Coming to Buffalo - Bears Game 4th November

On 5/17/2018 at 7:25 AM, BritBill said:

Hello All,

I'm starting to plan a trip to Buffalo from the UK for the game versus Chicago on 4th November. 

I plan on it being a short trip - Saturday to Monday so my time in Buffalo will be limited sadly. I'll be looking at staying in downtown Buffalo. Please can somebody tell me the best way to get from downtown out to Orchard Park and back on game day?

Also, any suggestions on where to get a huge plate of wings, fries and a beer on the Saturday night would be greatly appreciated. 

Take Plenzmd’s advice.  Very knowledgeable of the area. Come with him to the tailgate party. 

• Like (+1) 1

Stay downtown at the new Marriot, avoid the Adams Mark. That used to be the high end hotel downtown, but not anymore. You're only here a short time, so Uber is probably better than dealing with a rental car. You can Uber up to Niagara Falls on the American side, then walk over the Rainbow Bridge to the Canadian side (with your passport obviously). If you want to eat at the 716 restaurant, do call ahead seating. We made the mistake of not doing that and it was the night before a game, two hours we were told to get a seat. 

On 5/17/2018 at 8:39 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Welcome mate!

I’m not sure why you’d want to stay downtown. It’s not like London (which I’ve been to many times). You’ll need a car to get around WNY anyway so I’d stay closer to the airport in Amherst by the big UB Campus from where you can hit Duffs for wings, Ted’s Hot Dogs, take the expressway north to see Niagara Falls, and south for the Bills game, and yet easily head back to the airport.

Dude... You're on one. Stay if Amherst? Stop it. He's not shopping for real estate or raising kids here.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, SoCal Deek said:

No, the point was that you need a car to really get around in WNY.  Therefore you don't need to stay downtown.  As someone said earlier, there isn't public transportation in the Buffalo area, so you might as well stay wherever you can park a rental car, be close to the expressway, and then you can get around and see all of the sights in the Niagara Frontier. (If our UK visitor is coming from London, they'll be more used to taking The Tube or Trains to get around...that isn't an option in WNY.)  I cannot imagine coming all the way from England and returning home without seeing Niagara Falls, even if only for a few minutes.  Those that live in WNY (like I did many years ago) don't think of it as a international attraction, but the Falls are far more sight-worthy than the 'Canal' District.

If you're in Buffalo for two nights and you're spending what he's spending on airfare do you really want to stay in some crap hotel in Amherst by the airport where everything shuts down early? If he's going to rent a car and drive himself... The !@#$ is the point of being in Amherst? You're giving awful advice.

I don't know the nature of what he plans to do. If you plan on not drinking, and you don't care about the night life, then sure, stay in Amherst. If you want to go out and see the town and the falls, but not planning on drinking, stay downtown. 

If you're planning on drinking and not wanting to worry about driving stay down town and just uber. I'm not sure how that works with international data plans, but Amherst sounds like somewhere I would absolutely not reccomend to someone right off the bat.

That's awful advice in my opinion.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:28 AM, SoCal Deek said:

If I’m coming from London, I’m not sure I want to spend my limited amount of time in a bar (pub) in Buffalo.  But that’s just me!  Sheeesh

Your posts are so bad in this thread... and the way you put on talking about how you've been to London and wrongly assuming he's from London just pile on.

Just stop. You're not impressive. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B