Rebel101

AJ Mccarron shouldn't be slept on (dont think its been posted yet)

55 minutes ago, Mango said:

Hopefully at least twice as good as Cardale Jones 

Only one ring though. AJM has two. Not a fluke.

I’d rather just shake his hand, if that’s OK.....

26 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I have as well I've actually wrote a similar post about 2 weeks ago about how he is going to give the job up easily

He has made some great plays and has never had an offense built around him he has all the tools needed he is a competitor and he knows the NFL

Last year he had offers and he was only going somewhere that he had a chance to start he didnt want to be a backup because I read an article a month or so ago that the patriots tried to sign him as well

I just didn't see a potential starting QB. I thought he would be better based on stuff I read.

Honestly, they'll be lucky if he's as good a Tyrod Taylor was.

And with a weakened offensive line, a below average receiving corp and a new OC with a poor history as an NFL OC... well you see the concern. They're going to need the defense to carry them.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I just didn't see a potential starting QB. I thought he would be better based on stuff I read.

Based off the stuff you read this I thought you watched every game?

46 minutes ago, Lfod said:

It's another team backup QB on the cheap. Round 2. I have no doubt the guy has talent but is it enough to cement a starting spot in Buffalo? If not for Buffalo what team is he starting for? A non hot commodity scooped up after everybody else. A lot of people were sleeping on him. 

I'm all in favor of AJ as a bridge and if he happens to rise above expectations and secure his place all the better. Until then my expectations are kinda low. I'm just hoping we can be competitive with him at the wheel with a strong defense.

Wake me up when AJ has dominant performances obliterating opponents defense. 

I will just settle for wins I don’t need dominating performance

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, vincec said:

Honestly, they'll be lucky if he's as good a Tyrod Taylor was.

And with a weakened offensive line, a below average receiving corp and a new OC with a poor history as an NFL OC... well you see the concern. They're going to need the defense to carry them.

good then.  Our defense is going to be fierce this year.  

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes. I thought he would be better based on stuff I read. I didn't watch anything on him as a Bengal until after he signed in Buffalo.

15 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

good then.  Our defense is going to be fierce this year.  

I think they will easily be top ten, maybe better if they can just get some consistent pass rush.

I think AJ will be in a battle with Peterman to be the backup.  It’s becoming increasingly difficult for me to imagine anyone but Allen starting day one.  I think he runs away with the job.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I'll be happy with every win. Especially because of the circumstances AJ was brought in. If AJ is hungry to be more then just a backup I respect that and I'll be rooting for him.

I just don't think he solidifies his place in the starting role if the chains are not moving. Tyrod had good games to. It's because of the stalled games he's not the unquestioned starter. AJ will have to do better if he is serious about it. 

That's my only advice for him. You wanna be the unquestioned starter and have job security then do better then the last guy. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

AJ is a bridge quarterback. Unfortunately, it's one of those bridges made out of rope, for one person, and everyone who crosses one thinks they are going to die on. 

1) What is your name?

2) What is your quest?

3) What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?

• Like 2

I’m hoping we have a Brees and Rivers situation. I would love to get a first round pick for McCarron.

1 hour ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

Can't argue with a man who sets and lives by low standards.  To each their own!

That's not low standards. It's a different idea about how the best results will be obtained.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

AJ is a bridge quarterback. Unfortunately, it's one of those bridges made out of rope, for one person, and everyone who crosses one thinks they are going to die on. 

Probably the best assessment of seen. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

As a backup, if you just avoid disaster, you are considered to have potential. He really didn’t do a ton, but he avoided a meltdown...

but he really didnt do a lot.

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's not low standards. It's a different idea about how the best results will be obtained.

He stated he is "perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays."  If you want to believe poor play is an approach to achieve the best results... well, like I said, to each their own!  

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I am perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays, starting McCarrot for at least two years and developing Allen on the bench.  

Tell that to the season ticket holders.

25 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

1) What is your name?

2) What is your quest?

Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color? 

Wait, I think I may have done that wrong..... but Buddy will just get some snow balls chucked at him. 

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tell that to the season ticket holders.

I don’t have seasons, but if he needs time I’m glad tossing in most or all of a season if it’s best in the long run. My eye is looking more down the road, but I get the frustration. This is why we pay big bucks....to guys who could get canned at any time. Time will tell if they were right on the choice, and how it turns out. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

He stated he is "perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays."  If you want to believe poor play is an approach to achieve the best results... well, like I said, to each their own!  

He would be happy no matter how poorly McCarron plays because he thinks how well McCarron plays is highly unimportant. As do I. 

What's important is how well Allen is developed. 

Poor play by a guy who has no future with the club (if he plays poorly) is of very little importance, and yeah, keeping him out there anyway might well lead to the best long-term results for the Bills. 

Again, it ain't low standards. It's different priorities and different expectations about what will bring the best results down the road.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

I’m hoping we have a Brees and Rivers situation. I would love to get a first round pick for McCarron.

Temper your expects bro.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Temper your expects bro.

I will be happy with a QB that doesn’t make mistakes and throws accurately when given time and doesn’t lose games we drafted Alan to be that QB that eventually could put a team on his shoulders and win let’s give him some time though

• Like 1

AJ was brought here not so much to start as to establish the Bills 2018 QB floor. He should edge Nate. The question is where will Allen fit. It’s a competition like Beane says.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

1) What is your name?

2) What is your quest?

African or European?

I believe that the Bills offense will be far better then what most believe.  AJ will be a better pocket QB, will make on-time throws and has enough movement skills to buy time and make a few plays with his legs.

The offensive line is going to be better with a new style of play and better coaching.  

The wide receivers are going to improve with a healthy Benjamin and Zay Jones and the new additions.

My expectations for AJ are 3500 yards passing with 22 TD's and 10 Ints, 61% completion rate.

• Like 2