Josh Allen. Let's get real people!

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Crazy to me this is how Tim hortons is viewed now. The chain has gone to complete crap and you are not the only one to notice. I remember when they first came around they were viewed as a great establishment. 

The Tim Hortons they opened near me didn't last long. It's an empty building now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

The Tim Hortons they opened near me didn't last long. It's an empty building now. 

Don't get me started on Timmy Ho's.  It's been a constant source of aggravation the past few months. Can't get anything right. I'm about done with them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Crazy to me this is how Tim hortons is viewed now. The chain has gone to complete crap and you are not the only one to notice. I remember when they first came around they were viewed as a great establishment. 

They did some something different with their chocolate on their donuts....it falls off when you are eating them.  

5 hours ago, Lfod said:

3 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Don't get me started on Timmy Ho's.  It's been a constant source of aggravation the past few months. Can't get anything right. I'm about done with them.

It used to be good until they sold to Burger King !

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/19/2018 at 9:57 AM, QBorBust2018 said:

Looks good to me. Can’t remember the last time the bills drafted a QB that was projected to

go 1st overall in plenty of mocks. 

I just wanted one of the big 4 guys. I’m happy. 

I'm pleased for you.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:34 PM, Returntoglory said:

Losman was the product of the Bills having to first round picks ( Sound familiar?) and by the time Buffalo got to their 2nd pick(22nd) all the QB gold had been mined. Manning, Rivers and Big Ben we're long gone. Losman was  a true project pick by everyones oppinion. The Bills had that extra pick so what the hell.  

The 2013 NFL draft will go down as the worst ever for QB's. EJ was the first QB selected and it was at #16! He was a wasted first round pick and that and that alone should have gotten our GM fired!

Josh Allen was a consensus top 5 pick, often compared to big Ben.From a leading scout "Allen has amazing physical tools that is close to the prototype of how any evaluator would draw up their ideal quarterback. He has a powerful right arm that can get the ball to any spot on the field. His cannon is able to push the ball vertically and stretch defenses downfield. In tight windows, Allen can fire a fastball that explodes out of his hand and cuts through a defense. He has a quick release and throws a tight spiral. His arm talent is legit. "

I get it. There are questions and concerns. Should Rosen also be under the microscope due to his draft position ?

This kids arm is going to convince many of you. Now let's get him some receivers! 

Then obviously I wasn't referring to you ;)

What, exactly, does Josh Rosen have to do with the fact that Josh Allen is the least accomplished of the top four QB prospects in the 2018 draft?  Rosen's success or failure is irrelevant to Allen's success or failure.   Each one will stand or fall on his own.

The OP implied that Allen is a superior prospect to any other QB prospect that the Bills have had since Jim Kelly, and that's just not true however much "true believers" try to spin it, and that's especially true of Losman.  Allen is another project just like Losman and Manuel.  Too many pro evaluators fall in love with physical traits while glossing over all the prospect's faults, especially when they involve intangibles like decision making or reading defenses.

Allen could be turn out to be great, but declaring him so just because he was drafted in the top ten is simply silly.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Returntoglory said:

We have the prototypical QB that we have been begging for since the retirement of Jim Kelly! HUGE arm, BIG body, and INTELLIGENT! Give this kid some Solid mentoring and a little time and we won't regret this pick.  Now get behind our young QB and show him the support that BILLS fans are famous for! 

Some demographics been looking for this  inaccurate joke. Sorry but  I don't get behind racists. I am going to enjoy watching  the opposing  defenses teach him a lesson on what he can and can not say in public. Why do you think Jaylen is trolling the racist pup, Jaylen's  demographic has  now declared  open season that no coach , ref can control...but hay he did well on his wonderlic so he will learn the lesson quickly....He should have save the racist stuff for the back yard , boardroom where it can be hid a little......      

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:23 AM, SoTier said:

What, exactly, does Josh Rosen have to do with the fact that Josh Allen is the least accomplished of the top four QB prospects in the 2018 draft?  Rosen's success or failure is irrelevant to Allen's success or failure.   Each one will stand or fall on his own.

The OP implied that Allen is a superior prospect to any other QB prospect that the Bills have had since Jim Kelly, and that's just not true however much "true believers" try to spin it, and that's especially true of Losman.  Allen is another project just like Losman and Manuel.  Too many pro evaluators fall in love with physical traits while glossing over all the prospect's faults, especially when they involve intangibles like decision making or reading defenses.

Allen could be turn out to be great, but declaring him so just because he was drafted in the top ten is simply silly.

Poppycock, delivered with pomposity.

JP was NOT as highly regarded as Josh Allen, coming into the draft. And no one is "declaring him to be great just because he was drafted in the top ten".

The Bills passed on JP until the 22nd pick, where he was just the leftover QB. Allen's measurables are virtually all superior to Losman's, and despite that you may feel "too many pro evaluators fall in love with physical traits", those traits do in fact enter the equation when ranking a player as a prospect (and were a big reason why Losman was ranked where he was too, no?)

Every draft is different, but it's been pretty convincingly argued that some other teams had Allen ranked as the 1st or 2nd QB in this draft. JP never had that, he was considered a drop in talent after Roethlisberger.

The OP noted that Allen is the best prospect the Bills have drafted since Kelly, and it's TRUE. 

Edited by OJABBA
  • Like (+1) 2

On 5/19/2018 at 3:45 AM, Doc Brown said:

Heard the same about EJ.  I'm rooting for the kid (obviously), but I still would have preferred Rosen.

Time to move on you know you can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you might find....

9 hours ago, OJABBA said:

The OP noted that Allen is the best prospect the Bills have drafted since Kelly, and it's TRUE. 

Almost certainly true - but then our 1st round QBs since Kelly are limited to JP and EJ.... it isn't all that high of a bar.  

4 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Real people are so much better than cartoons or robots.

I disagree

IMHO humaity would be a great species if we can just get rid of the people

Edited by ddaryl

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Almost certainly true - but then our 1st round QBs since Kelly are limited to JP and EJ.... it isn't all that high of a bar.  

Fine.

I just want to make clear that he is indeed, the highest regarded QB that the Bills have drafted since Kelly.

• Like (+1) 1