AJ Mccarron shouldn't be slept on (dont think its been posted yet)

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m not 100% on this, but if we put Allen on the practice squad I’m pretty sure another team could sign him to their roster

He’s already signed by us. But if some other team does sign him, we could get a pretty good compensatory pick I reckon. 

13 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m not 100% on this, but if we put Allen on the practice squad I’m pretty sure another team could sign him to their roster

I think you are correct.

If he's on the actual "practice squad" then they can take him.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I just watched this Youtube video containing McCarron's days at Alabama and based on this is obvious that McCarron IS THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK WHO EVER LIVED.

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I just watched this Youtube video containing McCarron's days at Alabama and based on this is obvious that McCarron IS THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK WHO EVER LIVED.

I’d be shocked if McCarron threw less than 67 TDs this season...

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Tim Tebow

2× BCS national champion (2006, 2008)
2× SEC champion (2006, 2008)
2× SEC Player of the Year (2008, 2009)
Manning Award (2008)
2× Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
Heisman Trophy (2007)
Davey O'Brien Award (2007)[1]
AP Player of the Year (2007)[2]
Sporting News Player of the Year (2007)
2× First-team All-American (2007, 2008)
Second-team All-American (2009)
3× First-team All-SEC (2007–2009)

College awards are meaningless.

6 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’d be shocked if McCarron threw less than 67 TDs this season...

Does that include pick-6 towards the TD total?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I've been saying this since before the draft.  I was happy that we didn't get trigger happy with the overpriced QBs during FA and we landed a cheap one that's actually better than what people think.  I firmly believe that Cincy heavily invested in Dalton, which is why AJ never saw the field as much.  Now that we've got him, Allen won't see the field at all this year.  And by the end of the season, we're gonna be dealt with a good QB situation.

That's not what our FO appears to be telegraphing.

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Tim Tebow

2× BCS national champion (2006, 2008)
2× SEC champion (2006, 2008)
2× SEC Player of the Year (2008, 2009)
Manning Award (2008)
2× Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
Heisman Trophy (2007)
Davey O'Brien Award (2007)[1]
AP Player of the Year (2007)[2]
Sporting News Player of the Year (2007)
2× First-team All-American (2007, 2008)
Second-team All-American (2009)
3× First-team All-SEC (2007–2009)

College awards are meaningless.

Does that include pick-6 towards the TD total?

Tebow has more playoff wins than any Bills QB playing for Buffalo in the last 17 years or so.

Tebow and McCarron don't have the same QB style at all. It's an unfair comparison.

Edited by Sky Diver

Just now, Sky Diver said:

And how many with Allen and Peterman?

Peterman would be lucky to win 2 games. 

Allen I suspect wins a similar number to AJ in 2018 but I just think whatever year Allen starts his first games you are going to have to live with some inconsistency. Not sure putting it off to 2019 will make him that much more polished, though maybe it will.

Equally Allen is the one who if it does all come together can be a good starting Quarterback in this league. AJ can be a Brian Hoyer.... he will have some moments where he starts and looks capable and others where he doesn't. Firmly in the "top end backup" category for me. 

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Tebow has more playoff wins than any Bills QB playing for Buffalo in the last 17 years or so.

Tebow and McCarron don't have the same QB style at all. It's an unfair comparison.

1) you used college awards as an argument that McCarron is a good NFL QB

2) SouthNY used another QB who earned college awards to make the point college awards do not have a strong correlation to NFL success

3) that would appear relevant to the argument you offered that McCarron is good because, college awards and honors.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1) you used college awards as an argument that McCarron is a good NFL QB

2) SouthNY used another QB who earned college awards to make the point college awards do not have a strong correlation to NFL success

3) that would appear relevant to the argument you offered that McCarron is good because, college awards and honors.

Tebow won awards primarily on his ability to run, McCarron won awards based on his ability to pass. Pocket passers are far more likely to have NFL success than running quarterbacks. Therefore, I don not think it is a fair comparison.