AJ Mccarron shouldn't be slept on (dont think its been posted yet)

I don't understand why it's pretty much considered a given that McCarron is a better option than Peterman.  Two guys who were similarly rated coming out of college, and have done nothing in the NFL.  McCarron has just done nothing over a much longer period of time.

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

I've been saying all along that mccarron will not be a stop gap quarterback and we will have a real quarterback controversy!

I have as well I've actually wrote a similar post about 2 weeks ago about how he is going to give the job up easily

49 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Watched all his games. He's not impressive at all. 

He has made some great plays and has never had an offense built around him he has all the tools needed he is a competitor and he knows the NFL

16 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Nobody outside of Buffalo is excited about McCarron. He got 2 offers in free agency. Me, being the homer that I am, I think he could be a steal. But realistically he’s probably not going to do much

Last year he had offers and he was only going somewhere that he had a chance to start he didnt want to be a backup because I read an article a month or so ago that the patriots tried to sign him as well

I have no choice but to get behind McCarron being a capable starter... the front office drafted Josh Allen to be our QB. McCarron is our only hope. Sad situation but it's realistic... we need McCarron to be good this year

13 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I have no choice but to get behind McCarron being a capable starter... the front office drafted Josh Allen to be our QB. McCarron is our only hope. Sad situation but it's realistic... we need McCarron to be good this year

Oh my god.... dude.... just stop. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I have as well I've actually wrote a similar post about 2 weeks ago about how he is going to give the job up easily

He has made some great plays and has never had an offense built around him he has all the tools needed he is a competitor and he knows the NFL

Last year he had offers and he was only going somewhere that he had a chance to start he didnt want to be a backup because I read an article a month or so ago that the patriots tried to sign him as well

I just didn't see a potential starting QB. I thought he would be better based on stuff I read.

Honestly, they'll be lucky if he's as good a Tyrod Taylor was.

And with a weakened offensive line, a below average receiving corp and a new OC with a poor history as an NFL OC... well you see the concern. They're going to need the defense to carry them.

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I just didn't see a potential starting QB. I thought he would be better based on stuff I read.

Based off the stuff you read this I thought you watched every game?

46 minutes ago, Lfod said:

It's another team backup QB on the cheap. Round 2. I have no doubt the guy has talent but is it enough to cement a starting spot in Buffalo? If not for Buffalo what team is he starting for? A non hot commodity scooped up after everybody else. A lot of people were sleeping on him. 

I'm all in favor of AJ as a bridge and if he happens to rise above expectations and secure his place all the better. Until then my expectations are kinda low. I'm just hoping we can be competitive with him at the wheel with a strong defense.

Wake me up when AJ has dominant performances obliterating opponents defense. 

I will just settle for wins I don’t need dominating performance

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, vincec said:

Honestly, they'll be lucky if he's as good a Tyrod Taylor was.

And with a weakened offensive line, a below average receiving corp and a new OC with a poor history as an NFL OC... well you see the concern. They're going to need the defense to carry them.

good then.  Our defense is going to be fierce this year.  

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes. I thought he would be better based on stuff I read. I didn't watch anything on him as a Bengal until after he signed in Buffalo.

15 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

good then.  Our defense is going to be fierce this year.  

I think they will easily be top ten, maybe better if they can just get some consistent pass rush.

44 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I'll be happy with every win. Especially because of the circumstances AJ was brought in. If AJ is hungry to be more then just a backup I respect that and I'll be rooting for him.

I just don't think he solidifies his place in the starting role if the chains are not moving. Tyrod had good games to. It's because of the stalled games he's not the unquestioned starter. AJ will have to do better if he is serious about it. 

That's my only advice for him. You wanna be the unquestioned starter and have job security then do better then the last guy. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

AJ is a bridge quarterback. Unfortunately, it's one of those bridges made out of rope, for one person, and everyone who crosses one thinks they are going to die on. 

1) What is your name?

2) What is your quest?

3) What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

Can't argue with a man who sets and lives by low standards.  To each their own!

That's not low standards. It's a different idea about how the best results will be obtained.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

AJ is a bridge quarterback. Unfortunately, it's one of those bridges made out of rope, for one person, and everyone who crosses one thinks they are going to die on. 

Probably the best assessment of seen. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

As a backup, if you just avoid disaster, you are considered to have potential. He really didn’t do a ton, but he avoided a meltdown...

but he really didnt do a lot.