Bills All-Drought Team

MJS

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Fair. How do you explain Percy Harvin? He's pretty much been a bust everywhere except his first couple years.

I only take Percy if we are discounting injuries. When he was healthy he was an incredible player and returner that could score any time he touched the ball. Unfortunately he was very rarely healthy. The idea with a trio of TO, Watkins, and Harvin is that they have diverse enough skillsets from each other, but each had to be accounted for on every play.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, he was great. My earliest football memories are from like 1998-1999, but I didn't really start following closely till 2000 and on. I would have been 10 or 11 years old. Eric Moulds was the man.

Fair. How do you explain Percy Harvin? He's pretty much been a bust everywhere except his first couple years.

Moulds got really sour with how his 120+ Game catch streak ended

Lee Evans had 3 TDs against Dolphins in the first quarter iirc and Moulds took himself out saying he hurt his Achilles 

The coaches tried telling him to go back in but he wanted to get looked at quick... he told them no and didn’t go back in... he was suspended the next week

1 minute ago, Talley56 said:

I would put both Bledsoe and Fitz ahead of Tyrod.  At this point IMO the only thing Tyrod has working in his favor is that he was the QB when the drought ended.

I think his stats speak for themselves. Wins and losses, TD to INT ratio, QB Rating, etc.

I wanted him gone too, but I think he did more than the other guys.

1 minute ago, Talley56 said:

I would put both Bledsoe and Fitz ahead of Tyrod.  At this point IMO the only thing Tyrod has working in his favor is that he was the QB when the drought ended.

And the team did it's most consistent winning throughout the drought when it started him, during a period where the defense was average at best. And the team scored the most points throughout the drought when he started.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Moulds got really sour with how his 120+ Game catch streak ended

Lee Evans had 3 TDs against Dolphins in the first quarter iirc and Moulds took himself out saying he hurt his Achilles 

The coaches tried telling him to go back in but he wanted to get looked at quick... he told them no and didn’t go back in... he was suspended the next week

I don't begrudge players who got "sour" with drought coaches and/or management. It sucks to play for sucky coaches and management.

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Gilmore should be in over McGee. He was really really good despite fan hatred towards the guy. Otherwise your pretty spot on with this. Nigel Bradham I may also put in over Manny Lawson

Great suggestions. I thought about Nigel Bradham. It was a close one.

The case can be made for Gilmore, but I felt like he was always terrible the first half of the season and really good the second half. And what do you know? The same thing happened in New England. Pats fans hated him at first. His consistency issues (among other things) give me a bad impression of him.

• Like (+1) 1

To me, an all-drought team should be players who ONLY were Bills during the drought.  

QB: Bledsoe or Fitz

WR: Evans, TO, Stevie

RB: Spiller, Fred, BeastMode (although McGahee really embodies the drought to me - a wasted draft pick on a position of strength at the time)

RT: Mike Williams
RG: Kraig Urbik

C : Trey Teague
LG: Andy Levitre
LT: Jonas Jennings
TE: Scott Chandler

P: Brian Moorman
K: Rian Lindell
LS: Jon Dornbos 

DE: Aaron Schobel
DT: Sam Adams

DT: Marcel Dareus
DE: Chris Kelsay
OLB: Takeo Spikes
MLB: London Fletcher (Posluszny)
OLB: Angelo Crowell

CB: Nate Clements

CB: Leodis McKelvin

S: Donte Whitner

S: Jairus Byrd

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

To me, an all-drought team should be players who ONLY were Bills during the drought.  

RB: Spiller, Fred, BeastMode (although McGahee really embodies the drought to me - a wasted draft pick on a position of strength at the time)

No Mario Williams? You'd have McKelvin over Terrance McGee?

1 hour ago, MJS said:

What do you have against Schobel?

Always thought he was overrated and never liked how he left the team. 

The fact that he was willing to come out of retirement for other teams, but was done with us.  He had no problem spending our money. 

So yeah, !@#$ him

13 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Dareus was a Bill for several games last year, so he's disquified. And Mario should be ahead of Kelsay. Far, far ahead...

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

53 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And the team did it's most consistent winning throughout the drought when it started him, during a period where the defense was average at best. And the team scored the most points throughout the drought when he started.

The defense was way worse when Fitz was QB.  It may not have been great when Tyrod was QB but Fitz has it much worse when it came to defense.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

The defense was way worse when Fitz was QB.  It may not have been great when Tyrod was QB but Fitz has it much worse when it came to defense.

Was mostly a shot at Bledsoe, but the D in '15 and '16 was very similar to Fitz's in '10, '11, and '12.

DVOA Ranks:

Taylor Years: 15th, 27th, 24th

Fitz Years: 27th, 24th, 28th, 8th

Bledsoe Years: 1st, 7th, 24th

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Solid List and I really dig your explanation for McGahee (Spiller at the time too!)... I may throw a honorable mention to David Nelson for two years but the ALL TIME EPITOME of how painful the drought was can be summed up in ONE front office move and here is ONE EXAMPLE (of many) personnel moves that kept us back. Keeping Dick Jauron and KNOWING he was waiting to be fired... and starting Keith Ellison for the year and neglecting to upgrade for years while defending his play to the fans... barf

Edited by FrankoElTanko