Baker Mayfield thought Josh Allen would go #1 if it wasn’t him

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Mayfield just made Rosen’s hit list. I’m predicting Rosen goes Tonya Harding on Mayfield’s shoulder with a tennis racket. #mistakenumber10

Rosen is going to watch Hard Knocks wearing a !@#$ Baker hat 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Facts:

Mayfield > Allen in the Browns opinion.

Darnold > Allen in the Jets opinion.

Allen > Rosen in the Bills opinion.

Rosen> Jackson in Cards opinion.

Jackson> Rudolph in Ravens opinion.

Rudolph>Lauletta in Steelers opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Facts:

To expand that point.

Mayfield > Allen, Darnold, Rosen in the Browns opinion.

Darnold > Allen, Rosen in the Jets opinion.

Rosen > All other QBs left in Cardinals opinion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Facts:

Because the Browns and the Jets have been STELLAR at picking QB talent the last 40 years...

• Like (+1) 1

Don't they all find out by a phone call telling them they are the pick?

9 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Because the Browns and the Jets have been STELLAR at picking QB talent the last 40 years...

And the bills the past 35

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

that was rumored, but I wonder what he knew. I did hear the Browns weren’t nearly as high on Darnold as people assumed they were. 

The Browns brought in Scot McCloughan as a draft consultant. He was touting Baker all season long. He was very influential in his selection. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/02/browns_scot_mccloughan_doesnt.html

There was plenty of chatter around Allen first overall. Some even feeling that Mayfield was really thrust apon the franchise by McCloughan, who was said to have a lot of influence. Otherwise Allen was the favorite among the front office.

Other rumours that there was some disconnect from the coaching staff and the FO on who they really wanted, but that's the fun of the draft, we never really know the whole truth.

The Wyoming AD office said that the Jets scouts spent the most time in Laramie during the season than anyone else by a large margin. So I though it was a smoke screen when all the analysts were saying the Jets wanted Mayfield. Then the Jets take Darnold over Allen. I wasn't sure where Allen should have gone. I just wanted him to go to a team where he wouldn't get killed and maybe get a chance to sit and learn.

In reality there were only two QBs who met the "Bills DNA" and "Culture fit" that Beane and McDermott have been saying since Day 1 and that was Allen or Darnold. Anyone who was a Rosen fan just wasn't listening to what  the Bills brain trust have been saying all along and were out of step with their thinking.