Jump to content
Rebel101

AJ Mccarron shouldn't be slept on (dont think its been posted yet)

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2018 at 4:05 PM, reddogblitz said:

Brett FAvre  couldn't beat out Chris Chandler btw.

 

My nomination for "Psycho-Chicken?" moment of the week

 

When were Brett Favre and Chris Chandler on the same team?

Favre:  college ball at Southern Miss, 1 season with Atlanta 1991, then GB

Chandler: college ball at U Washington, Atlanta 1997-2001, never played for GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Bills brass did a nice job bringing in 2 QBs that have great potential.  One is clearly physically gifted. The other definitely knows how to win though not as gifted physically.  There is a good chance that both of these guys can compete at a high level in the NFL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

My nomination for "Psycho-Chicken?" moment of the week

 

When were Brett Favre and Chris Chandler on the same team?

Favre:  college ball at Southern Miss, 1 season with Atlanta 1991, then GB

Chandler: college ball at U Washington, Atlanta 1997-2001, never played for GB

It was Chris miller. Maybe he just got his chris’ mixed up???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

My nomination for "Psycho-Chicken?" moment of the week

 

When were Brett Favre and Chris Chandler on the same team?

Favre:  college ball at Southern Miss, 1 season with Atlanta 1991, then GB

Chandler: college ball at U Washington, Atlanta 1997-2001, never played for GB

 

Sorry, I meant Chris Miller. Wrong Chris. Thanks for the correction and the Psycho-Chicken?" award . I deserved it. :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rockinon said:

I think the Bills brass did a nice job bringing in 2 QBs that have great potential.  One is clearly physically gifted. The other definitely knows how to win though not as gifted physically.  There is a good chance that both of these guys can compete at a high level in the NFL.

 

There is nearly no chance both can. We have an ok chance one can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

He got them.....Chris-Crossed

 

 

Happens to me all the time.

 

What was really bad is Favre couldn't beat out Billie Joe Tolliver

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

 

Sorry, I meant Chris Miller. Wrong Chris. Thanks for the correction and the Psycho-Chicken?" award . I deserved it. :)

 

' Winner-winner psycho chicken dinner?'

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

 

There is nearly no chance both can. We have an ok chance one can. 

Oh, don't be such a stuffed shirt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Oh, don't be such a stuffed shirt.

 

Sorry, sorry....

 

of the 15 or so good QBs at any given time, odds are both the last free agent to fall AND the 3rd qb taken will be in that group, leaving just 13 to go around the league ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 9:30 PM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Nobody outside of Buffalo is excited about McCarron. He got 2 offers in free agency. Me, being the homer that I am, I think he could be a steal. But realistically he’s probably not going to do much

 

Who was the other offer from? I don't think I caught that in the news during free agency frenzy. 

 

And I don't think anybody is sleeping on the kid. He bet on himself to land a nice contract and a starting gig somewhere but ended up being one of the last available QBs to be signed. That tells me that teams around the league haven't really changed their value on him. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

 

Who was the other offer from? I don't think I caught that in the news during free agency frenzy. 

 

And I don't think anybody is sleeping on the kid. He bet on himself to land a nice contract and a starting gig somewhere but ended up being one of the last available QBs to be signed. That tells me that teams around the league haven't really changed their value on him. 

 

 

I had read that New England offered him a contract. But obviously he wouldn’t have a chance to start there...

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/conflicting-reports-of-patriots-interest-in-aj-mccarron-as-tom-bradys-backup/amp/

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I had read that New England offered him a contract. But obviously he wouldn’t have a chance to start there...

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/conflicting-reports-of-patriots-interest-in-aj-mccarron-as-tom-bradys-backup/amp/

Are you sure? From what I read on TBD he's a super star in waiting. Brady can't play forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills Today: Why fans should be excited for the QB competition   

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-Why-fans-should-be-excited-for-the-QB-competition/70bf0a3c-82bd-4c16-9863-da58f9de44e6

 

When the Bills traded Tyrod Taylor in March, Beane made it clear that the Bills wanted a QB that would become a franchise player. For Bleacher Report, the competition at the QB spot is a great way for the Bills to pick out that player, and it is something fans should be excited about.

 

So kudos to the Bills for getting a third-round pick in exchange for Taylor in March before moving on to a pair of intriguing young passing options. They got good value later that month for AJ McCarron. And then they craftily moved up in the draft to add physical marvel Josh Allen with the No. 7 overall pick.

 

McCarron's making just $5 million a year, and Allen is considered a long-term project, so there isn't much pressure on either signal-caller right now. The Bills would surely love to get back to the playoffs, but this isn't a Super Bowl-caliber team at the moment. The silver lining is that the Bills and their fans will get to spend this season assessing two high-potential fresh faces at the game's most important position.

 

and more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Allen is ready opening day, but I think that McCarron is capable of taking us to the playoffs if the offensive line plays decently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×