Laurel or Yanny

Team Laurel or Team Yanny  

46 members have voted

1. 1. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/science/yanny-laurel.html

I was Laurel all the way...my wife was Yanny.  Using the slider I could hear Yanny slightly past center.  My wife couldn't hear Laurel until it was moved all the way over.

When I first heard this (on YouTube) it was Yanny all the way. Yet I was watching it from my tv and their speakers, than I tried it on my cell phone with headphones this morning and it started as Yanny and moved to Laurel. Now this time on my pc with computer speakers I heard Laurel until the last bar I finally got Yanny. 

Now I played it for my wife and clearly hear Laurel.  She hears Yanny. Daughter heard Yanny. Son, Laurel.  Same phone, volume.  Different time of day, you hear the upper or lower?  I clearly hear Laurel, have to move right to get Yanny.

Again, keeping listening... Hear both.

5 hours ago, eball said:

I was Laurel all the way...my wife was Yanny.  Using the slider I could hear Yanny slightly past center.  My wife couldn't hear Laurel until it was moved all the way over.

That's how it was for us right now.

But I was Yanny all the way yesterday.

19 hours ago, ricojes said:

Phone is Yanny and computer is Laurel for me...

The top hat scene at 10 is GOAT, concepts haven't improved much in 100 years  :(

The poet Swinburne was infuriated that they couldn't find his top hat as he was leaving his club, so he rushed into the cloak room and set 10 top hats on the floor and jumped onto 3 before his valet informed him he didn't bring his top hat that evening to the club.

The word is definitely laurel and that's the last I wanna !@#$in hear about this.?:pirate:

I should mention I have played in a loud band for many years.?

Edited by Turk71

On 5/16/2018 at 1:48 PM, The Poojer said:

My son and I are sitting 10 feet away and he heard Yanny and I just looked at him as if he was f***ing with me.  He swears he hears Yanny.  NYTimes has a tool that you can slide a resonance bar left and right to hear when it changes.  I made it almost all the way to the left before I heard yanny

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Ok my wife hears Yanny and I hear Laurel.  WTF????  That freaks me out.  

I hear Covefe.  ?