COMEBACKSZN Manziel is back!

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Hamilton Tiger Cats play at Tim Hortons Field.  You forgot the small coffee and a free donut daily.

I find it odd they serve Coor's instead of Labatt's. It wasn't like that when the stadium was named Ivor Wynne. Is Tim Hortons Inc in a riff with Labatt Brewing?

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The word was that the CFL would not let him sign a one-year contract. I wonder what the end-result contract looks like. 

Maybe he makes himself into a Flutie story and goes and gets a bunch of MVP's and Grey Cups, returning to the NFL as a savvy veteran creating a QB controversy.....with some other team.

hope for his sake that he actually has his life together and can right the ship that was once sailing towards a rather lucrative, if not successful, NFL career.

Or he gets cut for being a jagoff. What's more likely?

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Or he gets cut for being a jagoff. What's more likely?

...a.sadly slow news day when Mr. Irrelevant STILL makes the headlines..........his ship went by way of the SS Minnow..........

I hope he does well in the CFL  and  keeps his life together. Hamilton not far from Buffalo . 

Side note Tim Tebow playing for Binghamton, NY Rumble Ponies AA baseball.

4 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Depends.

I think the average CFL Salary is like 80 grand per year. Minimum is 50.

League minimum will be $54,000 in 2018.

Salary cap per team will be a mere $5.2 million in 2018.

Going rate for starting CFL QB: $400,000.

A few elite QBs make over $500,000.

SOURCE: http://3downnation.com/2017/07/24/raising-leagues-minimum-salary-key-cfls-upcoming-cba-negotiations/

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I find it odd they serve Coor's instead of Labatt's. It wasn't like that when the stadium was named Ivor Wynne. Is Tim Hortons Inc in a riff with Labatt Brewing?

Probably just a case of Molson Coors outbid Labatt and their parent corporation.  In 2013 it was announced Molson Coors was the 'official beer partner' of the Tiger Cats.

I was hoping he'd say, "I'm taking my talents to Hamilton."

This is a smart move for him as it's the only way you're going to prove to the NFL that you've matured by staying clean and focused for an entire season while performing at a high level.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

I hope he does well in the CFL  and  keeps his life together. Hamilton not far from Buffalo . 

Side note Tim Tebow playing for Binghamton, NY Rumble Ponies AA baseball.

Playing in Manchester NH tonight. Thinking of going but it's cold and rainy out.

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Just a bridge and a short drive up the QEW from Buffalo ... Hmmmmmmmm 

It's worth going. I'm lucky I caught a game at the old Ivor Wynne. It was like a trip back down Best St. to the old War Memorial.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's worth going. I'm lucky I caught a game at the old Ivor Wynne. It was like a trip back down Best St. to the old War Memorial.

Ivor Wynne's field was laid out east-west, whereas Tim Hortons' field runs north-south.