PFF's top 25 NFL players under 25 for 2018 - Tre' White Tied for Sixth

PFF's top 25 NFL players under 25 for 2018 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

White was ‘Part A’ of the two-part series known as ‘rookie corners to light the world on fire’ last season. The 2017 cornerback class as a whole is likely to be the gift that keeps on giving and as of right now, White is bringing home most of the early returns. His 92.0 overall grade as a rookie landed him at second among all cornerbacks. A coverage phenom, White forced incomplete passes on 24.1 percent of targets into his coverage, the sixth-highest rate among cornerbacks that played at least 400 snaps in coverage. He also only allowed a touchdown or a first down on just 26.4 percent of targets, the seventh-lowest rate. In total, he narrowly edge his counterpart for PFF’s Rookie of the Year honors, following the season.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Would you rather have Watson or Allen right now?

That trade will be judged on the QB's. Tre is really good though.

the draft is a total crap shoot as it is

I look at the draft in a holistic view.....I dont know what Allen is going to be...but I dont think we get Edmunds if we dont make that trade

and then you factor in a player like Tre White...yes I can live with the way this went down.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

the draft is a total crap shoot as it is

I look at the draft in a holistic view.....I dont know what Allen is going to be...but I dont think we get Edmunds if we dont make that trade

and then you factor in a player like Tre White...yes I can live with the way this went down.

We would have our original first rounder in 2018, so we could absolutely have gotten Edmunds.

I would trade Allen and Tre for Watson right now and never look back, but that's just me.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jmc12290 said:

We would have our original first rounder in 2018, so we could absolutely have gotten Edmunds.

I would trade Allen and Tre for Watson right now and never look back, but that's just me.

Thats fine...we dont look at it the same.

If Allen hits then you will feel differently about it

Something else to consider.....David Carr looked great that first year as well.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I thought last year's trade down was a brilliant move especially when it netted us Tre

......and somebody posted on TBD about the idea of trading him to move up in the 2018 draft.....hmmm.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Thats fine...we dont look at it the same.

If Allen hits then you will feel differently about it

Something else to consider.....David Carr looked great that first year as well.

David Carr threw 9 TD's to 15 INT's, 162 YPG, with a 62.8 passer rating and an outrageous 76!!!!! sacks taken his first year.  Not sure what you're referencing.

I think everyone realizes there are QB's who have success right out of the gate and then flame out, but there are way MORE QB's who suck out of the gate and always suck.  If Allen does what Watson did in 2017, NO ONE will say "yeah but RG3 and Vince Young and and and...."  He will absolutely given the benefit of the doubt, which is what he would deserve.

And yes, if Allen hits, it all changes and I will have been wrong.  But give me Watson's chances of being franchise over Allen's chances today.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

PFF's top 25 NFL players under 25 for 2018 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

White was ‘Part A’ of the two-part series known as ‘rookie corners to light the world on fire’ last season. The 2017 cornerback class as a whole is likely to be the gift that keeps on giving and as of right now, White is bringing home most of the early returns. His 92.0 overall grade as a rookie landed him at second among all cornerbacks. A coverage phenom, White forced incomplete passes on 24.1 percent of targets into his coverage, the sixth-highest rate among cornerbacks that played at least 400 snaps in coverage. He also only allowed a touchdown or a first down on just 26.4 percent of targets, the seventh-lowest rate. In total, he narrowly edge his counterpart for PFF’s Rookie of the Year honors, following the season.

Have I mentioned yet that I was the only one on TSW who had White as the best CB in the class??

Lattimore is more gifted but White was more consistent in college and Lattimore is probably always going to be that guy who is nagged by injuries.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Have I mentioned yet that I was the only one on TSW who had White as the best CB in the class??

Lattimore is more gifted but White was more consistent in college and Lattimore is probably always going to be that guy who is nagged by injuries.

Well I for one am glad you were right!

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good call on the White pick, but I hope the bolded doesn't turn out like your Watkins versus OBJ and his chronic hamstring injury take.

3 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Would you rather have Watson or Allen right now?

That trade will be judged on the QB's. Tre is really good though.

Watson was the only QB I wanted last year, and Allen was the one of the Big 4 I didn't want. That being said, I would not be able to answer this one, and would probably prefer to have a potential top QB and a potential top CB than just the potential top QB (even if that QB has shown something in the NFL already--but even with his spectacular start, it's still only six starts, and a .500 record over those with a team with a ton of talent on paper). However, hindsight is 20/20 and we won't have that for a few years.