Hard Knocks 2018: The Cleveland Browns

On 5/17/2018 at 9:35 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Except most of what you just said isnt true and are nothing more than your general "assumptions" and "opinions" of the show.  I have close friends who make this show and can assure you just about everything you just said its totally false.  And they are the assumptions of many, not just you.  

But the show is not a fake and scripted reality show like many others are.  Its fine if you dont personally like it, just saying the argument you are making against isn't really very accurate.  

PS:  A couple of those people I know on the show are also now working on one for College Basketball too.  Can't disclose the team, but its a big one and will be out I think next year. 

Appreciate the insight. Can you ask your friends what percentage of the video shot ends up on the editing room floor? 

20 hours ago, JohnC said:

Again, you missed the point. I'm not interested what is in front or behind the scenes. If you enjoy the series enjoy it. I have no interest in it. 

Then could have just simply said that like 5 times now.  But you didn’t, you spewed false facts and all this other stuff I wasn’t even discussing with you about McD, fake reality, other coaches, etc.

Lmao.  

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Appreciate the insight. Can you ask your friends what percentage of the video shot ends up on the editing room floor? 

A Lot, they shoot for a week and condense it down to one hour essentially.  And there are multiple camera crews shooting all the time during that week.  So it’s an immense amount of content.  

They probably have at least 50+ hours of footage they cut down to 1 hour each week.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

That is so negative. Smh.

Anyways theres enough storylines for this to be the best season in a while.

....sad isn't it?.......I wish the best for the kid in a new environment.....his heart and ethic are certainly in the game.....only tiny minded  little excrements hope the kid fails in chasing his dream.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A Lot, they shoot for a week and condense it down to one hour essentially.  And there are multiple camera crews shooting all the time during that week.  So it’s an immense amount of content.  

They probably have at least 50+ hours of footage they cut down to 1 hour each week.  

Thanks again. I was in the same ballpark as your estimates. 

I like the series for what it is; a surface level view of some of what goes on in a training camp. And while I realize it’s not “scripted” like other reality television, I am mindful that it is heavily shaped to support certain selected emerging narratives as they arise. It is  also predetermined what players will be the initial focus and for good reason as that mirrors fan (audience) interest initially. 

As much as I enjoy it each season, I hope we are never the subject of it. It is a major distraction and the less of those a team has going into a season, the better. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Then could have just simply said that like 5 times now.  But you didn’t, you spewed false facts and all this other stuff I wasn’t even discussing with you about McD, fake reality, other coaches, etc.

Lmao.  

I appreciate your classless response and how you amuse yourself. 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sad isn't it?.......I wish the best for the kid in a new environment.....his heart and ethic are certainly in the game.....only tiny minded  little excrements hope the kid fails in chasing his dream.....

Right. Never understood bashing old players when they left on good terms.

Wish them the best until they play vs us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I personally like this series and the one that was on amazon prime (forget the name). I feel theyre as real as a reality show gets on tv. 

A football team isnt going to manufacture drama for the sake of ratings. The browns dont care about the show’s ratings. Whatever drama is present will be real. When you put 100 men together in a high-stakes environment the drama comes naturally. 

Im rooting for the Browns to do well. Their fans have suffered enough.

Let the elite of the AFC turnover for the next 15yrs from the Steelers and Pats to the Browns and Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2018 at 10:48 AM, K-9 said:

99.72% The ratio of footage they keep is about 360:1, that is, it takes 6 hours of footage for every minute that airs. The average 5-week season approaches 2,000 hours shot. The logistics of it are impressive.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jr1 said:

there were a bunch of tweets on July 18th by random twitter people that he failed a drug test

I have a buddy who has some connections with the team and he texted me about a week ago asking if i heard about the drug test and prostitute. I thought it was a joke

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a buddy who has some connections with the team and he texted me about a week ago asking if i heard about the drug test and prostitute. I thought it was a joke

Well...there are a great many jokes that start out that way....nope sorry, they *start* with a Catholic priest and end with the drug test and prostitute...nope, that's a choir boy...never mind. I thought I had one....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1