??Poyer/Hyde both top 5 coverage grade for S ??

19 hours ago, Augie said:

No front office gets them ALL right, but I love our guys so far! 

The guy who signed them no longer works for the team lol so it's like a nice send off gift from Whaley.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Whaley got em??

Both were signed when he was still GM. To his credit, he was an amazing pro scout, he just couldn't draft for ****. It probably didn't help that we changed schemes every other year.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Both were signed when he was still GM. To his credit, he was an amazing pro scout, he just couldn't draft for ****. It probably didn't help that we changed schemes every other year.

Who drafted last year. Starting to think Whaley and McD would be the dream team

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Who drafted last year. Starting to think Whaley and McD would be the dream team

Well, his 2015 and 2016 classes had a lot of good players. We just happened to give away a bunch of them.

Yes there were good things Whaley did but it is hard to demote someone in NFL from top job. Since scouts were also fired it is clear that McD's strategy is to tear down and then rebuild rather than evaluate and replace what is needed which makes keeping Crossman so much more surprising. Note: he has no issue with throwing away (wasting money) staff he hired either.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I thought Star had a name as a run stuffer and a guy who could "keep the LB clean", not a pass rusher

you are correct. but i feel he will be the lynchpin for the pass rushers, and LBs etc to become a better overall defense. If he plays up to his ability. I think he will.

7 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Im ecstatic about our secondary in general. 

Poyer and Hyde are smack in the middle of their prime at 27yrs old. T White was amazing as a rookie. And V Davis has something to prove. Our secondary is easily the strongest unit on our team. 

As for the pass rush i dont see how people are expecting much better results this yr. The bright side is that it at least cant get much worse so there is that to look forward to. Lol.

We’ll probably rank in bottom ten in sacks again unless Hughes has a resurgance and Shaq somehow figures things out. 

Our run D should be amazing this yr though. 

I'll take it !

38 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Nice. Gotta include Tre in the mix too preferably.

the whole gang !

1 hour ago, jr1 said:

makes the Byrd firing look worse

I'm on the record for saying we needed him back. Our secondary was scary unproven at the time.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah I'll just say that's a good name for the secondary in general

We'll need another good season to legitimize this, but totally on board. "The deep trouble process"

What's the sports term for the process being complete? that's what I want, make it sound like it's a work in progress and I want to make it sound like they've already arrived before the process began.

The deep pick payoff

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

Deep trouble is simple tho, might have to stick with that for now, but if these guys keep up the turnovers. I'd like to add that in.

"the danger zone"

"The guys that will ensure Gronk's early retirement" lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Deep trouble is simple tho, might have to stick with that for now, but if these guys keep up the turnovers. I'd like to add that in.

"the danger zone"

"The guys that will ensure Gronk's early retirement" lol

There is no “early” retirement for Gronk... he is a seasoned veteran and has already contemplated retirement 

hes way closer to the end than the beginning 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There is no “early” retirement for Gronk... he is a seasoned veteran and has already contemplated retirement 

hes way closer to the end than the beginning 

1. that was in jest, that our secondary is going to wish he retired after cheapshotting Tre.

2. he's 29 in his prime, ready to smash every TE record in the book. if that's not the definition of early retirement I don't know what is. How is he closer to the end? he just had one of his best seasons.

Brett Favre contemplated retirement at 37-40 otherwise known as seasoned. Tony G contemplated retirement at 38. Seasoned. Gronk's not early retirement. Idc when you "contemplate retirement". heck I'm contemplating a desk job retirement at 29, but I guess that's not early since I'm as seasoned as gronk.

Bruh Patrick Willis was considered early retirement at 32 or 33 and he's a friggin linebacker. #lawyered.

22 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

1. that was in jest, that our secondary is going to wish he retired after cheapshotting Tre.

2. he's 29 in his prime, ready to smash every TE record in the book. if that's not the definition of early retirement I don't know what is. How is he closer to the end? he just had one of his best seasons.

Brett Favre contemplated retirement at 37-40 otherwise known as seasoned. Tony G contemplated retirement at 38. Seasoned. Gronk's not early retirement. Idc when you "contemplate retirement". heck I'm contemplating a desk job retirement at 29, but I guess that's not early since I'm as seasoned as gronk.

Bruh Patrick Willis was considered early retirement at 32 or 33 and he's a friggin linebacker. #lawyered.

He has had multiple back surgery’s and a lot of injuries ... it wouldn’t be an early retirement 

Im willing to bet he doesn’t play 5 more years... he is beat up

He is a beast that doesn’t mean he isn’t beat up bad

and who says bruh or # anything lmao this isn’t twitter. I read your statement , it’s not a contest

Edited by Buffalo716

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He has had multiple back surgery’s and a lot of injuries ... it wouldn’t be an early retirement 

Im willing to bet he doesn’t play 5 more years... he is beat up

He is a beast that doesn’t mean he isn’t beat up bad

and who says bruh or # anything lmao this isn’t twitter. I read your statement , it’s not a contest

young people do. I'm sensing hostility. I say it's not an early retirement, you disagree. A lot of other players have played through these issues past 29. I lay the hashtag when you get lawyered, until you provide me precedent, you've lost to the judge. You did not counter any points. You just talked about bruh and hashtags.

And you're a gronk sympathizer. Not cool. Hope he gets beat up even more, cause Tre White sure doesn't like getting beat up in the head in between plays.

13 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

young people do. I'm sensing hostility. I say it's not an early retirement, you disagree. A lot of other players have played through these issues past 29. I lay the hashtag when you get lawyered, until you provide me precedent, you've lost to the judge. You did not counter any points. You just talked about bruh and hashtags.

And you're a gronk sympathizer. Not cool. Hope he gets beat up even more, cause Tre White sure doesn't like getting beat up in the head in between plays.

I don’t know where you are sensing hostility. You are calling yourself the judge and that’s what I question lol your hashtag

and idk where you get Gronk sympathizer  he’s a scumbag

# lawyered 

do I win

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don’t know where you are sensing hostility. You are calling yourself the judge and that’s what I question lol

and idk where you get Gronk sympathizer lol he’s a scumbag

# lawyered 

do I win

mostly your dislike of of the word bruh and hashtags. Anyways in a court if you don't counter any points, (Tony G, B Favre, Patrick Willis) you lost to the judge.

So I didn't see any counterpoints raised to disagree with Gronk's early retirement. So don't see the lawyer move. #lawyered bruh. (light hearted trolling) 

Agreed Gronk sucks. So I won't give him early retirement, I'll call him a quitter.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

mostly your dislike of of the word bruh and hashtags. Anyways in a court if you don't counter any points, (Tony G, B Favre, Patrick Willis) you lost to the judge.

Agreed Gronk sucks. So I won't give him early retirement, I'll call him a quitter.

I don’t need to counter your point because every player is different 

some want to play 15 years some don’t.

Barry Sanders left with a lot left and I believe  Gronk will...

thats my opinion 

some like Favre can’t walk away

Edited by Buffalo716