Tyrod's Touchdowns

I agreed with moving on from Tyrod, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the good things he brought to the table. He had a lot of positives, as well as his obvious shortcomings. It wasn’t good enough to get us to the promised land, so we went in another direction. That doesn’t make him the devil. I don’t get the pure hate that some people exhibit. He’s an NFL QB, but he’s not elite.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

I agreed with moving on from Tyrod, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the good things he brought to the table. He had a lot of positives, as well as his obvious shortcomings. It wasn’t good enough to get us to the promised land, so we went in another direction. That doesn’t make him the devil. I don’t get the pure hate that some people exhibit. He’s an NFL QB, but he’s not elite.

...WELL stated Augie....good kid, great work ethic and good teammate.....hope the change of scenery gets him closer to the next level.............

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Watching this makes me hate the Rex hire even more. Our D went from awesome to trash. What a joke that guy was.

Well, last year we got to see Tyrod play with a decent defense on the other side.  We were a one and done in the playoffs.  Let's say we gave Taylor more options and kept Watkins and resigned Woods.  I think the ceiling would've been the AFC Divisional round.  Tyrod is certainly a starting caliber QB made for a team with a strong defense, but you're not winning a Superbowl with him.  As much as I dislike the Allen pick as the track record of a low completion percentage in college succeeding in the NFL are very low, I can't deny he has the potential to develop into an elite quarterback with his physical attributes who could take this team to the Superbowl. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Thanks for losing the playoff game with another patented no show as the defense played their asses off ??‍♂️

How about no.   

Good riddance.    Let’s get real about the position. 

Gross take man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Gross take man

Whats the gross part besides the irrational feelings you’ve developed for him ? 

The Bills defense held the jags to 10 points. Hyde, Poyer, KW, and company served up an easy win on a platter but we had Tyrod behind center ??‍♂️????

Jags dropped 65 points over their next two playoff games. 

Search out two and fourteens posts for further proof that Tyrod was god awful. 

Josh Allen is here, browns gave us a 3rd for a guy who ride the pine before mid season.

There’s a better take for ya.      I’ll save all Browns posts for when hard knocks starts and Baker clowns the bum.      

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Whats the gross part besides the irrational feelings you’ve developed for him ? 

The Bills defense held the jags to 10 points. Hyde, Poyer, KW, and company served up an easy win on a platter but we had Tyrod behind center ??‍♂️????

Jags dropped 65 points over their next two playoff games. 

Search out two and fourteens posts for further proof that Tyrod was god awful. 

Josh Allen is here, browns gave us a 3rd for a guy who ride the pine before mid season.

There’s a better take for ya.      I’ll save all Browns posts for when hard knocks starts and Baker clowns the bum.      

it sucked losing in the playoffs. It was an amazing feeling losing in the playoffs because we were IN THE PLAYOFFS (despite Peterman's best efforts). Tyrod helped get us there, because no other quarterback on the roster had a shred of his talent. If our new QBs we know absolutely nothing about throw too many picks, "Hyde, Poyer, KW, and company" don't get the opportunity to "[serve] up an easy win on a platter".

I guess I'm irrational because I liked the fact that Tyrod played to our defenses strengths by giving them the chance to win games? We weren't going far because Tyrod was only good for that and was too inconsistent to win a game when given the silver platter. That's why I agreed he should go. But don't knock him for getting us to the playoffs just because he lost in the playoffs is all I'm saying.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Has anyone said he didn’t provide sweet moments at times?

That sounds made up.

He had plenty of sweet moments.  They just hardly ever happened when the Bills needed them.

8 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

it sucked losing in the playoffs. It was an amazing feeling losing in the playoffs because we were IN THE PLAYOFFS (despite Peterman's best efforts). Tyrod helped get us there, because no other quarterback on the roster had a shred of his talent. If our new QBs we know absolutely nothing about throw too many picks, "Hyde, Poyer, KW, and company" don't get the opportunity to "[serve] up an easy win on a platter".

I guess I'm irrational because I liked the fact that Tyrod played to our defenses strengths by giving them the chance to win games? We weren't going far because Tyrod was only good for that and was too inconsistent to win a game when given the silver platter. That's why I agreed he should go. But don't knock him for getting us to the playoffs just because he lost in the playoffs is all I'm saying.

Fair enough take but I’d prefer a qb who can win games with two min drives when needed over a “not throw int’s” and hope and wish special teams or defense can make plays 

jmo, and looking forward to seeing Josh Allen sling it ! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Fair enough take but I’d prefer a qb who can win games with two min drives when needed over a “not throw int’s” and hope and wish special teams or defense can make plays 

jmo, and looking forward to seeing Josh Allen sling it ! 

We're on the same page brutha.

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Tyrod was very good against the Dolphins.  Unfortunately, we can't play the Dolphins all 16 games.

yeah NFL rules wouldn't allow the endangerment of the species.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Gosh, what happened to Karlos Williams. 

He played with such a reckless playing style on the field I questioned his sanity. Of course it's the NFL and most RBs not named shady and bell play like that as well lol

Great character, hard worker, and by all accounts a great teammate. Tyrod was a good dude. He was part of ending the drought. I have absolutely no ill will towards the man. That being said he was inconsistent, didn't process what he saw on the field fast enough, was gun shy to the point he wouldn't throw guys open, or he flat out just didn't see the open man. He is a lower third of the league starter, but he was the best QB we have had in many years. Best of luck to Tyrod in Cleveland, except against us. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Great character, hard worker, and by all accounts a great teammate. Tyrod was a good dude. He was part of ending the drought. I have absolutely no ill will towards the man. That being said he was inconsistent, didn't process what he saw on the field fast enough, was gun shy to the point he wouldn't throw guys open, or he flat out just didn't see the open man. He is a lower third of the league starter, but he was the best QB we have had in many years. Best of luck to Tyrod in Cleveland, except against us. 

Sorry H2o but this is a TT thread which is no place for rational thought.

When TT starts the 1st game this year he will be the best QB Cleveland has fielded in a long time.

That being said I'm glad we have moved on.

Good luck TT.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, H2o said:

Agreed. I hope he does well.  

5 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Has anyone said he didn’t provide sweet moments at times?

That sounds made up.

There are absolutely a lot of Bills fans who have nothing good to say about Taylor.

I agree he needed to go. His ceiling was far too low, but he is not a bad QB. He's just average.

4 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

If we played the Dolphins 16 times a year, Charles Clay would have 2,000 yards and 30 TDs. It's vastly entertaining watching them try to tackle him.

Yeah, that TD where he made like 4 guys miss is laughable. He's a TE, for goodness sake.

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Tyrod provided a lot of great long throws, thrilling runs escaping the pocket, ad lib plays sprouting from his athleticism, and all sorts of good things.

His problem is consistency.  He can't play at a high enough level enough of the time.

Also loved to leave points and plays on the field through his own reluctance/hesitation/lack of confidence to throw the ball.

My frustration with Tyrod was his unwillingness to throw to anyone save wide open receivers and only seeing half the field. If he learns to trust his teammates he would be, in my opinion, electric.