Off to Jamaica I go ??

Was there twice awhile back, stayed at supposed 5* RIU in Negril both times, resort was very nice and new.

Fully stocked bar in room, good food, could go to other RIU resorts. Workers unfriendly, beach was so-so, drugs plentiful.

Advised to not go off resort on our own back then by cab driver. Twice was enough. Heard it's gotten worse, much like Cancun has.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Been there twice. Negril and was married in Montevideo Bay. 

we’re leaving for St Lucia this Sunday morning. 

We went to St Lucia last year..lovely island.

If you need transport to or from hotel to airport, or need a driver to tool you around and do the sights, we used an excellent service ..Marc's Taxi. Way cheaper than anything arranged through the hotel, and much better. A family run operation, just a couple of guys that are native and know the island inside and out. Here is my review in tripadvisor. His contact info is in there. I recommended him to a few people we met at our hotel, they all loved him as well.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147345-d8868658-r508975510-Marc_s_Taxi_Service_and_Tours_St_Lucia-Soufriere_Soufriere_Quarter_St_Lucia.html

We arrived on a Sunday and grocery stores were all closed, Clyde our driver knew right where to take us to load up on beer before getting to the hotel(yep, I am cheap) Even came in the little bar with me to make sure I was getting charged same for beers as everyone else..service you just dont get with a hotel shuttle etc. 

You can use just like an Uber too. Just let him know when your dinner reservations are, what restaurant..and he will be sure to get you there on time. He was about 1/2 the cost of the cars the hotel would have booked for same trip.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

We went to St Lucia last year..lovely island.

If you need transport to or from hotel to airport, or need a driver to tool you around and do the sights, we used an excellent service ..Marc's Taxi. Way cheaper than anything arranged through the hotel, and much better. A family run operation, just a couple of guys that are native and know the island inside and out. Here is my review in tripadvisor. His contact info is in there. I recommended him to a few people we met at our hotel, they all loved him as well.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147345-d8868658-r508975510-Marc_s_Taxi_Service_and_Tours_St_Lucia-Soufriere_Soufriere_Quarter_St_Lucia.html

We arrived on a Sunday and grocery stores were all closed, Clyde our driver knew right where to take us to load up on beer before getting to the hotel(yep, I am cheap) Even came in the little bar with me to make sure I was getting charged same for beers as everyone else..service you just dont get with a hotel shuttle etc. 

You can use just like an Uber too. Just let him know when your dinner reservations are, what restaurant..and he will be sure to get you there on time. He was about 1/2 the cost of the cars the hotel would have booked for same trip.

Thanks. We’re staying at an all inclusive so I don’t see us needing to go off resort much unless we’re doing any excursions and the ride always leaves from the resort.

But thank you and I will keep this in mind 

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Must be nice. ?

You are always invited to join us on these trips Fergy. Anytime you want. 

Were olanning in 2 days in Miami in December for the Bills game and then another 5 days somewhere in the Caribbean or a cruise. 

Then Aruba in february 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Topless beaches and herb, what's not to love?

Oh I love Jamaica.  We did our honeymoon at an all-inclusive in Negril.  I was amazed that I was able to purchase a bag of herb the size of a pillow case for $40 before I even left the airport.  The most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.  The best was waking up in the morning, rolling up a huge doober, and having coffee and fresh fruit out on the balcony.  Amazing.

• Like (+1) 2

And I don't think it was over a year ago CGF was sailing the Mediterranean in luxury! Mix in a couple Caribean excursions and god knows how many NFL road trips. It's good to be CGF!!?

Edited by Dante
  • Thank you (+1) 1