Harrison Phillips Senior Stats vs Suh

1 hour ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Was just looking over college DT stats; Phillips compares well with Suh, identical height and weight,  Phillips had a few more total tackles and Suh had 3 more sacks and 7 more tackles for a loss, but stats are pretty close. 

What am I missing, did Suh face tougher competition? The small differential in numbers may be far greater than I am giving credit for, but I would have though Phillips would have been touted higher.

Easy. Suh was a once-in-every-generation talent out of college --- Phillips wasn't.

With that said, the Phillips pick is huge because it sets the Bills up with an anchor in the d-line for years to come when it appeared that the Star Lotulei signing would serve somewhat as insurance after K. Williams retired.

Phillips I thought would go in the 2nd rd for sure, but I also believed he could be drafted late 1st rd.

Phillips still being around by the time the Bills picked again in the 3rd. rd is probably the biggest "gift" of all the Bills picks. However, if you have a hard time remembering why Suh was thought of so highly, just look at his Combine numbers.

3 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Was just looking over college DT stats; Phillips compares well with Suh, identical height and weight,  Phillips had a few more total tackles and Suh had 3 more sacks and 7 more tackles for a loss, but stats are pretty close. 

What am I missing, did Suh face tougher competition? The small differential in numbers may be far greater than I am giving credit for, but I would have though Phillips would have been touted higher.

Suh  was a man amongst boys, whereas Phillips wasn't as dominating . That said I think Phillips will be as good as Suh in the pros.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

This guy was picked at 96...

He is a freaking steal...

Adolphus Washington was picked in the 80's by comparison...

Is he still on the team?

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Suh  was a man amongst boys, whereas Phillips wasn't as dominating . That said I think Phillips will be as good as Suh in the pros.

Is he still on the team?

Unfortunately

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

17 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Harrison is Catfish Cooley.....Patent Date: 5-17-18

Phillips.jpg

I never heard of Catfish Cooley before, but I like that dude. He described my life damn near to a T. He has a great message and I guess I needed to hear it today. 

BIG EDIT: I looked up Catfish Cooleys other YouTube's and the first one is of him drinking a quart of vinegar then snorting hot sauce and pouring hot sauce in his eyes. Just to prove that since he quit drinking he is not a little weenie. 

HAHAHA. from an actual inspirational self help video to jackass. The intenet is a helluva drug.

Oh boy.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

2 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I never heard of Catfish Cooley before, but I like that dude. He described my life damn near to a T. He has a great message and I guess I needed to hear it today. 

BIG EDIT: I looked up Catfish Cooleys other YouTube's and the first one is of him drinking a quart of vinegar then snorting hot sauce and pouring hot sauce in his eyes. Just to prove that since he quit drinking he is not a little weenie. 

HAHAHA. from an actual inspirational self help video to jackass. The intenet is a helluva drug.

Oh boy.

The guy cracks me up, Phillips looks a lot like him, but speaks English a good bit better lol

On 5/18/2018 at 11:29 AM, JESSEFEFFER said:

I would be curious about the number of snaps each played.  That may tell the story.  

I'm not sure about Suh but Phillips played somewhere around 90% of the defensive snaps for Stanford last season, which is a lot for a DL. He said he would have to pick and choose some plays where he wouldn't go all out in order to preserve some energy. As part of a consistent rotation, he has a chance to standout early in his career. Especially as he learns from a guy like 95. And a lot of his flaws can be corrected with coaching. 

I also thought it was funny to see that bit from a scouting report on Kyle, saying he's not much of an athlete, haha. It's funny because plenty of coaches and teammates have said Kyle is one of the best natural athletes they've been around. He's what they call a "big body athlete." He has an explosive first step, he's strong as hell and just as smart. I hear he's also a ridiculously good golfer. 

On 5/17/2018 at 11:51 PM, Buffalo30 said:

The tape says it all.  Suh was physically dominant in college and had an explosion that Phillips simply doesn't have.  Phillips gets the job done but lacks the explosion.  That's why a lot of his tackles are past the line of scrimmage, not behind it like Suh's.  

Nailed it.

Suh was dominant in the NFL at first too, until his work ethic, poor attitude, and lack of discipline on the field caught up with him.

The guy was an absolute monster, complete waste of talent at this point.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:04 AM, BillnutinHouston said:

Heart is not a measurable. 

Very true

Just ask Rudy ?

On 5/18/2018 at 2:45 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Is he still on the team?

I see his career being much more consistent, and probably longer than suhs, but he'd be hard pressed to be as dominant as Suh was early on, before he self destructed.

• Like (+1) 1