Another school shooting - Texas

11 hours ago, sherpa said:

Nothing is free, but I doubt there would be any serious  taxpayer objection, and if there was, I'd I'd be the first to donate to a dog training fund to enable our schools to have access to such a deterrent.   

Alternatively, we can do noting, and continue to mourn these events a few times per year, with no sign of letting up, while our extremely expensive "resource officers" who are clearly not a deterrent, do their thing after bullets are fired and lives lost.

I think this makes for a great solution. Airports have been doing a great job getting dogs involved to expedite movement of lines to the extent that it even eliminates the whole "remove your shoes and belt" deterrent.

One of the problems, however, is a large number of the people in charge of making rules -- local, state, federal -- are more interested in their own agenda than one that brings common sense safety efforts to the schools. This is a gun issue to them, not a person issue.

Perhaps the way to get these politicians on board is to compromise with something they have no problem with: Members of the Black Panthers holding clubs outside the school and threatening the kids.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:
Texas school shooter killed girl who turned down his advances and embarrassed him in class, her mother says
Los Angeles Times, by MOLLY HENNESSY-FISKE*

Original Article

But, but........................"Iron Cross"?

All Hail the Narrative.

Sounds like catharsis for that kid.

14 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Sounds like catharsis for that kid.

that wasn't the wisest way to deal with this

not that we could be accused of judging

Just now, row_33 said:

that wasn't the wisest way to deal with this

not that we could be accused of judging

When they article states the kid is yelling "Woo Hoo!" as he guns people down, yeah I think it's safe to say he had some cooped up anger.

16 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

When they article states the kid is yelling "Woo Hoo!" as he guns people down, yeah I think it's safe to say he had some cooped up anger.

no cold showers in that part of the world?

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

It's texas. Pretty much third world.

:P

and houston is one of the fattest cities in the world, too.  i have to wonder if this kid simply moved to a more tolerant new england state or a more physically fit california town maybe he would not have had to deal with such fascism and hatred.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The problem is GUNS you twats.

Well, he also had bombs/explosive devices and reportedly a knife.  So, I guess the problem is guns, knives, and bombs.  Are there any other problems that may have led to such a tragic event that you can think of???

1 hour ago, phypon said:

Well, he also had bombs/explosive devices and reportedly a knife.  So, I guess the problem is guns, knives, and bombs.  Are there any other problems that may have led to such a tragic event that you can think of???

Clearly if he didn't have access to transportation, he wouldn't have been able to take his guns, knives, bombs to the school. In fact, if there were no public schools, there would have been no students to kill.

I blame public education. BAN EDUCATION!

• Like (+1) 1