What Do YOU Remember about Thurman Thomas?

Running over Bryan Cox on a crucial 3rd and 1 to allow the Bills to run out the clock and win the game.

The AFC championship game against the Chiefs. His best rushing game ever IMO. He was amazing that game.

• Like (+1) 3

Before a big Dolphin game  Ralph was  walking among the players during warmups, Thurman was so pumped up he was screaming in Ralph's face and gave him such hard handslaps it's a miracle Ralph didn't keel over. Then Thurman went out and dominated the game. Loved his enthusiasm for the game

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The running and the catching was great......but did he ever miss picking up a blitz???

You just hit the trifecta ... running the ball, catching the ball, blocking on pass plays when that was his job ... THURMAN DID IT ALL !!!

#34 should never be worn by a Bills player ever again.

• Like (+1) 1

Watching two rabid linebackers swiftly closing the hole from opposite sides and thinking "oh no, that squatty body is never going to make it through now" and suddenly TT turning sideways and somehow squirting through for an extra 15 yards.

To the OP’s question; everything.

His very first carry in the ‘88 Opener vs Minnesota, he hit the line off Hull’s butt, bounced sideways through the LBs until they dragged him down after an 8 yard gain. It would become his signature play for 12 years, repeated hundreds of times.

His last carry with the Dolphins? Slashing off the right side for a sideways 8 yard gain.

Brilliant player. Kudos to the Bills for this fantastic gesture.

#SquattyBody 

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

You just hit the trifecta ... running the ball, catching the ball, blocking on pass plays when that was his job ... THURMAN DID IT ALL !!!

#34 should never be worn by a Bills player ever again.

If only he could keep better track of his helmet! I was at the Redskins SB and he wasn’t in the backfield on the first play. I was sure we were doing something very clever - but it was the opposite....   ?

• Like (+1) 1

I was at this game and will never forget how hard TT ran in that game.  We win the game, we win the East.  If Miami wins, they win the East.  What a game.  I remember the fans rushing onto the field in celebration, tearing down the goal posts on the tunnel end, and seeing one of the uprights make its way over the top of the visitor's side upper deck.

Thurman was main attraction for a local stores grand opening near me a few years back, I was 3rd in line (Thanks to a great wife who waited for 4 hours, while I was at work, God bless her), Thurman was almost an hour late. He blamed his driver and joked about hiring new driver lol.. Great personality and all around stand up guy (let alone player).

One of the first (maybe the first, I can't remember) to take the snap directly from the center and go through the 'A' gap.  No opposing defense was able to stop him from ripping off a big chunk of yardage.

An absolutely true story:  Ten years ago, I got lost and somehow ended up on a rural stretch of road in Colden, NY.

Initially stubborn about admitting that I was lost, I drove around in circles for awhile, thinking I'll get my bearings straightened out eventually. Only when the needle on my gas gauge touched "E", I had little choice but to seek help, and told myself first house I see I'll stop and ask someone for help.

After climbing a steep incline, I noticed a house on my left. Drove down into the steeped driveway, where several vehicles sat together a couple of first downs from the house. Knocked on the door, and guess who answers? I kid you not, No. 34, took me less than a few seconds to realize it was him out of uniform.

Stood there trying not to show I was Star-struck. Not only did he help me point old "Betsy" into the right direction, he took the time to honor my on the spot request for an autograph for my young kids.

A Class Act.

You always know a man's true colors when the cameras aren't rolling, and he has nothing to gain, yet conducts himself with class. Congratulations!, Mr. Thomas on the retirement of your jersey.

• Like (+1) 3