Bills All-Drought Team

MJS

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Holy ****. Bledsoe???? The guy was brain dead. Outside of 8 good games to start his career in Buffalo he was mostly awful. 

Go watch some tape of Bledsoe's 2003 season. He should've retired after that one. Good god he sucked.

And Fitz? The turnover machine? The guy who'd throw an INT at the worst possible time?

Man. What are some of you guys watching?

You mean Bledsoe who actually got a team to a Super Bowl?  How was Tyrod any better?

Fitz is a tougher sell but at least he tried making throws down the field.  Too many times they were INTs yes but other times they were spot on and even winning throws but his WRs (SJ) let him down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

IMO, an all drought team should be made up of players, coaches and front office personnel who were the reasons for such drought.

Trent Edwards - running out of bounds on 4th and long instead of throwing the ball etc ....

That's definitely a list I want to see, but I don't want to make it. Too depressing. Is there a Negative Nancy we can assign this to?

1 hour ago, Talley56 said:

You mean Bledsoe who actually got a team to a Super Bowl?  How was Tyrod any better?

Fitz is a tougher sell but at least he tried making throws down the field.  Too many times they were INTs yes but other times they were spot on and even winning throws but his WRs (SJ) let him down.

8vlgksj.jpg

You mean other than W/L, Completion %, TD%, YPA, Passer Rating, INT%, NY/A, ANY/A, and Total YPG?

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

8vlgksj.jpg

You mean other than W/L, Completion %, TD%, YPA, Passer Rating, INT%, YPA, ANY/A, and Total YPG?

Taylor also added a lot to the run game, which obviously Bledsoe didn't.

Taylor certainly isn't good enough to be a long-term starter, but he was a good short-term answer and did better than any other drought QB.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:27 PM, ScottLaw said:

Holy ****. Bledsoe???? The guy was brain dead. Outside of 8 good games to start his career in Buffalo he was mostly awful. 

Go watch some tape of Bledsoe's 2003 season. He should've retired after that one. Good god he sucked.

And Fitz? The turnover machine? The guy who'd throw an INT at the worst possible time?

Man. What are some of you guys watching?

It is amazing how those 8 games are all that anyone remembers about Bledsoe. I’ve posted in here numerous times but after those 8 games he was no better than Losman or EJ. He was horrendous. I get the Fitz love somewhat and he should be #2 (or #1 if Tyrod is ineligible). 

On 5/18/2018 at 7:16 AM, mannc said:

Sam Cowart.  Think he might have played on the ‘99 team, though.  Beast.

Cowart had a chance to be one of the best players the Bills ever had. That injury was devastating and he never recovered.

23 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

8vlgksj.jpg

You mean other than W/L, Completion %, TD%, YPA, Passer Rating, INT%, NY/A, ANY/A, and Total YPG?

That doesn’t even factor in Bledsoe’s fumbles. It isn’t even close. It blows my mind how fondly people remember him. If you pull those 1st 8 games out it is terrifying.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/17/2018 at 1:31 PM, MJS said:

Lots of angry guys leaving Buffalo. Some of it was caused by bad coaches and some of it from bad management.

And some of it by guys unwilling to work hard but of course most of blame has to be on team and front office - it is the Bills fan way!

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

And some of it by guys unwilling to work hard but of course most of blame has to be on team and front office - it is the Bills fan way!

Players are players. The team brings them in as well. If they don't work hard that is still a failing of the coaches and management, for bringing in guys like that and not being able to motivate them or not realizing they were that way.

I don't know why people always forget this, but we had one of the best Guards in the league for years in Reuben Brown.

Since we've included people like Eric Moulds who played on the same team as him for quite a while, figured Brown should get a nod too.

The guy started in all 181 games he played in, was a 9-time Pro Bowl selection, and 4 time All-Pro. The guy should be above any linemen we have, regardless of position, because he was that good.

Also, I'd change:

QB #1: Drew Bledose (only if we're talking about in their prime, as he could actually make use of a roster this talented)

RB#2 Marshawn Lynch (need at least 2 RB's on the team)

FB: Larry Centers (He might not have played for us long, but prime Larry Centers was one of the top 20 FB's of all time. Hell, he was still good for us in his 2 years.)

LG, RG, or any O-line whatsoever: Reuben Brown (Reasons stated above)

WR #3: Terrell Owens (Again, only if we're talking about in their prime..but then he'd be WR #1 for sure, but drop Stevie for him & keep the other 2)

DT#2: Marcel Dareus (Just a more athletic, and more talented DT than Pat Williams, although Pat was great too)

KR #1: Terrence McGee (I know you have him as a CB, but people forget how good he was in the return game as well)

PR #1: Roscoe Parrish (The little dude could run, nuff' said)

Edited by BigDingus

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I don't know why people always forget this, but we had one of the best Guards in the league for years in Reuben Brown.

Since we've included people like Eric Moulds who played on the same team as him for quite a while, figured Brown should get a nod too.

The guy started in all 181 games he played in, was a 9-time Pro Bowl selection, and 4 time All-Pro. The guy should be above any linemen we have, regardless of position, because he was that good.

Also, I'd change:

QB #1: Drew Bledose (only if we're talking about in their prime, as he could actually make use of a roster this talented)

RB#2 Marshawn Lynch (need at least 2 RB's on the team)

FB: Larry Centers (He might not have played for us long, but prime Larry Centers was one of the top 20 FB's of all time. Hell, he was still good for us in his 2 years.)

LG, RG, or any O-line whatsoever: Reuben Brown (Reasons stated above)

WR #3: Terrell Owens (Again, only if we're talking about in their prime..but then he'd be WR #1 for sure, but drop Stevie for him & keep the other 2)

DT#2: Marcel Dareus (Just a more athletic, and more talented DT than Pat Williams, although Pat was great too)

KR #1: Terrence McGee (I know you have him as a CB, but people forget how good he was in the return game as well)

PR #1: Roscoe Parrish (The little dude could run, nuff' said)

I didn't include Ruben Brown because he played most of his time in Buffalo in non-drought years. Eric Moulds played more years during the drought than before the drought.

I didn't include kick or punt return, but you are spot on with those two.

Edited by MJS

Ughhh Kraig Urbik? Hell nah.... Especially not over a player like Brad Butler.

And instead of Manny Lawson I'd put Angelo Crowell

Kyle Orton is better than Tyrod IMO

Edited by Kmart128