Mayfield vs Allen (madden simulation)

That looks pretty awesome...is that last years version with updated players or the new version coming out?  It still irritates me to no end that teams always have all 3 timeouts going into the last few minutes of a half, when that rarely happens in the NFL anymore...how hard would it be to force teams to burn a timeout or have your "coach" call a TO if you were the player, or have the QB not get the signal, etc...easy level of realism that could be added that they choose not to...

Madden's Rookie ratings are stupid

They have "Superstar potential" as a 0-100 number

The #1 pick always gets 99, and it goes down from there (so Allen is a 97 for example)

Their rookie ratings are almost always based solely on draft position also, so a talented guy like Edmunds or minkah Fitz who slide a couple spots due to "position premium" with a team reaching for a QB, de, wr for example wind up being lower rated than they should.

15 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Madden's Rookie ratings are stupid

They have "Superstar potential" as a 0-100 number

The #1 pick always gets 99, and it goes down from there (so Allen is a 97 for example)

Their rookie ratings are almost always based solely on draft position also, so a talented guy like Edmunds or minkah Fitz who slide a couple spots due to "position premium" with a team reaching for a QB, de, wr for example wind up being lower rated than they should.

This isn't true unless you're playing Madden mobile or something.

For Madden 2018, Garret was 83 overall, Trubisky was 77, OJ Howard (picked 19th) was the second highest rated rookie at 82.

While I agree Madden ratings generally aren't great, they've gotten better in recent years. Far fewer players rated 99. 

Edited by elroy16

3 hours ago, BrotherChazz said:

Do people actually watch hour long madden videos?

Apparently, because I did. And I even forwarded it to fellow Bills fans who I consider friends and to whom I wish no specific harm. I might be a sociopath.

Unrealistic:

- At one point, Lorenzo Alexander and Sean McDermott literally disappear on the sideline

- Tre' White walks THROUGH a defender at one point

- Nick O'Leary catches a pass and the announcers fail to mention his grandfather is Jack Nicklaus

Realistic:

- The announcers mention players on other teams more often than either the Bills or Browns

- The announcers' patter is inane

- Hyde and White are everywhere

- The spirit of a Bills-Browns football match. This is practically unwatchable (and yet i just spent an hour of my life during daytime on a weekday) with so many ridiculous and frustrating moments for each team. The high point may be when the Bills have the ball 4th & 1 near the goal line, get called for a false start, go for it and catch a break when the Browns are called for encroachment, then proceed to commit another false start.

Edited by thurst44
forgot to finish a thought. also, put one of the bullet points in wrong part. in fairness, i did just watch a fake bills-browns game of my own volition, and didn't have a sip of beer, so clearly am not thinking straight.
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You can download any roster on the game. People have made their own and added first round picks to a roster.  Each person who  created their roster have given different ratings to different players.  I wonder what selection this is.

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

I don’t like Tre White as KR

Zay setting it off with a nice first down 

I think we’ll see a different Zay this year as he had a hurt wrist all last year.  The leading person in all of college in receptions will come back.  He’s young enough that he would be excellent on punt returns.

2 hours ago, thurst44 said:

Apparently, because I did. And I even forwarded it to fellow Bills fans who I consider friends and to whom I wish no specific harm. I might be a sociopath.

Unrealistic:

- At one point, Lorenzo Alexander and Sean McDermott literally disappear on the sideline

- Tre' White walks THROUGH a defender at one point

- Nick O'Leary catches a pass and the announcers fail to mention his grandfather is Jack Nicklaus

Realistic:

- The announcers mention players on other teams more often than either the Bills or Browns

- The announcers' patter is inane

- Hyde and White are everywhere

- The spirit of a Bills-Browns football match. This is practically unwatchable (and yet i just spent an hour of my life during daytime on a weekday) with so many ridiculous and frustrating moments for each team. The high point may be when the Bills have the ball 4th & 1 near the goal line, get called for a false start, go for it and catch a break when the Browns are called for encroachment, then proceed to commit another false start.

I'm sorry for the pain I caused.  I watched it as well,. Even did some rewinding to watch the plays again.

I kinda hate myself right now but was a slow work day so not so much.

4 hours ago, elroy16 said:

This isn't true unless you're playing Madden mobile or something.

For Madden 2018, Garret was 83 overall, Trubisky was 77, OJ Howard (picked 19th) was the second highest rated rookie at 82.

While I agree Madden ratings generally aren't great, they've gotten better in recent years. Far fewer players rated 99. 

I was referring to the rookie class they just uploaded for 2018 draft

My bad

Surprising to see Josh wearing #7.  I would have expected either 17 or 56.

Anyway, it was great to get an early look at the new offense.  Lots of 2 TE sets, I like it.  And the OLine looked terrific, no worries there.

I found this one.  A bit more accurate ?

14ff40fa-4299-4569-b2de-1905612f5550_Thu

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Can't get past the #7, hulking frame and linebacker facemask.

Fail, whoever made this.

LOL, what do you think of this one?  Less hulking and more accurate facemask.

40017cc2-7e73-4b0a-9b90-dca571ed9379_Thumbnail.PNG

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I was referring to the rookie class they just uploaded for 2018 draft

My bad

No worries. Must be the ultimate team cards or whatever, I don't play enough to know all the details. 

My fault 

19 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

LOL, what do you think of this one?  Less hulking and more accurate facemask.

40017cc2-7e73-4b0a-9b90-dca571ed9379_Thumbnail.PNG

The right hand looks correct, but the left hand looks like they took it from a kicker.

17 minutes ago, WyoNewt said:

The right hand looks correct, but the left hand looks like they took it from a kicker.

Maybe have Justice check out his throwing motion and get his input. Or maybe he will just pop in anyway.

39 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

No worries. Must be the ultimate team cards or whatever, I don't play enough to know all the details. 

My fault 

Nah it's the new upload, they did a patch for this year's draft, as always.

I didn't specify.

:)