How much longer will we have shady?

6 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-5916/

We can release him with $2.6M of deadcap in 2019, with a cap saving of $6.4M. UFA in 2020.

Depends where we are with an extension, Shady will probably want a crack at a Super Bowl. We are most likely a few years away from competing for a championship

If Allen plays like a top 10 pick should play, I see no reason the Bills can't be competing for a championship in 2019 or 2020 at the latest. We're going to have a ton of cap space in 2019 & can fill a lot of holes before the 2019 season.  I expect Allen to be playing by November or December at the latest (I'm hoping a lot sooner) this year & show up ready to start from day 1 in 2019. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think he finishes his career in Buffalo. He hasn't shown any signs of slowing down, suprising given his age and miles on his legs. And although that time is nearing closer, his great vision will help him to stay productive near the end. I can see him playing another year or two at this level, and probably retires after a third. 

11 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If Allen plays like a top 10 pick should play, I see no reason the Bills can't be competing for a championship in 2019 or 2020 at the latest. We're going to have a ton of cap space in 2019 & can fill a lot of holes before the 2019 season.  I expect Allen to be playing by November or December at the latest (I'm hoping a lot sooner) this year & show up ready to start from day 1 in 2019. 

Good grief!

I think they'll extend him another year, to finish out his career in 2020, but at a reduced rate.  He'll be a Bill for 6 years, get over 12,000 yards rushing be a HOF'er and WOF'er. 

He's been a massively productive player in the rush and pass game.  He's also been available.  

I'd expect him to be back next year with a draft pick spent on his eventual replacement.   Barring a drop off in production or injury,  I could easily see him get another 1 possibly 2 year extension.  

IF he makes it through this year, I think that's it...but I wouldn't put it past this FO to trade him during the season depending on how some of the unknown guys play, where the team is in terms of standing, and how he's producing. 

I hope he has 2 more years. It would be nice to have someone remotely decent on the team to replace him before he leaves.

I feel like he doesn't take a lot of big hits, so he could play at a high level for another couple years.

Gut Tells Me we restructure him this year giving him more upfront and making it a deal through 2020.  This will allow us to keep him at a lower cap hit if he's still performing and also trade him if we want to part ways.  

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Gut Tells Me we restructure him this year giving him more upfront and making it a deal through 2020.  This will allow us to keep him at a lower cap hit if he's still performing and also trade him if we want to part ways.  

Bills will keep him till he retires. He made it the McBeane cut downs twice. He is a Bill.

Also many see him as the Fire in the Offense.
Gut tells me he will play be offered a new contract that reflects his future state. Savor him like a fine wine and use him in the appropriate occasions by 2019 if not sooner.

Let someone else grind the tough stuff

Just now, BuffaloMatt said:

12000K this year and done. 

Cuz he retires ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I think they'll extend him another year, to finish out his career in 2020, but at a reduced rate.  He'll be a Bill for 6 years, get over 12,000 yards rushing be a HOF'er and WOF'er. 

This is where I am at....althought I do hope next draft is the one where we are seriously looking for his replacement.

We just drafted a QB of the future....he is gonna needs some help taking the pressure off him.