Am I the only one who has confidence in our WR's?

Our receivers should be better than last year, and we made the playoffs with them. They are not a good unit, but if this team fails to make the playoffs I feel it will be the OLine's (running game) regression that will be responsible.

19 hours ago, THE SLAMMER said:

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who love Neil Diamond and those that don't....

Wrong.  Everyone loves Neil Diamond.

2 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Our receivers should be better than last year, and we made the playoffs with them. They are not a good unit, but if this team fails to make the playoffs I feel it will be the OLine's (running game) regression that will be responsible.

Personally I dont think there is a question whether or not Kelvin is a good player....the only questions there are health.

imo the bills were really dissapointed in Zay Jones first year because they thought they were getting a huge mitt large catch radius fly paper hands receiver.....and then he was not that in his first year.   They def should not give up on him though.

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Wrong.  Everyone loves Neil Diamond.

Love on the rocks...aint no big suprise

13 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Or it could be our last QB did make an impact on winning. Maybe not the best passer, but other qualities that helped the team win. If we get a guy that throws better, but does not make the same plays with his legs, turns the ball over more, etc that could lead to more losses. 

And back to the point of this thread. The WR group did not make it easy on Tyrod and will not make it easy on the our next guy. 

Edited by ngbills

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Personally I dont think there is a question whether or not Kelvin is a good player....the only questions there are health.

imo the bills were really dissapointed in Zay Jones first year because they thought they were getting a huge mitt large catch radius fly paper hands receiver.....and then he was not that in his first year.   They def should not give up on him though.

Love on the rocks...aint no big suprise

Huge mitts? Are you just making this stuff up? He has 9 inch hands. Julio is over 10, Diggs is 10, Jordy is 10, Benjamin is 10.25, Landry 10.25, Beckham 10.

If anything Zay’s hands are closer to the minimum.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Huge mitts? Are you just making this stuff up? He has 9 inch hands. Julio is over 10, Diggs is 10, Jordy is 10, Benjamin is 10.25, Landry 10.25, Beckham 10.

If anything Zay’s hands are closer to the minimum.

When I mean huge mitts I am not talking literally......just that he caught everything thrown his way in college.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When I mean huge mitts I am not talking literally......just that he caught everything thrown his way in college.

Struggles to separate, Limited burst, thin frame, struggles to get a clean release. All from Lance Zierlein on his scouting report prior to the draft.

Lance slammed him saying if he didn’t improve speed wise he won’t be much more than WR depth.

Add small hands to the mix and a guy that runs like he is swimming on dry land. I have seen higher ceilings in The Shire.

Just now, Commonsense said:

Struggles to separate, Limited burst, thin frame, struggles to get a clean release. All from Lance Zierlein on his scouting report prior to the draft.

Lance slammed him saying if he didn’t improve speed wise he won’t be much more than WR depth.

Add small hands to the mix and a guy that runs like he is swimming on dry land. I have seen higher ceilings in The Shire.

Once again....people need to remember what we were supposed to be getting in Zay.

He wasnt a speed guy...he was a guy that made contested catches which if he can find again definately has a place on this team (I think he is more of slot guy though)

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Once again....people need to remember what we were supposed to be getting in Zay.

He wasnt a speed guy...he was a guy that made contested catches which if he can find again definately has a place on this team (I think he is more of slot guy though)

They traded up in the second round and drafted a guy with Day 3 talent. If you are moving up that early in the draft for a WR he needs to have potential to be at least a number 2. He would struggle being a better slot option than Kerley who was drafted in the 5th round. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He wasnt a speed guy...he was a guy that made contested catches

Not really. He played against small school competition and was schemed open most of the time. Also caught a lot of screens. I really think the Bills just whiffed badly on Zay. Even if he reaches his ceiling he'll be a #3 receiver. He has no elite traits at all. His college WR coach was our WR coach so we reached for him.

There are some interesting prospects, but outside of KB, no one really proven.  I'm in a wait and see mode, as Daboll's offense and a QB who can see the middle of the field could change things, as you noted in the OP.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not really. He played against small school competition and was schemed open most of the time. Also caught a lot of screens. I really think the Bills just whiffed badly on Zay. Even if he reaches his ceiling he'll be a #3 receiver. He has no elite traits at all. His college WR coach was our WR coach so we reached for him.

This is my concern.  And he lacks the mental makeup to overcome his limited talent - he's a soft clown.  He's got some Maybin to him.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

the other "receivers" who I think will step up are Logan Thomas and Nick O'Leary. I know they are TE but we forgot to mention them in the passing game. Both these guys showed a lot of improvement with Tyrod throwing. Imagine once Allen starts spreading the field with quick decisions and that rocket arm. These guys in the seams with those big bodies and catch radius can do some damage. 

1 hour ago, TPS said:

There are some interesting prospects, but outside of KB, no one really proven.  I'm in a wait and see mode, as Daboll's offense and a QB who can see the middle of the field could change things, as you noted in the OP.

I feel the same way.  Odds are the WR group will be in the lower ranks but we all have to wait and see how they will be used.

With some luck they can be average.

Edited by ColoradoBills

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Another in a long string of awful trade-ups for this team.  It was a panic move, and a mistake.  Let’s hope Allen and Edmunds are different.

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

Another in a long string of awful trade-ups for this team.  It was a panic move, and a mistake.  Let’s hope Allen and Edmunds are different.

I admittedly liked the Zay deal. In hindsight Ju-Ju would have been a better pick. I’m not ready to give up on Zay but will be surprised if his career matches Ju-Ju’s.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

They traded up in the second round and drafted a guy with Day 3 talent. If you are moving up that early in the draft for a WR he needs to have potential to be at least a number 2. He would struggle being a better slot option than Kerley who was drafted in the 5th round. 

day 3 talent...omg

very glad you are not the GM of this team

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

yes Dawkins has been aweful

• Like (+1) 1