Josh Allen Unfazed

10 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I am optimistic and will support him as the Bills QB.

Still, the positives being reported on Allen are eerily similar to those reported about Manuel, so it is understandable if a Bills fan is cautious. 

No offense...but Bills fans need to let EJ go.  They are not even remotely the same players, were not drafted by the same people, dont have the same coaches, etc.  I get Bills Fan warranted skepticism, but man this EJ comparison stuff really needs to go away and is completely irrelevant to Josh or this current team.  

Its pretty common here to hold the entire history of the franchise against a new HC...a new GM...a new Player.  They have no correlation what so ever when all the pieces are different.  The only way it could enter the conversation is if the same front office drafted both and you wanted to fairly question their judgement.  But thats not whats at play here, people need to let Josh be Josh already.  

• Like (+1) 1

uh what quarterback would be fazed by a joke from a fellow pro. I'm cool with Allen but this isn't a cool story. If anything I want to see Allen talking back, Brett Favre style

you don't think there's mutual respect when Warren Sapp says to Favre "you holding the ball too long" and Favre replies "is that all you got you fat f***?"

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense...but Bills fans need to let EJ go.  They are not even remotely the same players, were not drafted by the same people, dont have the same coaches, etc.  I get Bills Fan warranted skepticism, but man this EJ comparison stuff really needs to go away and is completely irrelevant to Josh or this current team.  

Its pretty common here to hold the entire history of the franchise against a new HC...a new GM...a new Player.  They have no correlation what so ever when all the pieces are different.  The only way it could enter the conversation is if the same front office drafted both and you wanted to fairly question their judgement.  But thats not whats at play here, people need to let Josh be Josh already.  

They are both prototypical QBs with accuracy issues.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

uh what quarterback would be fazed by a joke from a fellow pro. I'm cool with Allen but this isn't a cool story. If anything I want to see Allen talking back, Brett Favre style

you don't think there's mutual respect when Warren Sapp says to Favre "you holding the ball too long" and Favre replies "is that all you got you fat f***?"

Yeah, no. Dont gi chirpping unless you have accomplished something. Otherwise you put an unwarranted bullseye on your self.

Allen handled that perfectly fine. TMZ on the other hand is clown shoes.

9 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Funny how nobody wanted Allen before the draft and now everyone is suddenly "coming around on him."

This shouldn't surprise you. What choice do fans have? Be pouty, whiney, know it all crybabies who refuse to support their teams decision because they think they know best?

Yeah. When life hands you lemons you make the lemonade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

They are both prototypical QBs with accuracy issues.

No they are not.  They are not remotely the same player.  If you want to blindly categorize them together, fine...but its a completely jaded Bills fan false narrative.  

Does not mean Allen will be more or less successful, but they are not remotely the same player in college or entering the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No they are not.  They are not remotely the same player.  If you want to blindly categorize them together, fine...but its a completely jaded Bills fan false narrative.  

Does not mean Allen will be more or less successful, but they are not remotely the same player in college or entering the draft.  

This is what happens when these fans live out their whole football knowledge on message boards and madden, without actually watching the players play

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Funny how nobody wanted Allen before the draft and now everyone is suddenly "coming around on him."

Not even remotely true.  

Mayfield thought the only QB that would go ahead of him as Allen. 

I think that speaks volumes about what pro evaluators felt.

I don't much care what the kipers of the world say.

13 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Not even remotely true.  

Mayfield thought the only QB that would go ahead of him as Allen. 

I think that speaks volumes about what pro evaluators felt.

I don't much care what the kipers of the world say.

Okay, I basically agree, but Kiper had Allen rated as his number 1 qb so . . . 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Okay, I basically agree, but Kiper had Allen rated as his number 1 qb so . . . 

I don't listen to any of that noise.  So I wouldn't know.  I will also say that I am a fan of the kid.  Not necessarily the football,(I realize it's mucho importante) but I just see him as determined.  I love that quality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaxBills said:

I don't listen to any of that noise.  So I wouldn't know.  I will also say that I am a fan of the kid.  Not necessarily the football,(I realize it's mucho importante) but I just see him as determined.  I love that quality.

I was one of the few Allen enthusiasts before the draft.  Nothing I have read or heard since has done anything to decrease my hope for this kid.  I think he's going to be a good one.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I was one of the few Allen enthusiasts before the draft.  Nothing I have read or heard since has done anything to decrease my hope for this kid.  I think he's going to be a good one.

I have lynch, Watkins and Darius jerseys....

As much as I want to, I'm not getting an Allen jersey.

EVER., lol

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/17/2018 at 9:08 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Was it just me? Or did he totally brush off the fan asking for an autograph at the beginning of the video?

It was at LAX, hardly constitutes a fan. More like a guy trying to get autographs to sell online. And it wasn't like it was a little kid.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

It was at LAX, hardly constitutes a fan. More like a guy trying to get autographs to sell online. And it wasn't like it was a little kid.

Could of also been there to stall Allen so the TMZ guy could pester him longer.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yeah, no. Dont gi chirpping unless you have accomplished something. Otherwise you put an unwarranted bullseye on your self.

Allen handled that perfectly fine. TMZ on the other hand is clown shoes.

Hyde should have came back at him about bortles. "I'm getting more picks from your QB"