Top 10 Boneheaded Moves of NFL offseason

20 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Jets gave up a lot. In hindsight the Jets move was a panic move because it looks like they didn't get their guy and they probably could of stayed at 6 and gotten Darnold.. Hindsight being 20/20 and all

captain-hindsight.jpg

He should be wearing a dunce cap.

19 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Don't worry, I'm ready to provide perfect hindsight when necessary 

Remember to wear your dunce cap.

14 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Bills have had bonehead off season if I've ever seen one:

Make sure you put in your resume .... to the Jest.

15 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Bills have had bonehead off season if I've ever seen one:

1) Signing Star who has underachieved for consecutive years now

2) Overpaying Trent Murphy who has injury concerns and was suspended for PEFS

3) Chris Ivory - really? 

4) Not addressing Wide Receiver in a remotely impactful way

5) Trading 2 second round picks for a statistically inferior prospect

6) Leaving the draft with 3 picks in the first 3 rounds when they started with 6 and have a roster full of needs.

and yet last year with all those "Boneheaded" moves we eneded the drought and over acheived...

I think I will trust  the process of finding guys who want to play within the cofines of gameplan / style McDermott and company puts forth.

The decades of panicing and grabbing the wrong FA's or desperatley drafting a p;lyer to fill a need caused the drought

• Like (+1) 1

HERE'S MINE:

I feel the Bears made a huge mistake selecting Roquan Smith ahead of Tra Edmunds. I felt Edmunds was the second best front seven player in the draft, after Chubb; a true beast with great size and speed. Capable of playing any linebacker position and a three down player.

Meanwhile I thought Smith was a little over-rated; great speed but a slightly larger safety, who cannot fight through the blocks of big offensive lineman.

While Smith may be good, the Bears missed out on a great one.

Edited by Wagon Circler

6 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

It's more puzzling than boneheaded, but that Hue Jackson, 1-31 with the Browns, is still their HC.

Perhaps they felt the talent level was so poor that they couldn’t have won much more.  After this offseason Hue will have no excuses.

2 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Perhaps they felt the talent level was so poor that they couldn’t have won much more.

Cleveland's ownership make the Pegula's look good. Keeping on an NFL coach with a .031 winning percentage over two years is certainly unprecedented.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:57 PM, Jay_Fixit said:

Unless their guy was Mayfield. 

Darnold was my guy, but now that he’s a New Jersey Jets, I hope for him to bust hard.

The AFC East needs franchise QBs named other than Tom Brady.....So I am ok with Darnold and Allen being the main stays for the next decade...sort of like the Marion-Kelly thing

Here's mine.

-Giants taking a RB instead of a potential franchise QB.  Good luck getting the #2 pick again when Eli retires.

-Browns signing Jarvis Landry for Mike Evans, Deandre Hopkins, and Antonio Brown type money.

-Cowboys passing on receiver in the 1st round for a Poz Pozlusny type linebacker.

-Dolphins giving 24 million dollars guaranteed for the pedestrian WR Albert Wilson.

-Bucs resigning Cameron Brate to a ridiculous 40 million dollar contract.

-Bills signing Chris Ivory.  Averaged 3.4 ypc last year.  Plus, he's old for a RB at 30 years old.

-Saints giving up a 2019 1st rounder to move up for Marcus Davenport.

-Dez Bryant for turning down 3 year 21 million contract offer from Ravens.

-Browns taking Ward over Chubb at 4.  Ward may be a good player, but having Garrett and Chubb is a nightmare for any o-line.

-Eagles not trading Matt Foles.

Edited by Doc Brown

On 5/18/2018 at 2:13 AM, billspro said:

You could also look as those moves as the greatest offseason in Bills history. We will find out.

Yeah, but it’s more fun to predict failure so one can “be right” than to root for success...

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

Rams' New Inglewood Stadium Reportedly Now Costs More Than $4 Billion

Reasons for the increased costs include access roads, utilities and making sure the stadium could withstand an earthquake, per Kaplan. The final total could approach $5 billion when the new NFL Network building is factored into the equation

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776535-rams-new-inglewood-stadium-reportedly-now-costs-more-than-4-billion?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

wow 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's mine.

-Giants taking a RB instead of a potential franchise QB.  Good luck getting the #2 pick again when Eli retires.

-Browns signing Jarvis Landry for Mike Evans, Deandre Hopkins, and Antonio Brown type money.

-Cowboys passing on receiver in the 1st round for a Poz Pozlusny type linebacker.

-Dolphins giving 24 million dollars guaranteed for the pedestrian WR Albert Wilson.

-Bucs resigning Cameron Brate to a ridiculous 40 million dollar contract.

-Bills signing Chris Ivory.  Averaged 3.4 ypc last year.  Plus, he's old for a RB at 30 years old.

-Saints giving up a 2019 1st rounder to move up for Marcus Davenport.

-Dez Bryant for turning down 3 year 21 million contract offer from Ravens.

-Browns taking Ward over Chubb at 4.  Ward may be a good player, but having Garrett and Chubb is a nightmare for any o-line.

-Eagles not trading Matt Foles.

It's even bigger boneheaded move that the Eagles didn't trade Nick Foles

• Haha (+1) 1