Williams what became of that guy?

I believe he's done smoked himself out of the league

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817846/article/nfl-suspends-exbills-rb-karlos-williams-at-least-a-year

Suspended a minimum of  1 year as of last June 28th - 3rd suspension

26 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

If Haley is allowed to run the show that is. CLE nedds an OC. A real OC not just one in name you know the type.

I don't think Haley is the "yes Boss right away Boss" type.  He's either running the show or leaving the show.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe he's done smoked himself out of the league

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817846/article/nfl-suspends-exbills-rb-karlos-williams-at-least-a-year

Suspended a minimum of  1 year as of last June 28th - 3rd suspension

Such a shame. He had so much potential, and was such a good compliment to Shady. And he was fun to watch. Pot really affects different people in different ways. Ricky Williams, still a marijuana advocate, and user, is still in phenomenal, physical shape. I wonder if there is any hope for Karlos?

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Such a shame. He had so much potential, and was such a good compliment to Shady. And he was fun to watch. Pot really affects different people in different ways. Ricky Williams, still a marijuana advocate, and user, is still in phenomenal, physical shape. I wonder if there is any hope for Karlos?

Well, considering he showed up at his most recent Bills training camp like he'd been chowing down "monster munchies", and then got a 2nd chance with the Steelers and couldn't make good - I'm going to vote "no"

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, considering he showed up at his most recent Bills training camp like he'd been chowing down "monster munchies", and then got a 2nd chance with the Steelers and couldn't make good - I'm going to vote "no"

My brother used to be a pothead, well into adult life. Then, I was visiting him one day (we live on opposite ends of the country), and I noticed that he wasn't smoking. I asked him about it, and he replied, "well, I just realized one day that I didn't like it any more, and two years later, I quit." He's an example of a marijuana addict, but I've known people who accomplished a lot, and smoke weed without issue.

Karlos seems like someone who needs to quit it entirely, like my brother was. Manziel is making a go at a career in the CFL, and he certainly has his demons. I hope Karlos can pull something together. Of course, talented RBs have a lot less value than talented QBs.

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

LMAO.

In 2016 he had fewer passes attempted than nearly every other starting QBs.
In 2015, he attempted even fewer.

Please inform me how he was supposed to complete passes he NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO THROW.

Can we run the video on his turnovers as well?

Should take about 60 seconds.

So you’re saying Tyrod wasn’t the engine of that offense? Correct.

• Like (+1) 1