Jump to content
BadLandsMeanie

The NFL Needs A Parental Advisory For The Music They Use

Is a Parental Advisory a reasonable Idea?  

93 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick The appropriate answer in the category based on If you are a Parent or not. Yes or No to Parental Advisory

    • I am a Parent - Yes to a Parental advisory
    • I am a Parent - No to a Parental advisory
    • Yes to a Parental advisory
    • No to a Parental advisory


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

 

I guess we ain't concerned about the kids who get shot to death every day on the city streets? Like every, single, freaking day. an dteh babies in the crossfire.

 

But we got a mystery where they get the ideas to act like that? Why they think its cool?

 

It isn't stupid to suggest that advertising and public culture influences people. Quite the opposite. It is what drives our economy.

 

Anyway you can see in your quote there, the words I wrote, "I don't know if it is related or not". What do they mean to you that you would the ask me if "really think school shooters are killing people over rap lyrics?!?"

What did my sentence mean to you that you would them write that to me? How could you derive the meaning that you took, from what I had written? I don't understand it and it happens over and over and over on the board here.

 

Help me understand.

My original point was that we should be more concerned with school safety than curse words in lyrics. You said that they think the EXACT same way. You obviously haven’t listened to a lot of rap lyrics if you think in anyway they talk about mass shootings.

 

I think that gang violence is a different animal. I would agree that many rap lyrics talk about life in the streets. It’s from their own experience. They grew up in that environment and discuss it. At the same time, I don’t know how many of you are raising your kids in that environment. If you are I guess that the rap lyrics are speaking to them. That isn’t a concern for the overwhelming majority of kids.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I really can't comment without taking it to far down the rabbit hole. I would have to to link several references to Baphomet symbology in music and how the artist use these symbols in the music and videos to indoctrinate the fans. 

 

So I will just say good luck in your endeavors.

 

 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You really think school shooters are killing people over rap lyrics?!? You think school shooters think the same was as rappers?!? Below is an actual school shooter and one of the most famous rappers in the world. I’m not sure if you are serious or not? 

 

AE70112C-60D6-41E0-A794-F2078762346D.jpeg

8F8BFFB0-73E8-49EB-8383-DC3046F32E91.jpeg

Top one,white nice guy. Probably good at science and math. College bound, I bet

 

Bottom one, bet he is in a gang or works outside a lot because that flannel. But, by working outside only because his dreads - I bet it's selling drugs!  And those tattoos, totally scary.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

 

I guess we ain't concerned about the kids who get shot to death every day on the city streets? Like every, single, freaking day. And the babies in the crossfire.

 

But we got a mystery where they get the ideas to act like that? Why they think its cool?

 

It isn't stupid to suggest that advertising and public culture influences people. Quite the opposite. It is what drives our economy.

 

Anyway you can see in your quote there, the words I wrote, "I don't know if it is related or not". What do they mean to you that you would the ask me if "really think school shooters are killing people over rap lyrics?!?"

What did my sentence mean to you that you would then write that to me? How could you derive the meaning that you took, from what I had written? I don't understand it and it happens over and over and over on the board here.

 

Help me understand.

 

Gangs and killing in the streets existed before rap music.

I guess prohibition era gangsters, the Italian mob, the Russian mob, Chinese triad, Yakuza, and others all existed because of rap music, huh?

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My original point was that we should be more concerned with school safety than curse words in lyrics. You said that they think the EXACT same way. You obviously haven’t listened to a lot of rap lyrics if you think in anyway they talk about mass shootings.

 

I think that gang violence is a different animal. I would agree that many rap lyrics talk about life in the streets. It’s from their own experience. They grew up in that environment and discuss it. At the same time, I don’t know how many of you are raising your kids in that environment. If you are I guess that the rap lyrics are speaking to them. That isn’t a concern for the overwhelming majority of kids.

 

Yep.

Tupac talked a lot about it and how vicious the cycle was of wanting to get out, but seeing that you could get money for your family, etc by gangbanging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even think modern rap is "evil" or whatever, I just think it's terrible music.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hi everyone,

I think the NFL needs to have a Parent’s Advisory for the music they play at games and in their videos.

 

It was just the other day at 157 Riverside Avenue, wait no it was here, It was just the other day (random REO Speedwagon reference) on the board here when I says I liked the new Bills promo video that wppete posted. And then Buffalo716 tips me off about the lyrics. Then I looked and I was VERY surprised how foul the words are.

 

So I figured it must have slipped by the Bills brass because like me, what do they know about the youngster’s rap music? J

Well, turns out it didn’t slip by them. They know. I am finding out that there is lots of it. I have been sifting through what I can find out about teams but it seems like every team is doing this.

 

And I went from being very surprised to being very, very, angry. Because the teams don’t tell anybody. There is no advisory. These players are heroes to kids. Parents and grandparents should be informed so we can make a choice. Or so we can talk to the kids about it. I can’t be the only clueless poor little fool am I? Who had NO idea?

 

I would have expected to be told. They violated trust I had in them.

 

Back in February I’m sitting with my Superbowl snacks a clueless dopey idiot watching the intros and the Eagles come out this. Went right over my head.

 

 

It's something the league really needs to watch... These lyrics shouldn't be offered for mass consumption.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They usually bleep out the bad stuff, right? I'm fine with that. There's bad stuff in the world. My kids are going to be exposed to it whether I like it or not. Music is pretty far down on the list of things I feel the need to protect my kids from. Much bigger problems to tackle.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I don't even think modern rap is "evil" or whatever, I just think it's terrible music.

Yep, it hasn’t been good in a while. There is some talent like J. Cole & Kendrick Lamar but in general it has been terrible for a decade. You have garbage like Migos and Cardi B. everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Rap died with Tupac. 

 

Compare this:

 

To this:

 

 

Not entirely true.  It's the same for country.  Some folks with all the money dictate what gets played.  Lupe fiasco has a song about it to. "Dumb it down."

 

Basically he was told if he doesn't write songs about that same crap it won't get put on the radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, it hasn’t been good in a while. There is some talent like J. Cole & Kendrick Lamar but in general it has been terrible for a decade. You have garbage like Migos and Cardi B. everywhere. 

I am proud to admit I do not know one of her songs and have never heard it unless it was on accident. But my time is spent on 8, 36, 37, 58, 59, 61, and 73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, it hasn’t been good in a while. There is some talent like J. Cole & Kendrick Lamar but in general it has been terrible for a decade. You have garbage like Migos and Cardi B. everywhere. 

New rap sucks. When I put on a rock station the majority of stuff they play is from the 90’s. Anyone I know that likes country all say that new country sucks.

 

So I ask, who makes good music anymore!!!? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Commonsense said:

New rap sucks. When I put on a rock station the majority of stuff they play is from the 90’s. Anyone I know that likes country all say that new country sucks.

 

So I ask, who makes good music anymore!!!? 

Lil Windex is the best rapper alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lfod said:

Lil Windex is the best rapper alive. 

Is that really a rapper?  There is some goofball calling himself french montanna!

 

Why any man would want to be known as lil anything is curious to me.  I don't get most rap and while I see artistic ability in someone like Eminem I think he's as big of joke as his Detroit brother kid rock.  Which, who wants to be called kid anything?  

 

If I had a rap name if be lil kid boy π/9-33,®®®®

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hi everyone,

I think the NFL needs to have a Parent’s Advisory for the music they play at games and in their videos.

 

It was just the other day at 157 Riverside Avenue, wait no it was here, It was just the other day (random REO Speedwagon reference) on the board here when I says I liked the new Bills promo video that wppete posted. And then Buffalo716 tips me off about the lyrics. Then I looked and I was VERY surprised how foul the words are.

 

So I figured it must have slipped by the Bills brass because like me, what do they know about the youngster’s rap music? J

Well, turns out it didn’t slip by them. They know. I am finding out that there is lots of it. I have been sifting through what I can find out about teams but it seems like every team is doing this.

 

And I went from being very surprised to being very, very, angry. Because the teams don’t tell anybody. There is no advisory. These players are heroes to kids. Parents and grandparents should be informed so we can make a choice. Or so we can talk to the kids about it. I can’t be the only clueless poor little fool am I? Who had NO idea?

 

I would have expected to be told. They violated trust I had in them.

 

Back in February I’m sitting with my Superbowl snacks a clueless dopey idiot watching the intros and the Eagles come out this. Went right over my head.

 

 

It turns out this was their theme song this year.

 

Here are the lyrics. Advisory! I would get kicked off the board if I posted like this. Don’t read them if you are sensitive to degenerate language and thoughts. They are very bad.

https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/28243545/Meek+Mill/Dreams+and+Nightmares

 

I know rap lyrics can be bad. I just expected they weren’t playing the bad ones at games with kids around and all.

There is even a video of the Eagles Owner Jeff Lurie dancing to this song, ….with a kid at a Sixers game!!

 

All the songs I have found so far are the same. Here’s the outline.

 

1)   I came up from nothing.

2)   I am cool and I am special

3)   I kill anyone who gets in my way with a gun.

4)   Advertisements through mentioning specific guns.

5)   Various descriptions of women and sex, some in code, always degrading and not ONE TIME have I seen the words woman or girl used to describe females.

6)   Descriptions of how I turn the females to use drugs or into prostitutes.

7)   I use drugs

😎 I have all kinds of fancy cars and jewelry and expensive alcohol and clothes. Which means I am a success

9)   Advertisement by mentioning specific luxury cars and goods.

 

So that is the outline of all of these sort of songs. Give or take it is 3 things. They kill many people by shooting them, vile references to women, and then the expensive items they have.

I think they can play or listen to whatever music they want to.

But they have an obligation to have a Parental Advisory like you find on the records themselves for crying out loud.

 

I wouldn’t have expected to have to tell the NFL this.

 

Am I the only guy on the planet who didn’t know?

 

 

 

You sound like Tipper Gore lol.  Just out of curiosity do you also get worked up by various references to violence and "Lucifer" that some segments of metal (mostly white performers and audiences) cook up?

 

Not much of a rap fan myself either ... mostly too many gangster wannabes celebrating the excesses of power while demonstrating no respect for the responsibilities power brings.

 

In my experience, however,  people who get specifically bent out of shape about rap are usually ... how to say ... culturally myopic.

 

40 year old music executives have long sold expressions of teen angst, violence, resentment, and sexuality to self indulgent  buyers.

 

The real story here is not the Bills playing this popular music ..... but that it is so popular in the first place.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Lil Windex is the best rapper alive. 

I just gave him a YouTube watch. I’d rather watch Froggy Fresh I found his act funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lfod said:

I really can't comment without taking it to far down the rabbit hole. I would have to to link several references to Baphomet symbology in music and how the artist use these symbols in the music and videos to indoctrinate the fans. 

 

So I will just say good luck in your endeavors.

 

 

Thank you Lfod. That gave me the willies, but thanks.

It gives me another framework to try and understand this.

I have been viewing it as a corporate mind set based phenomenon to drive the sale of consumer goods, at any cost, to prove one's worth. Which is nothing new it is just a new means of doing it. But that is only one theory I have this other will be interesting to look at it that way too.

27 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

 

You sound like Tipper Gore lol.  Just out of curiosity do you also get worked up by various references to violence and "Lucifer" that some segments of metal (mostly white performers and audiences) cook up?

 

Not much of a rap fan myself either ... mostly too many gangster wannabes celebrating the excesses of power while demonstrating no respect for the responsibilities power brings.

 

In my experience, however,  people who get specifically bent out of shape about rap are usually ... how to say ... culturally myopic.

 

40 year old music executives have long sold expressions of teen angst, violence, resentment, and sexuality to self indulgent  buyers.

 

The real story here is not the Bills playing this popular music ..... but that it is so popular in the first place.

 

 

I don't know much about Tipper Gore or what she was objecting to specifically. I do know she was excoriated by some on the media.

 

But I'm pretty sure she wasn't a bastard. So I guess that will be the main difference between her, and how I am. She had money, power, a national voice, political connections, an organization, and an elite education.

 

But I am a BASTARD.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I just gave him a YouTube watch. I’d rather watch Froggy Fresh I found his act funny.

Thank you for checking it out lol. I also like Froggy Fresh. Oh and his song same old kids is actually kinda deep. Not all of Froggy Fresh stuff is comedy, the guy is actually talented. 

 

Lil Windex is stupid but I think that's the point...

 

Lil Toenail is another one that's real gangster but funny too. 

 

Oh and this Odd Squad. Kid has no arms but raps kinda fire.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I don't even think modern rap is "evil" or whatever, I just think it's terrible music.

 Well, I sure don't understand it as requiring skill or talent. I don't get it.

 

But I know plenty of people who listen to it. My one friend started laughing the minute I said "Meek Mills" at the game because she knew it had to be bad without me saying a word more. She knows the words. And I think extremely highly of her as a  person. I am not out to stomp out rap.

 

But, as I mentioned, people should have a choice if they want to have their kids around it or not. And they can't choose if they don't know.

 

Also, for me as a person, they want to sing those words to me, they better be prepared to hear me say them back.

 

Eagles couldn't take it. Seemed to think it was disrespectful when I asked them "Do you (then quoted the song) Got foreign B word blanking, blanking, blanking, and blanking?

 

For some reason when I said it to THEM, they thought it was disrespectful or something and they blocked me. Go figure.

 

 You say it to me I will say it to you. I wasn't put on Earth to grovel to these people. 

If I was at a Press conference that is EXACTLY what I would ask the owner or the coach. Because why shouldn't I?

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

 Well, I sure don't understand it as requiring skill or talent. I don't get it.

 

But I know plenty of people who listen to it. My one friend started laughing the minute I said "Meek Mills" at the game because she knew it had to be bad without me saying a word more. She knows the words. And I think extremely highly of her as a  person. I am not out to stomp out rap.

 

But, as I mentioned, people should have a choice if they want to have their kids around it or not. And they can't choose if they don't know.

 

Also, for me as a person, they want to sing those words to me, they better be prepared to hear me say them back.

 

Eagles couldn't take it. Seemed to think it was disrespectful when I asked them "Do you (then quoted the song) Got foreign B word blanking, blanking, blanking, and blanking?

 

For some reason when I said it to THEM, they thought it was disrespectful or something and they blocked me. Go figure.

 

 You say it to me I will say it to you. I wasn't put on Earth to grovel to these people. 

If I was at a Press conference that is EXACTLY what I would ask the owner or the coach. Because why shouldn't I?

Meek Mill sort of became a rallying point for Philadelphia. I don’t know how much you know about his story but he was thrown in jail for violating a probation from like 10 years earlier. He befriended Bob Kraft, Julius Erving, the guy that owns the 76ers, etc... There was a big movement to #freemeekmill. The guy from the 76ers actually sent a chopper to get him to the playoff game the day that he got released. At any rate, he’s a huge deal in Philly which is why they used his music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

 Well, I sure don't understand it as requiring skill or talent. I don't get it.

 

But I know plenty of people who listen to it. My one friend started laughing the minute I said "Meek Mills" at the game because she knew it had to be bad without me saying a word more. She knows the words. And I think extremely highly of her as a  person. I am not out to stomp out rap.

 

But, as I mentioned, people should have a choice if they want to have their kids around it or not. And they can't choose if they don't know.

 

Also, for me as a person, they want to sing those words to me, they better be prepared to hear me say them back.

 

Eagles couldn't take it. Seemed to think it was disrespectful when I asked them "Do you (then quoted the song) Got foreign B word blanking, blanking, blanking, and blanking?

 

For some reason when I said it to THEM, they thought it was disrespectful or something and they blocked me. Go figure.

 

 You say it to me I will say it to you. I wasn't put on Earth to grovel to these people. 

If I was at a Press conference that is EXACTLY what I would ask the owner or the coach. Because why shouldn't I?

 

Can we be more explicit as to who the “THEM” you speak of are?

 

Because it feels like we might be getting to the heart of the issue here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Meek Mill sort of became a rallying point for Philadelphia. I don’t know how much you know about his story but he was thrown in jail for violating a probation from like 10 years earlier. He befriended Bob Kraft, Julius Erving, the guy that owns the 76ers, etc... There was a big movement to #freemeekmill. The guy from the 76ers actually sent a chopper to get him to the playoff game the day that he got released. At any rate, he’s a huge deal in Philly which is why they used his music.

Thank you for the back story, I appreciate it.

 

It isn't just that one song. What I am finding is there so far  isn't a single team I have looked at that doesn't use this stuff. That is another part of what has put me on the warpath about it.

 

And they are so full of *blank* so much of the role model BS and Christian values coaches . I don't mind somebody being a scumbag as much as I mind them being a scumbag but pretending to be this faith based role model. All these supposed Christians.

 

Well Jesus' first miracle wasn't The Miracle of the hoes and the bitches.  <----- This is my tagline I will be using I think 😁

 

They are liars. And McDermott is as FOS as the rest of them if he goes along with this crap.

 

So they will be hearing their words back from me. And also some comparing and contrasting of the PR stuff they say about females friendly workplaces and respect and all that horse **** when they play music that treats women in that way in the lyrics.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, corta765 said:

I'm filling this under Old Man Yells At Cloud

Yup.  

 

Watching live games you hear stuff all the time that could warrant a "parental advisory" with the directional mics they have.

 

And the likelihood is that most kids have heard these words anyways by the time they are 7 anyways. 

 

That's the culture of the internet age now.  Everyone knows everything and are offended by it.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mango said:

 

Can we be more explicit as to who the “THEM” you speak of are?

 

Because it feels like we might be getting to the heart of the issue here. 

 You are so ready with your pre-made, canned, tired, accusation that you can't even read.

 

I'll help you. Here is what i said "

Eagles couldn't take it. Seemed to think it was disrespectful when I asked them "Do you (then quoted the song) Got foreign B word blanking, blanking, blanking, and blanking?

 

For some reason when I said it to THEM, they thought it was disrespectful or something and they blocked me. Go figure."

 

So, through the miracle of reading what I wrote. You can see that what I said was about the Eagles.

 

As it happens it was directed to Jeff Lurie and the coach in particular.

 

Are you fixing to call me and Eagle-ist? An anti Feathered-American bigot? An anti-Egg extremist?

 

And by the way, the guy in your avatar is dirt.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite of the many insane complaints from OP is the complaint that one of the rap themes is "I am cool and I am special".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yup.  

 

Watching live games you hear stuff all the time that could warrant a "parental advisory" with the directional mics they have.

 

And the likelihood is that most kids have heard these words anyways by the time they are 7 anyways. 

 

That's the culture of the internet age now.  Everyone knows everything and are offended by it.

 

 

Show me where I used the word "offended".

 

Reading is Fun-damental.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×