BadLandsMeanie

The NFL Needs A Parental Advisory For The Music They Use

Is a Parental Advisory a reasonable Idea?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Pick The appropriate answer in the category based on If you are a Parent or not. Yes or No to Parental Advisory

• I am a Parent - Yes to a Parental advisory
    • I am a Parent - No to a Parental advisory
    • Yes to a Parental advisory
    • No to a Parental advisory

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I think the NFL needs to have a Parent’s Advisory for the music they play at games and in their videos.

It was just the other day at 157 Riverside Avenue, wait no it was here, It was just the other day (random REO Speedwagon reference) on the board here when I says I liked the new Bills promo video that wppete posted. And then Buffalo716 tips me off about the lyrics. Then I looked and I was VERY surprised how foul the words are.

So I figured it must have slipped by the Bills brass because like me, what do they know about the youngster’s rap music? J

Well, turns out it didn’t slip by them. They know. I am finding out that there is lots of it. I have been sifting through what I can find out about teams but it seems like every team is doing this.

And I went from being very surprised to being very, very, angry. Because the teams don’t tell anybody. There is no advisory. These players are heroes to kids. Parents and grandparents should be informed so we can make a choice. Or so we can talk to the kids about it. I can’t be the only clueless poor little fool am I? Who had NO idea?

I would have expected to be told. They violated trust I had in them.

Back in February I’m sitting with my Superbowl snacks a clueless dopey idiot watching the intros and the Eagles come out this. Went right over my head.

It turns out this was their theme song this year.

Here are the lyrics. Advisory! I would get kicked off the board if I posted like this. Don’t read them if you are sensitive to degenerate language and thoughts. They are very bad.

https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/28243545/Meek+Mill/Dreams+and+Nightmares

I know rap lyrics can be bad. I just expected they weren’t playing the bad ones at games with kids around and all.

There is even a video of the Eagles Owner Jeff Lurie dancing to this song, ….with a kid at a Sixers game!!

All the songs I have found so far are the same. Here’s the outline.

1)   I came up from nothing.

2)   I am cool and I am special

3)   I kill anyone who gets in my way with a gun.

4)   Advertisements through mentioning specific guns.

5)   Various descriptions of women and sex, some in code, always degrading and not ONE TIME have I seen the words woman or girl used to describe females.

6)   Descriptions of how I turn the females to use drugs or into prostitutes.

7)   I use drugs

😎 I have all kinds of fancy cars and jewelry and expensive alcohol and clothes. Which means I am a success

9)   Advertisement by mentioning specific luxury cars and goods.

So that is the outline of all of these sort of songs. Give or take it is 3 things. They kill many people by shooting them, vile references to women, and then the expensive items they have.

I think they can play or listen to whatever music they want to.

But they have an obligation to have a Parental Advisory like you find on the records themselves for crying out loud.

I wouldn’t have expected to have to tell the NFL this.

Am I the only guy on the planet who didn’t know?

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Rap is dead.  The music is a joke. Between new country music and new rap there is a tie of the worse music ever and it's a snapshot to our culture.

Rap

1) insecure Drake lyrics trying to be tough about #feelings

2) make more money than you, more women, more baller

3) I'm awesome, you're not and I'm.going to make fun of you over and over again because I think I am amazing and really just insecure knowing I'll be a broke joke has-been in 4 years. (Ying yang twins, wassup?)

4) drugs, money, women

Country

1) pickup truck and country road with cheap beer and no responsibility because they're not a functioning adult

2) the same lyric, much like rap, over and over again

3) how they're great lovers and would treat you right but don't stand a chance because women want men with balls and you got none.

4) stalker level 9000 love for a woman out of their league.

And we can all agree, at least it's not Florida Georgia Line or the overrated Beyonce.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 4

Bring back good rock and roll....

I gave up on "popular music" in the 80s MTV gen..

I'm all about those jambands and 50s/60/70/s rock and roll, I also do love blue grass, blues, some jazz as well.

BUT I AGREE Country pop, rap and hip hop need to fade away.

Now there are some interesting new bands out there like Greta Van Fleet, so maybe there is hope

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm filling this under Old Man Yells At Cloud

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 13
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Here are the lyrics. Advisory! I would get kicked off the board if I posted like this. Don’t read them if you are sensitive to degenerate language and thoughts. They are very bad.

https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/28243545/Meek+Mill/Dreams+and+Nightmares

I know rap lyrics can be bad. I just expected they weren’t playing the bad ones at games with kids around and all.

There is even a video of the Eagles Owner Jeff Lurie dancing to this song, ….with a kid at a Sixers game!!

Well, they did cut out the bad words in that video. But I still get your point. 

Meek Mill.

Cause for the idiots in Philadelphia, no more, no less.

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Suck it up, snowflake. 

Wrong usage, you are docked 1 internet point. 

This is not a snowflake statement. This would be old bitter man, stay off my lawn ya damn kids statement.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Meek Mill.

Cause for the idiots in Philadelphia, no more, no less.

Didn't he play safety for us?

I don’t get the outrage? I don’t think you can possibly shield the children in the Internet age. Kids today are exposed to way more than they used to be. It hasn’t made kids any worse. It’s not a big deal IMO. I’d be much more concerned about what’s being done to protect kids from school shooters than I am about curse words.

• Like 3

'money for nothing and chicks for free' 

I'm more concerned with teams and owners like Bob Kraft cheating. than see an advisory

for music too children under 13. What these kids can witness live in the tailgates and stands

pales in comparision in terms of decency compared to outdated musical trends. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Well, they did cut out the bad words in that video. But I still get your point. 

Thank you. The thing is the kids will look up the songs. You can't get a better commercial for a song than that.

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t get the outrage? I don’t think you can possibly shield the children in the Internet age. Kids today are exposed to way more than they used to be. It hasn’t made kids any worse. It’s not a big deal IMO. I’d be much more concerned about what’s being done to protect kids from school shooters than I am about curse words.

I don't know if it is related or not but the school shooters think exactly the same way is the rappers in the songs do. 

Show me a school shooter who killing people to Taylor Swift. ☠️

• Like 1

The sad part is a lot of these 12-13 yr olds know these lyrics. We're moving into an unethical and immoral generation that could care less. The "me" generation. And it's only going to get worse. And more crazy #@%& will be tolerated.

• Like 3

This thread is about as white as a mayonnaise sandwich with extra mayo. People like you have always existed: Elvis is too sexual, the Beatles are too druggie, rock and roll is too loud. 

Better go send the Bills a useless telegram about your feelings, pops

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Thank you. The thing is the kids will look up the songs. You can't get a better commercial for a song than that.

I don't know if it is related or not but the school shooters think exactly the same way is the rappers in the songs do. 

Show me a school shooter who killing people to Taylor Swift. ☠️

You really think school shooters are killing people over rap lyrics?!? You think school shooters think the same was as rappers?!? Below is an actual school shooter and one of the most famous rappers in the world. I’m not sure if you are serious or not? 

AE70112C-60D6-41E0-A794-F2078762346D.jpeg

8F8BFFB0-73E8-49EB-8383-DC3046F32E91.jpeg

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Rap died with Tupac. 

Compare this:

To this:

Thank you very much BE. That Coolio song has to be one the best rap songs ever. Plus it lets me know at least one person sees it my way.

It is also a good song for me to listen to right now.

I guess Me N Coolio are the same sort of fellow. B-)

• Like 2

Lt. Steven Hauk: Furthermore, you are to stick to playing normal modes of music, not weird stuff. Those who we'd find acceptable here would include Lawrence Welk, Jim Nabors, Mantovani...

Adrian Cronauer: ...Percy Faith...

Lt. Steven Hauk: Percy Faith... good!... Andy Williams, Perry Como, and certain ballads by Mr. Frank Sinatra.

Adrian Cronauer: Would Bob Dylan be outta line?

Lt. Steven Hauk: Way, way outta line!

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You really think school shooters are killing people over rap lyrics?!? You think school shooters think the same was as rappers?!? I’m not sure if you are serious or not? 

AE70112C-60D6-41E0-A794-F2078762346D.jpeg

8F8BFFB0-73E8-49EB-8383-DC3046F32E91.jpeg

I guess we ain't concerned about the kids who get shot to death every day on the city streets? Like every, single, freaking day. And the babies in the crossfire.

But we got a mystery where they get the ideas to act like that? Why they think its cool?

It isn't stupid to suggest that advertising and public culture influences people. Quite the opposite. It is what drives our economy.

Anyway you can see in your quote there, the words I wrote, "I don't know if it is related or not". What do they mean to you that you would the ask me if "really think school shooters are killing people over rap lyrics?!?"

What did my sentence mean to you that you would then write that to me? How could you derive the meaning that you took, from what I had written? I don't understand it and it happens over and over and over on the board here.

Help me understand.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stop being offended by everything, it's not a good look. It's 2018 kids and athletes listen to rap music, old people don't like it. I'm sure your parents were big fans of the music you liked as a kid.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Meek Mill has deep ties to the Eagles and 76ers

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don't know...  

I really don't think lyrics to music have a huge bearing on upbringing and if a child will become a good citizen.  I grew up listening to music that had foul language and violence in it and I am a pretty successful person.  On that same front... I grew up shooting/killing people in video games and I don't reflect that in real life a a mid 30 year old.  I have 1 and soon to be 2 young children and I really couldn't care too much if there were a few swear words in the songs they listen to when they get older.

Comes down to parental supervision and general genetic makeup of a person (bio-psycho-social) not just lyrics, movies, pop culture, and video games.

Edited by TheBeane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jr1 said:

Meek Mill has deep ties to the Eagles and 76ers

And Robert Kraft lol

26 minutes ago, Gigs said:

This thread is about as white as a mayonnaise sandwich with extra mayo. People like you have always existed: Elvis is too sexual, the Beatles are too druggie, rock and roll is too loud. 

Better go send the Bills a useless telegram about your feelings, pops

What's the difference if I was white?

• Like 4