Hard Knocks 2018: The Cleveland Browns

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Hard Knocks is not he best.  The all or nothing show on amazon is 10x better than hard knocks.

Disagreements happen, but one person showing a me type attitude is not what you want in a team/company.  Everyone knows this.  Hue should have listened to what they wanted and not said a word.  He can do nothing with what they wanted, but at least he could have let them talk and not act like he is a dictator. 

The whole episode I wanted more, and it never transpired. 

That’s fair.  But as a head coach, you need to be decisive.  Do you think Lombardi wasn’t a dictator?  And please don’t think I’m comparing Jackson to Lombardi haha.  Also, Haley and Gregg Williams sucked as head coaches.  I’d do the exact opposite of of what they said.

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s fair.  But as a head coach, you need to be decisive.  Do you think Lombardi wasn’t a dictator?  And please don’t think I’m comparing Jackson to Lombardi haha.  Also, Haley and Gregg Williams sucked as head coaches.  I’d do the exact opposite of of what they said.

1-31

Hue is gripping. I expect Haley to be HC by week 6.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They may have sucked as HC, but I don't think they won 1 out of 33 games.  Maybe its time he takes other opinions.

Haley DEFINITELY has his eyes on that HC spot, and it's probably the reason he took the job. Looks like he made a smart decision because I dont see Hue lasting much longer.

I understand what Hue was saying in the coaches meeting, and cant really disagree with the principle. He IS the HC, and ultimately responsible, so if he wants to do something a certain way, that's the way it's going to happen. He fully understands that means it is his head on the line. So be it. That is the way of the profession they chose.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

There's no question it was illegal. And the fact that he left his feet and targeted his head/neck area are what makes it a dirty play. Oh, and it was on a guy who everybody knew had neck surgery the year before. 

Again, I have not once stated it was not illegal.  I said the one play doesn't define Landry.  I have now explained this multiple times now and people keep responding as if I am disputing the validity of it being illegal, which I am not.  I said that I dont look at that play and see a situation where Landry deliberately intended for the hit to be illegal or to hurt AW.  

There are players on this team who have been flagged for plays just like this...where are the threads about our guys being dirty scumbags who should not be on our roster?  Again, too much homerism around here is over exaggerating Landrys character over a big hit.  Yes it was illegal, but its a VERY FINE line that separates legal and illegal in the modern NFL and these plays and decisions happen in micro seconds in the NFL.  Suh is a dirty player who looks for cheap shots, illegal shots, and straight dirty crap on a consistent basis.  He is the definition of a dirty player.

Once again, this play happens constantly in the NFL, its a game of inches especially within rules.  Hines Ward used to deliver LEGAL hits this big and bigger all the time.  Steve Smith also liked to lay big hits.  The angle and eyes of the defender can literally be the fine line that makes it legal or illegal today.  

Landry made a big hit...it was illegal, it was flagged as such.  No dispute, but by no means do I now see Landry as someone like Suh who is premeditating illegal stuff all the time.  

And like I said several times, we can all agree to disagree.  But my stance does not change, this was a heat of the moment mistake, and not a character defining play. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

Hue Jackson letting players off and not dressing out is unheard of. Will not last the season. The RB coach questioning Hue has more sense than the HC. You just don't do that, sure you let vets take a day out of practice but they still dress out and are involved in team drills to help.

Just now, WMDman said:

Even though they barely talked about it looked like Corey asked for a trade

Selective editing I’m sure, but he definitely asked for it.  Would love to know what else led up to the outburst in Hue’s office!

I would also say, would YOU want to play for Hayley?  Him and Gregg together on the sidelines chiding players, rather than coaching them. Ugh.

How about the personal guy w Dorsey?  Seemed completely unprepared...

27 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Selective editing I’m sure, but he definitely asked for it.  Would love to know what else led up to the outburst in Hue’s office!

I would also say, would YOU want to play for Hayley?  Him and Gregg together on the sidelines chiding players, rather than coaching them. Ugh.

How about the personal guy w Dorsey?  Seemed completely unprepared...

But he knew Dez Bryant's age ?

37 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Tyrod might be the Browns best acquisition - guy gets it. 

He has tell Hue how to get the guys to work hard (“ show them on film”). I’ve seen HS practices run better than they are running things in Cleveland. 

44 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Started off making Corey look like he was f’ing everything up. He asked why he was running with the second team, and said if y’all don’t want to play me, just trade me.

He’s running with the 3rd team here.