AJ Mccarron shouldn't be slept on (dont think its been posted yet)

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's not low standards. It's a different idea about how the best results will be obtained.

He stated he is "perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays."  If you want to believe poor play is an approach to achieve the best results... well, like I said, to each their own!  

25 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

1) What is your name?

2) What is your quest?

3) What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?

Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color? 

Wait, I think I may have done that wrong..... but Buddy will just get some snow balls chucked at him. 

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tell that to the season ticket holders.

I don’t have seasons, but if he needs time I’m glad tossing in most or all of a season if it’s best in the long run. My eye is looking more down the road, but I get the frustration. This is why we pay big bucks....to guys who could get canned at any time. Time will tell if they were right on the choice, and how it turns out. 

1 hour ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

He stated he is "perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays."  If you want to believe poor play is an approach to achieve the best results... well, like I said, to each their own!  

He would be happy no matter how poorly McCarron plays because he thinks how well McCarron plays is highly unimportant. As do I. 

What's important is how well Allen is developed. 

Poor play by a guy who has no future with the club (if he plays poorly) is of very little importance, and yeah, keeping him out there anyway might well lead to the best long-term results for the Bills. 

Again, it ain't low standards. It's different priorities and different expectations about what will bring the best results down the road.

Edited by Thurman#1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, billspro said:

I’m hoping we have a Brees and Rivers situation. I would love to get a first round pick for McCarron.

Temper your expects bro.

3 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Temper your expects bro.

I will be happy with a QB that doesn’t make mistakes and throws accurately when given time and doesn’t lose games we drafted Alan to be that QB that eventually could put a team on his shoulders and win let’s give him some time though

• Like (+1) 1

I believe that the Bills offense will be far better then what most believe.  AJ will be a better pocket QB, will make on-time throws and has enough movement skills to buy time and make a few plays with his legs.

The offensive line is going to be better with a new style of play and better coaching.  

The wide receivers are going to improve with a healthy Benjamin and Zay Jones and the new additions.

My expectations for AJ are 3500 yards passing with 22 TD's and 10 Ints, 61% completion rate.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, vincec said:

Honestly, they'll be lucky if he's as good a Tyrod Taylor was.

And with a weakened offensive line, a below average receiving corp and a new OC with a poor history as an NFL OC... well you see the concern. They're going to need the defense to carry them.

30th in passing.... the Bills will be seriously unlucky if McCarron cannot best Tyrod Taylor as a QB

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I will be happy with a QB that doesn’t make mistakes and throws accurately when given time and doesn’t lose games we drafted Alan to be that QB that eventually could put a team on his shoulders and win let’s give him some time though

I could live with that as well

I actually like sleeping... So i'm fine with anything involving sleeping...

I also like surprises, who doesn't like surprises? It always struck me as odd, people who say they don't like surprises. I feel like they always say that to try to induce someone into surprising them. They're like that annoying person who keeps reminding you when their birthday is coming up. I'm not getting you anything, get over it. I might not even wish you a happy birthday. In the absence of wishing a happy birthday, am I wishing a bad one? No. But these selfish people just interpret that as such, I just don't care. Have as good of a birthday as you desire. Back to the surprise thing though, it's awful. 

No one actually dislikes surprises. Perhaps they dislike what they are surprised with, but surprise just in itself is a good thing. Who complains about being surprised with some steak, wings, pizza, a beer, whatever, a good game. Surprised by the 2017 Bills making the playoffs, no one is mad at those surprises. 

My roommates dog ***** in the house, yea that's not a good surprise. But it's the fact that it's dog **** surprising me that makes me not like it, not that I'm surprised by it. If the dog texted me and gave me a heads up I wouldn't be any happier about it.

So in the end, Sleeping on McCarron seems like the most likely route to my happiness. I don't get let down, I sleep, and I'm right. Or I get a nice surprise... 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I am perfectly happy, no matter how poorly he plays, starting McCarrot for at least two years and developing Allen on the bench.  

I don’t believe you. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

these things are easy to say in May.

20 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

30th in passing.... the Bills will be seriously unlucky if McCarron cannot best Tyrod Taylor as a QB

You’re not factoring in Taylor’s ability to make plays with his feet and avoid turnovers.  I know it’s a low bar, but I’d be surprised if McCarron as a total package is better than Taylor.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1