Summer Concert Roll Call

billsfanmiami(oh)

My one nephew is coming to DC for my other nephews graduation on Wednesday. He came to Baltimore early to attend this. 

https://www.baltimoresoundstage.com/event/1558386-maryland-deathfest-xvi-baltimore/

my lord, and he is the most quiet, respectful , polite, smart kid I know. Sleeping in his car to save money, will shower at the Y!  

Top that festival you schmucks! 

5 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Foo Fighters

Smashing Pumpkins

Live

Metallica

That's it so far

Metallica is here in October. I have been watching tickets and they're way too high right now. I always buy last minute and usually get a steal and once in a while settle for crappy but very cheap nosebleeds

Still, waiting a few hours before the concert on StubHub, etc you get aaaaamazing finds.  I sent my sister to see Timberlake and made her wIt until 30 minutes before the show. She paid 1/3 what she would have paid for face, and 1/4 a week before.  

On 5/20/2018 at 10:21 PM, The Poojer said:

How'd you like Brandi?  I had goosebumps during a few of her songs.  She's amazing

My third time seeing her. Ithaca State Theater is a great venue and we were very close to the stage. There were so many lesbians, I thought I was at a Subaru dealership.  She did almost the entire new album, which I did not take to when I got it. But after hearing it live - wow.  She should only do live albums. Waaay better than in studio. The songs really take life on stage. The string section added so much to the songs as well. She and Isbell together should be memorable. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

My third time seeing her. Ithaca State Theater is a great venue and we were very close to the stage. There were so many lesbians, I thought I was at a Subaru dealership.  She did almost the entire new album, which I did not take to when I got it. But after hearing it live - wow.  She should only do live albums. Waaay better than in studio. The songs really take life on stage. The string section added so much to the songs as well. She and Isbell together should be memorable. 

Jason Isbell is another outstanding performance.  Glad he was able to clean up his act, but damn, could you imagine DBT's if he was still with them?  What a potentially historic band they could have been

I'm contemplating Jason Aldean on August 10 at Darien Lake.  Not so much for the concert as the scrap afterwards.  Have to support the Genesee County police agencies and courts with various fines and surcharges.  I'm sure there will be a few other music genres represented before the end of the season.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Saw Courtney Barnett last week, she is such a dynamic performer....in my opinion, one of the best things to happen to music in a very long time...she is like today's version of Lou Reed and Patty Smith, great songwriting skills, similar vocal stylings, I've been a big fan of hers for a few years...her wife Jen Cloher is putting out some equally great music as well

15 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Very few touring things this summer I will be seeing...though I saw Emmylou Harris this past weekend (amazing) and the fall will include Courtney Barnett, Liz Phair and Paul McCartney...

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Saw Courtney Barnett last week, she is such a dynamic performer....in my opinion, one of the best things to happen to music in a very long time...she is like today's version of Lou Reed and Patty Smith, great songwriting skills, similar vocal stylings, I've been a big fan of hers for a few years...her wife Jen Cloher is putting out some equally great music as well

I have been a big fan too, since that first record came out...somehow though, via a series of calamities, I have missed her all the  times she has been in town, over the years...once to a cancellation of the show, then being out of town when it was rescheduled....another time due to a death in the family, and then just last week, when the show was announced (at a really small club), it was announced as "sold out".  I tried through Craiglist to buy a ticket, but they were just too much.  She is coming back in the fall, at a bigger venue...can't wait. I've only seen her "live" on Austin City Limits.  Agreed, definitely one of my favorite new artists over the last decade...love the new record too!

• Like (+1) 1

Already saw:

Judas Priest

Jinjer/Cradle of Filth

Springsteen on Broadway (one of these things is not like the others....)

June:

Slayer/Lamb of God/Anthrax/Testament/Behemoth - leg 1 of tour

July:

Slayer/Lamb of God/Anthrax/Testament/Napalm Death - leg 2 of tour

October:

Metallica in Buffalo 19/27 with follow-up MNF game 10/29 vs. NE - I have tickets to both so I'm hoping to plan a cool road tip 

• 3 weeks later...

Fiance just bought be tickets for the Outlaw Music Festival tour. Willie Nelson headliner. Sturgil Simpson. (Look him up, sounds like he came right out of the 70s.) And a bunch of other unknown country artists. Looked up the lineup. I thought good country was dead. It isn't. It's just not on the radio anywhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.