AJ Mccarron shouldn't be slept on (dont think its been posted yet)

5 hours ago, Rockinon said:

I think the Bills brass did a nice job bringing in 2 QBs that have great potential.  One is clearly physically gifted. The other definitely knows how to win though not as gifted physically.  There is a good chance that both of these guys can compete at a high level in the NFL.

There is nearly no chance both can. We have an ok chance one can. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He got them.....Chris-Crossed

Happens to me all the time.

What was really bad is Favre couldn't beat out Billie Joe Tolliver

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Sorry, I meant Chris Miller. Wrong Chris. Thanks for the correction and the Psycho-Chicken?" award . I deserved it. :)

' Winner-winner psycho chicken dinner?'

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Oh, don't be such a stuffed shirt.

Sorry, sorry....

of the 15 or so good QBs at any given time, odds are both the last free agent to fall AND the 3rd qb taken will be in that group, leaving just 13 to go around the league ;)

On 5/16/2018 at 9:30 PM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Nobody outside of Buffalo is excited about McCarron. He got 2 offers in free agency. Me, being the homer that I am, I think he could be a steal. But realistically he’s probably not going to do much

Who was the other offer from? I don't think I caught that in the news during free agency frenzy. 

And I don't think anybody is sleeping on the kid. He bet on himself to land a nice contract and a starting gig somewhere but ended up being one of the last available QBs to be signed. That tells me that teams around the league haven't really changed their value on him. 

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Who was the other offer from? I don't think I caught that in the news during free agency frenzy. 

And I don't think anybody is sleeping on the kid. He bet on himself to land a nice contract and a starting gig somewhere but ended up being one of the last available QBs to be signed. That tells me that teams around the league haven't really changed their value on him. 

I had read that New England offered him a contract. But obviously he wouldn’t have a chance to start there...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/conflicting-reports-of-patriots-interest-in-aj-mccarron-as-tom-bradys-backup/amp/

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

16 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I had read that New England offered him a contract. But obviously he wouldn’t have a chance to start there...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/conflicting-reports-of-patriots-interest-in-aj-mccarron-as-tom-bradys-backup/amp/

Are you sure? From what I read on TBD he's a super star in waiting. Brady can't play forever.

Bills Today: Why fans should be excited for the QB competition   

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-Why-fans-should-be-excited-for-the-QB-competition/70bf0a3c-82bd-4c16-9863-da58f9de44e6

When the Bills traded Tyrod Taylor in March, Beane made it clear that the Bills wanted a QB that would become a franchise player. For Bleacher Report, the competition at the QB spot is a great way for the Bills to pick out that player, and it is something fans should be excited about.

So kudos to the Bills for getting a third-round pick in exchange for Taylor in March before moving on to a pair of intriguing young passing options. They got good value later that month for AJ McCarron. And then they craftily moved up in the draft to add physical marvel Josh Allen with the No. 7 overall pick.

McCarron's making just $5 million a year, and Allen is considered a long-term project, so there isn't much pressure on either signal-caller right now. The Bills would surely love to get back to the playoffs, but this isn't a Super Bowl-caliber team at the moment. The silver lining is that the Bills and their fans will get to spend this season assessing two high-potential fresh faces at the game's most important position.

and more