Rebel101

AJ Mccarron shouldn't be slept on (dont think its been posted yet)

23 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Temper your expects bro.

Nope, Beane and McDermott have this thing turned around. This team is going to surprise everyone this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vincec said:

Honestly, they'll be lucky if he's as good a Tyrod Taylor was.

And with a weakened offensive line, a below average receiving corp and a new OC with a poor history as an NFL OC... well you see the concern. They're going to need the defense to carry them.

30th in passing.... the Bills will be seriously unlucky if McCarron cannot best Tyrod Taylor as a QB

• Like 1

I would love for AJ to put up some numbers. Although I’m expecting this to be a bottom 5 offense from a talent standpoint. Receivers are bad. Offensive line questionable. 

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I will be happy with a QB that doesn’t make mistakes and throws accurately when given time and doesn’t lose games we drafted Alan to be that QB that eventually could put a team on his shoulders and win let’s give him some time though

I could live with that as well

Posted (edited)

I actually like sleeping... So i'm fine with anything involving sleeping...

I also like surprises, who doesn't like surprises? It always struck me as odd, people who say they don't like surprises. I feel like they always say that to try to induce someone into surprising them. They're like that annoying person who keeps reminding you when their birthday is coming up. I'm not getting you anything, get over it. I might not even wish you a happy birthday. In the absence of wishing a happy birthday, am I wishing a bad one? No. But these selfish people just interpret that as such, I just don't care. Have as good of a birthday as you desire. Back to the surprise thing though, it's awful. 

No one actually dislikes surprises. Perhaps they dislike what they are surprised with, but surprise just in itself is a good thing. Who complains about being surprised with some steak, wings, pizza, a beer, whatever, a good game. Surprised by the 2017 Bills making the playoffs, no one is mad at those surprises. 

My roommates dog ***** in the house, yea that's not a good surprise. But it's the fact that it's dog **** surprising me that makes me not like it, not that I'm surprised by it. If the dog texted me and gave me a heads up I wouldn't be any happier about it.

So in the end, Sleeping on McCarron seems like the most likely route to my happiness. I don't get let down, I sleep, and I'm right. Or I get a nice surprise... 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I am perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays, starting McCarrot for at least two years and developing Allen on the bench.  

I don’t believe you. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

He stated he is "perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays."  If you want to believe poor play is an approach to achieve the best results... well, like I said, to each their own!  

these things are easy to say in May.

Would love to end up with a Drew Brees / Philip Rivers situation, with the difference being that we can trade AJ for a haul  as he's under contract next year...

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

30th in passing.... the Bills will be seriously unlucky if McCarron cannot best Tyrod Taylor as a QB

You’re not factoring in Taylor’s ability to make plays with his feet and avoid turnovers.  I know it’s a low bar, but I’d be surprised if McCarron as a total package is better than Taylor.

Edited by vincec
  • Like 1

the bills lost their 3 best O-lineman

TT extended a lot of plays with his legs

lookout beloooooooowwwwwww

• Like 2

at least the Bills have an elite kicker 

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I am perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays, starting McCarrot for at least two years and developing Allen on the bench.  

Exactly. Let him develop on the Practice Squad for a year or so. 

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I’m not 100% on this, but if we put Allen on the practice squad I’m pretty sure another team could sign him to their roster

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m not 100% on this, but if we put Allen on the practice squad I’m pretty sure another team could sign him to their roster

He’s already signed by us. But if some other team does sign him, we could get a pretty good compensatory pick I reckon. 

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

He’s already signed by us. But if some other team does sign him, we could get a pretty good compensatory pick I reckon. 

Oh yeah he’s gotta be worth a 5th round compensatory pick for sure

13 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think you are correct.

If he's on the actual "practice squad" then they can take him.

I just watched this Youtube video containing McCarron's days at Alabama and based on this is obvious that McCarron IS THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK WHO EVER LIVED.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I just watched this Youtube video containing McCarron's days at Alabama and based on this is obvious that McCarron IS THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK WHO EVER LIVED.

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I’d be shocked if McCarron threw less than 67 TDs this season...

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Tim Tebow

2× BCS national champion (2006, 2008)
2× SEC champion (2006, 2008)
2× SEC Player of the Year (2008, 2009)
Manning Award (2008)
2× Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
Heisman Trophy (2007)
Davey O'Brien Award (2007)[1]
AP Player of the Year (2007)[2]
Sporting News Player of the Year (2007)
2× First-team All-American (2007, 2008)
Second-team All-American (2009)
3× First-team All-SEC (2007–2009)

College awards are meaningless.

6 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’d be shocked if McCarron threw less than 67 TDs this season...

Does that include pick-6 towards the TD total?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

67 tds O interceptions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I've been saying this since before the draft.  I was happy that we didn't get trigger happy with the overpriced QBs during FA and we landed a cheap one that's actually better than what people think.  I firmly believe that Cincy heavily invested in Dalton, which is why AJ never saw the field as much.  Now that we've got him, Allen won't see the field at all this year.  And by the end of the season, we're gonna be dealt with a good QB situation.

That's not what our FO appears to be telegraphing.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Tim Tebow

2× BCS national champion (2006, 2008)
2× SEC champion (2006, 2008)
2× SEC Player of the Year (2008, 2009)
Manning Award (2008)
2× Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
Heisman Trophy (2007)
Davey O'Brien Award (2007)[1]
AP Player of the Year (2007)[2]
Sporting News Player of the Year (2007)
2× First-team All-American (2007, 2008)
Second-team All-American (2009)
3× First-team All-SEC (2007–2009)

College awards are meaningless.

Tebow has more playoff wins than any Bills QB playing for Buffalo in the last 17 years or so.

Tebow and McCarron don't have the same QB style at all. It's an unfair comparison.

Edited by Sky Diver

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I see what you did here