Josh Allen. Let's get real people!

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Heard the same about EJ.  I'm rooting for the kid (obviously), but I still would have preferred Rosen.

Yep.

Although I think Rosen's injury history scared them more than anything.

Can't play QB from the IR list.

(Can't play it from the bench either after throwing a billion ints, so I mean they all had pitfalls)

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Can any of these real people we are getting play wide receiver? 

Probably not.

Our front office would need to actually scout some WRs (instead of DBs and other defensive positions) to actually know what one looked like.

19 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Thanks for keeping it real, man. I'm very concerned about it. Instead of getting excited about finally having a great prospect in a Bills uniform after 30 years, I think it's a perfect time to piss all over that, and worry about the Wide Receiver situation. 

It doesn't matter how good the QB prospect,or how well he throws the ball, is if he has nobody to catch the balls he's throwing.

Josh Allen is not in a position to succeed early on with a lack of experienced QB coaches/mentors on the team, a lack of a good offensive line, and a lack of experienced and talented veteran WRs.

His situation is the equivalent of souping up the engine on an old economy car to 400hp,  but never building up the brakes, tires, suspension, steering, or chassis.

He needs better stuff around him before I'm going to get too excited.

That doesn't mean anybody is pissing all over him.

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

What's a prototypical QB? 

For about 20 years in Buffalo that would be a guy nobody else was really interested in picking as high as the Bills did or some backup that was supposed to be a hidden diamond in the rough.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Thanks for keeping it real, man. I'm very concerned about it. Instead of getting excited about finally having a great prospect in a Bills uniform after 30 years, I think it's a perfect time to piss all over that, and worry about the Wide Receiver situation. 

There are plenty of serious threads in which to discuss Josh Allen. This is not one. 

• Like (+1) 2

There's somethin' I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl magazine , and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread, man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff...I was totally nude...it was weird. I mean, you probably didn't hear about it 'cause I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow...that I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

47 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yep.

Although I think Rosen's injury history scared them more than anything.

Can't play QB from the IR list.

(Can't play it from the bench either after throwing a billion ints, so I mean they all had pitfalls)

Probably not.

Our front office would need to actually scout some WRs (instead of DBs and other defensive positions) to actually know what one looked like.

It doesn't matter how good the QB prospect,or how well he throws the ball, is if he has nobody to catch the balls he's throwing.

Josh Allen is not in a position to succeed early on with a lack of experienced QB coaches/mentors on the team, a lack of a good offensive line, and a lack of experienced and talented veteran WRs.

His situation is the equivalent of souping up the engine on an old economy car to 400hp,  but never building up the brakes, tires, suspension, steering, or chassis.

He needs better stuff around him before I'm going to get too excited.

That doesn't mean anybody is pissing all over him.

Seriously?

56 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

There's somethin' I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl magazine , and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread, man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff...I was totally nude...it was weird. I mean, you probably didn't hear about it 'cause I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow...that I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Dear tiny little newborn infant Jesus, please help me clear the mental image of SBF2206 as Mike Honcho spreading his buttcheeks in Playgirl from my mind without having to resort to peyote. 

• Like (+1) 3

Agree with OP - nothing but upside with Allen.  I think more than a few teams will be kicking themselves a year or two from now that they didn't make a run for Allen.  Time will tell, of course.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It's more of a supposition than a fact based standard. 

Are Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger or Eli Manning prototypical QB's ?

If it means leading their team to championship games and Super Bowls, than yes, they're prototypical QB's.

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There are plenty of serious threads in which to discuss Josh Allen. This is not one. 

Thank you all knowing God of what, when and where to post! :)

40 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Looks good to me. Can’t remember the last time the bills drafted a QB that was projected to

go 1st overall in plenty of mocks. 

I just wanted one of the big 4 guys. I’m happy. 

Exactly.

At some point, probably around training camp the kool aid kicks in. Thats when I get into my fan mode. At that point I'm a fan of anything and everything the team does. 

Then I try to save any dissapointment or criticism until my team is not contenders for the division or wildcard spot. I can actually feel the Kool aid kicking in now and I'm all in. 

Edited by Lfod

4 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Awesome 

• Like (+1) 1