Josh Allen red zone stats

Everything is so compressed down there. I think the difference for Allen is that his arm strength and his confidence in said arm allow him to zing it into tight windows at high velocity in ways that other QBs simply cannot.

Let's hope this carries over to the pros.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WyoNewt said:

I'm wondering if anyone has any additional information about the stats, such as what constitutes a "positively graded red zone attempt."

Thanks.

I believe it's just PFF's analysis on whether or not the right decision was made and if the play was then executed correctly (a good throw), regardless of the outcome on the receiving end.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wyoming never failed to score in the red zone all year except for one time against New Mexico. They had a 40 point lead and Allen was sitting. The backup got them in the red zone and Wyoming was trying to run the clock out without scoring. They ended up giving it up on downs. If not for that Wyoming would have been perfect in the red zone as far as scoring. Bohl is a classy coach and didn't run the score up even though New Mexico ran the score up on Wyoming the year before.

• Like (+1) 6

Also he is a run threat inside the redzone. It's one of the main reasons he reminded me of Cam Newton. 

56 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

So, it only took five or so months of QB draft talk to finally pick an area Allen came in 1st with.

This was well known by most people I believe. 

This is a great stat to do well in...

...so, is it an outlier, or is that 56% the outlier?

Definitely speaks to good decision making. We know he has the arm. Release time is already elite. Looks like Josh's pro career is going to hinge on his ability to get significantly better with his footwork -and make it second nature.

If he can be great on 3rd down and red zone offence he is going to win a lot of games as a rookie. Those were the two areas Big Ben excelled his rookie season.

Red zone was probably a big reason Rosen fell in the draft. That is a red flag for sure. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

So, it only took five or so months of QB draft talk to finally pick an area Allen came in 1st with.

If it is good news, bury it. If it is negative, exploit it. And there you have it. Haters gonna hate.

Edited by BB@Shooter
Political
  • Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

I compare it to the media and Trump syndrome. If it is good news, bury it. If it is negative, exploit it. And there you have it. Haters gonna hate.

Ugh.  No politics on our beloved board. I believe Trump is an idiot.  Others will disagree, then it degenerates!

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, billspro said:

If he can be great on 3rd down and red zone offence he is going to win a lot of games as a rookie. Those were the two areas Big Ben excelled his rookie season.

Red zone was probably a big reason Rosen fell in the draft. That is a red flag for sure. 

When I read this and coupled it with the info about Rosen being someone who likes to question things, I thought that split second in the red zone could be costly. 

2 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Ugh.  No politics on our beloved board. I believe Trump is an idiot.  Others will disagree, then it degenerates!

And yet ten pages of speculation regarding Sean McDermott's "faith, family, football" mantra was allowed before the conversation was shut down.  I was going to warn BB@Shooter that someone was bound to object to such an analogy, but you have anticipated it.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He’s been 1st in arm strength since day one.  But make things up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1