Josh Allen Unfazed

3 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Was it just me? Or did he totally brush off the fan asking for an autograph at the beginning of the video?

I don't know about totally brush off, but he didn't stop and sign.  Not judging - every player has to establish his own limits and we couldn't see if there was a herd off camera where if he signed one, he'd be signing for a while.

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I have heard this a few times. When i personally watch Allen's college game footage verses Manuel's college game footage there is very little comparison in how they play the position. 

In regards to swagger etc, Manuel did not strike me as  having swagger or command of a room. He seemed genuine and nice and intelligent, but Manuel did not command respect from his team mates. I think Allen will. 

Production ultimately is what counts. I do not think it is fair to compare Allen to Manuel or any other QB for that matter, including Kelly. 

I cannot say that I have anything to back up an argument that their play styles are similar. I am not sure Allen has shown he can command a room of NFL players. That's not to say he can't, I'm just not sure what would support that thought. I think he could, too, but I just have nothing to base that on either way. 

By production, Manuel should be considered a better prospect. He put up way better numbers against way tougher competition. I agree that QB comparisons aren't especially helpful, but they do happen and are fairly unavoidable, especially as fans of a franchise that has a a lot of success at drafting the wrong QBs. 

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Fortunately, Allen has many more positives related to talent at the position EJ could only have dreamed of having.

I think so, too. I also still think they are comparable prospects. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think so, too. I also still think they are comparable prospects. 

Nah...EJ was never considered an elite talent at the position.

I heard a decent, if not perfect, comparison to Allen yesterday afternoon from Pat Kirwan.  He compared Allen to Vinny Testaverde in terms of stature, athleticism, arm talent.

If we could get a Testaverde-like career out of Allen that wouldn't be horrible -- particularly if that's his floor.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont know if he put anyone in check....I did like that he didnt give any material to anyone to fuel any fires.

People are gonna see what they wanna see.

I saw someone annoyed that he was being bothered......but didnt take the cheese and start having terminal oral diareah of the mouth.

I was watching it and thinking the board would think Allen was a prick. I have never seen him anything but cordial and respectful to anyone and everyone. Glad he recognized scum for what it is. He might do OK off the farm and out of Wyoming after all.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Nah...EJ was never considered an elite talent at the position.

I heard a decent, if not perfect, comparison to Allen yesterday afternoon from Pat Kirwan.  He compared Allen to Vinny Testaverde in terms of stature, athleticism, arm talent.

If we could get a Testaverde-like career out of Allen that wouldn't be horrible -- particularly if that's his floor.

I think there is a distinction to be made between "elite QB talent" and "elite arm talent". I think neither Allen nor Manuel were considered "elite QB talent", but that "elite arm talent" is considered a trait held by Allen. 

I can get behind a Testaverde floor for sure. 

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not sure if there is a lower line of work than being a paparazzi reporter.

Josh handled it well even though that guy was being annoying as hell and asking stupid questions.

I'm going to disagree rather strongly with you. I spent years working on music videos, and have had the occasion to meet a bunch of them. They're hardworking freelancers who get paid for their product like anyone else. And, before you bemoan the intrusion into the privacy of the celebrities they stalk, the fact of the matter is that the celebrities rely on paparazzi to maintain their celebrity. The occasional violent incident between paparazzi, and celebrity notwithstanding, I can tell you that when a music, or acting celebrity stop attracting paparazzi, they become very concerned.

I once worked on a Brittany Spears video (in which she arrived seven hours late), and there were about 20 paparazzi hanging about. Two of them were wearing medical boots from having their feet run over trying to get pictures of stars driving. One of them had been run over by Brittany, herself. I asked him about it, and his relationship with her. She knew him by name, and was generally really nice to him, and neither him, nor her harbored bad feelings.

I can think of plenty of lower lines of work. Politicians, cold-call phone solicitors, time-share salesmen, and Tom Brady's* ball-handlers come to mind.

57 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think there is a distinction to be made between "elite QB talent" and "elite arm talent". I think neither Allen nor Manuel were considered "elite QB talent", but that "elite arm talent" is considered a trait held by Allen. 

I can get behind a Testaverde floor for sure. 

Manuel was always considered to have a good arm but never an elite arm. Strong yes, elite never. On top of that people talked about EJ athleticism but the guy was never a legit runner 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

He's been coached for months by his agents on how to respond to the media, along with every other rookie in the NFL. 

This is a non story that proves nothing about his ability to play in this league. 

If we want to talk about swagger, I don't know, Allen doesn't strike me as the type. Seems like an "aw shucks" type

Mayfield, Jackson and Rosen have more of it, for better or worse.  

You're correct.  All agents coach their players,  but a lot can't help themselves and say stupid things anyways.

At least it shows Josh Allen can be coached.  Lol

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You're correct.  All agents coach their players,  but a lot can't help themselves and say stupid things anyways.

At least it shows Josh Allen can be coached.  Lol

Allen really nailed the entire pre-draft process. Ignoring what he did before he was even a college Quarterback he did nothing but improve his draft stock. I mean it's all irrelevant if he's not able to play on the field. If that works out it'll be nice to have a QB that carries himself well off the field.