BadLandsMeanie

The NFL Needs A Parental Advisory For The Music They Use

Is a Parental Advisory a reasonable Idea?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Pick The appropriate answer in the category based on If you are a Parent or not. Yes or No to Parental Advisory

• I am a Parent - Yes to a Parental advisory
    • I am a Parent - No to a Parental advisory
    • Yes to a Parental advisory
    • No to a Parental advisory

Posted (edited)

The Bills train horn is worse than the music... 

Edited by Hurricane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You really think school shooters are killing people over rap lyrics?!? You think school shooters think the same was as rappers?!? Below is an actual school shooter and one of the most famous rappers in the world. I’m not sure if you are serious or not? 

AE70112C-60D6-41E0-A794-F2078762346D.jpeg

8F8BFFB0-73E8-49EB-8383-DC3046F32E91.jpeg

That white kid has some bars though... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That white kid has some bars though... 

He looks like the kid from Bates Motel..

4 hours ago, Gigs said:

This thread is about as white as a mayonnaise sandwich with extra mayo. People like you have always existed: Elvis is too sexual, the Beatles are too druggie, rock and roll is too loud. 

Better go send the Bills a useless telegram about your feelings, pops

That's racist.

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You are so ready with your pre-made, canned, tired, accusation that you can't even read.

I'll help you. Here is what i said "

Eagles couldn't take it. Seemed to think it was disrespectful when I asked them "Do you (then quoted the song) Got foreign B word blanking, blanking, blanking, and blanking?

For some reason when I said it to THEM, they thought it was disrespectful or something and they blocked me. Go figure."

So, through the miracle of reading what I wrote. You can see that what I said was about the Eagles.

As it happens it was directed to Jeff Lurie and the coach in particular.

Are you fixing to call me and Eagle-ist? An anti Feathered-American bigot? An antiiEgg extremist?

And by the way, the guy in your avatar is dirt.

Um, wow, this really escalated pretty quickly. Unsure how that happened. 

Thought it was a fair question given this statement (which you removed from your quote)

“Also, for me as a person, they want to sing those words to me, they better be prepared to hear me say them back.”

Apologies. I should have said “they”.

I guess my question still stands. Who is the “they” that you feel the need to read lyrics too, and then have “them” be ok with it? And what are the lyrics (them) they should be prepared to hear you say? 

I’m very unsure if this is whole thing is a quote from something else I missed. Or how you were somewhere speaking to Jeff Lurie, and he blocked you? 

• Like 2

Just now, Hurricane said:

He looks like the kid from Bates Motel..

Had to google it, I see it though

BTW great name and avy...

I think this is much a do about nothing. 

An old guy noticed some lyrics from a song being played at a game over 3 months ago... 

It was so offensive he never noticed it at the time and went right over his head... But now he finally caught up, and he is outraged and he wants to make sure you all know about it. And the NFL better do something about this damn offensive music that was so inoffensive he never even noticed it in real time.

https://clyp.it/ivdfukqu?token=84085e46d78f23db36c8e408bf21b99d

5 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hi everyone,

I think the NFL needs to have a Parent’s Advisory for the music they play at games and in their videos.

It was just the other day at 157 Riverside Avenue, wait no it was here, It was just the other day (random REO Speedwagon reference) on the board here when I says I liked the new Bills promo video that wppete posted. And then Buffalo716 tips me off about the lyrics. Then I looked and I was VERY surprised how foul the words are.

So I figured it must have slipped by the Bills brass because like me, what do they know about the youngster’s rap music? J

Well, turns out it didn’t slip by them. They know. I am finding out that there is lots of it. I have been sifting through what I can find out about teams but it seems like every team is doing this.

And I went from being very surprised to being very, very, angry. Because the teams don’t tell anybody. There is no advisory. These players are heroes to kids. Parents and grandparents should be informed so we can make a choice. Or so we can talk to the kids about it. I can’t be the only clueless poor little fool am I? Who had NO idea?

I would have expected to be told. They violated trust I had in them.

Back in February I’m sitting with my Superbowl snacks a clueless dopey idiot watching the intros and the Eagles come out this. Went right over my head.

It turns out this was their theme song this year.

Here are the lyrics. Advisory! I would get kicked off the board if I posted like this. Don’t read them if you are sensitive to degenerate language and thoughts. They are very bad.

https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/28243545/Meek+Mill/Dreams+and+Nightmares

I know rap lyrics can be bad. I just expected they weren’t playing the bad ones at games with kids around and all.

There is even a video of the Eagles Owner Jeff Lurie dancing to this song, ….with a kid at a Sixers game!!

All the songs I have found so far are the same. Here’s the outline.

1)   I came up from nothing.

2)   I am cool and I am special

3)   I kill anyone who gets in my way with a gun.

4)   Advertisements through mentioning specific guns.

5)   Various descriptions of women and sex, some in code, always degrading and not ONE TIME have I seen the words woman or girl used to describe females.

6)   Descriptions of how I turn the females to use drugs or into prostitutes.

7)   I use drugs

😎 I have all kinds of fancy cars and jewelry and expensive alcohol and clothes. Which means I am a success

9)   Advertisement by mentioning specific luxury cars and goods.

So that is the outline of all of these sort of songs. Give or take it is 3 things. They kill many people by shooting them, vile references to women, and then the expensive items they have.

I think they can play or listen to whatever music they want to.

But they have an obligation to have a Parental Advisory like you find on the records themselves for crying out loud.

I wouldn’t have expected to have to tell the NFL this.

Am I the only guy on the planet who didn’t know?

I'm curious how you figured this out all by yourself...yet you still think the NFL needs to tell you how to protect your kids from it.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Had to google it, I see it though

BTW great name and avy...

I think this is much a do about nothing. 

An old guy noticed some lyrics from a song being played at a game over 3 months ago... 

It was so offensive he never noticed it at the time and went right over his head... But now he finally caught up, and he is outraged and he wants to make sure you all know about it. And the NFL better do something about this damn offensive music that was so inoffensive he never even noticed it in real time.

https://clyp.it/ivdfukqu?token=84085e46d78f23db36c8e408bf21b99d

Same to you.... Wu tang fan also...   I listen to the old rap.... new stuff is bad and easy to tune out.. Especially watching a football game..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Thank you very much BE. That Coolio song has to be one the best rap songs ever. Plus it lets me know at least one person sees it my way.

It is also a good song for me to listen to right now.

I guess Me N Coolio are the same sort of fellow. B-)

Image result for nope gif

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

Same to you.... Wu tang fan also...   I listen to the old rap.... new stuff is bad and easy to tune out.. Especially watching a football game..

Shaolin baby.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Thank you for the back story, I appreciate it.

It isn't just that one song. What I am finding is there so far  isn't a single team I have looked at that doesn't use this stuff. That is another part of what has put me on the warpath about it.

And they are so full of *blank* so much of the role model BS and Christian values coaches . I don't mind somebody being a scumbag as much as I mind them being a scumbag but pretending to be this faith based role model. All these supposed Christians.

Well Jesus' first miracle wasn't The Miracle of the hoes and the bitches.  <----- This is my tagline I will be using I think 😁

They are liars. And McDermott is as FOS as the rest of them if he goes along with this crap.

So they will be hearing their words back from me. And also some comparing and contrasting of the PR stuff they say about females friendly workplaces and respect and all that horse **** when they play music that treats women in that way in the lyrics.

I have to ask...what kind of music do you listen to?

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Shaolin baby.

The RZA... The GZA, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Inspectah Deck... Raekwon the Chef, U-God, Ghostface Killah and....

Method Man

Not to hijack this thread, actually, no I'm completely fine with hijacking this thread with some Wu. My original name on here, which I never got cleared was supposed to be Big Baby Jesus... Which is what Dirt McGert actually called himself on his solo stuff.... If you want offensive, or just to listen to some different stuff... Go check out N word please... It's hilarious

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He doesn't listen to music... The way people move to the rhythms bring out... temptations to sin

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

Um, wow, this really escalated pretty quickly. Unsure how that happened. 

Thought it was a fair question given this statement (which you removed from your quote)

“Also, for me as a person, they want to sing those words to me, they better be prepared to hear me say them back.”

Apologies. I should have said “they”.

I guess my question still stands. Who is the “they” that you feel the need to read lyrics too, and then have “them” be ok with it? And what are the lyrics (them) they should be prepared to hear you say? 

I’m very unsure if this is whole thing is a quote from something else I missed. Or how you were somewhere speaking to Jeff Lurie, and he blocked you? 

Is he doing the whole tired, boring, if black people can say the N word in a song then I can say it to them thing?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Image result for nope gif

Come on, it's got Michelle Pfeiffer in it! 

Chop that down

Pass it all around

Lyrics get hard

Quick cement to the ground

For any MC

In any fifty-two states

I gets psycho killer

Norman Bates

33 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The RZA... The GZA, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Inspectah Deck... Raekwon the Chef, U-God, Ghostface Killah and....

Method Man

Not to hijack this thread, actually, no I'm completely fine with hijacking this thread with some Wu. My original name on here, which I never got cleared was supposed to be Big Baby Jesus... Which is what Dirt McGert actually called himself on his solo stuff.... If you want offensive, or just to listen to some different stuff... Go check out N word please... It's hilarious

Picked up The Osirus Mixtape double LP, so damn good.

”Dirty Run” is pure lyrical brilliance dripped all over a Bowie sample. Wasn’t too into Wu Tang at their peak, but I started to really dig their stuff in retrospect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Chop that down

Pass it all around

Lyrics get hard

For any MC

In any fifty-two states

I gets psycho killer

Norman Bates

Song automatically stuck in my head now..... Good ****... 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Chop that down

Pass it all around

Lyrics get hard

For any MC

In any fifty-two states

I gets psycho killer

Norman Bates

Picked up The Osirus Mixtape double LP, so damn good.

”Dirty Run” is pure lyrical brilliance dripped all over a Bowie sample. Wasn’t too into Wu Tang at their peak, but I started to really dig their stuff in retrospect.

Haven't seen that mixtape, checking it out now.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You really think school shooters are killing people over rap lyrics?!? You think school shooters think the same was as rappers?!? Below is an actual school shooter and one of the most famous rappers in the world. I’m not sure if you are serious or not? 

AE70112C-60D6-41E0-A794-F2078762346D.jpeg

8F8BFFB0-73E8-49EB-8383-DC3046F32E91.jpeg

You gonna just leave us hanging like that??

Posted (edited)

Can I just add that I think these new dangled video games are dangerous too?!

Plumbers eatin’ shrooms and jumping on turtles til they die?!

Next thing you know kids are stomping turtles for fun. What’s next, frogs? What’s the world coming to? 

For real tho, when I’m old enough to be bothered by the way everyone younger than me does things I’m going to keep my mouth shut. Is there anything more lame and cliche than old people telling everyone else how wrong they are? 

You think theyd know better since the same exact thing happened to them. I mean, is wisdom truly wasted on the aged? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Method Man

He doesn't listen to music... The way people move to the rhythms bring out... temptations to sin

Is he doing the whole tired, boring, if black people can say the N word in a song then I can say it to them thing?

I got my wife into Wu Tang a couple years ago.

The loves method man's stuff.

I've been on a Nas kick lately too.

Lmao at all the Coolio fans on here 😂😂😂😂

Drake would light Coolio up.    

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I got my wife into Wu Tang a couple years ago.

The loves method man's stuff.

I've been on a Nas kick lately too.

Love Nas... His whole catalogue is listenable to me... Even the stuff everyone hates on... Best concert I ever went to was at Williamsburg waterfront in Brooklynn... Him and Damian Marley, have you listened to Distant Relatives?... So underrated and unknown. I've bought the CD three times because I kept wearing it out and ruining it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

The kind with music in it? 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Love Nas... His whole catalogue is listenable to me... Even the stuff everyone hates on... Best concert I ever went to was at Williamsburg waterfront in Brooklynn... Him and Damian Marley, have you listened to Distant Relatives?... So underrated and unknown. I've bought the CD three times because I kept wearing it out and ruining it

Great album.

My wife loves Marley.

Im a Kanye fan too.

The guy is literally a lunatic genius in regards to music and such.

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

The kind with music in it? 

Translation: "if I don't like it, then it's not really music"

Go yell at a cloud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Great album.

My wife loves Marley.

Im a Kanye fan too.

Ick... the word genius is handed out far too frequently these days.

If one of these entertainers were truly genius’ believe me we’d know. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Great album.

My wife loves Marley.

Im a Kanye fan too.

I used to be a big Kanye fan... I'm not huge on him anymore though, I do respect him musically though even though I think he gets more credit than is deserved. 

I really haven't like much of what he has done since 808's and heartbreak and beyond... Now someone who I think is great that I think is forgotten about, Andre 3000. His half of the last real Outkast album, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is something I don't think you get from a rapper often at all. I think he took musical chances on that album. Outkast is another one of my favorites, even though Big Boi is washed and Andre refuses to record music. I respect it though.

I think Andre is what Childish Gambino is going for, really not that much of a fan of his.  Red Bone was alright, but that "This Is America" song people have been raving about... really isn't all that special in my opinion. It's actually pretty lame and offers little that's new. The video is more creative than the song.

• Like 1