Brian Daboll’s Temper

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This thread is about something that happened almost 10 years ago when Daboll was 34.

I can not predict what kind of OC he will be for the Bill's but I am willing to wait until at least October to start judging.

I know, I'm boring about things like this.  LOL

October!? You're gonna wait until October!? That's the patience of Job around here where he gets the end of the first offensive series in the preseason.

October.

This guy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

October!? You're gonna wait until October!? That's the patience of Job around here where he gets the end of the first offensive series in the preseason.

October.

This guy. 

........patience of Job.  That made me laugh. 

Where is SaviorPeterman when you need him?  I'm sure he would be "concerned" by the end of OTAs.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

........patience of Job.  That made me laugh. 

Where is SaviorPeterman when you need him?  I'm sure he would be "concerned" by the end of OTAs.

Forgot all about SaviorPeterman so I have to amend my previous post. 

Waiting until after the first preseason offensive series is the patience of Job. 

Waiting until October is the patience of God. 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Nick Saban never yells at anyone. (Yeah right). :)

How did that work in the NFL? You can't treat NFL players like college kids and get results. Please give it a rest with your White Knight crusade for Bama.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How did that work in the NFL? You can't treat NFL players like college kids and get results. Please give it a rest with your White Knight crusade for Bama.

Of course coaches never yell at players in the NFL, lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000829939/article/sean-mcdermott-gives-bills-butt-chewing-in-practice

Edited by Sky Diver

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He flippped the roster in Miami and took the Dolphins from 4 - 12 to 9 - 7.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He flippped the roster in Miami and took the Dolphins from 4 - 12 to 9 - 7.

so did Tony Sporano. Saban's a bad NFLoo coach. Alabama fans are like Patriot and GSW fans.

Just ribbing you abut Bama ?. But Saban wasn't a good NFL coach.

Gregg Schiano was a mean person, bad attitude, his yelling made his players shook, and he's a terrible coach. He's the side of a spectrum we don't want Daboll to be.

I'll play devil's advocate: Tom Coughlin was a strict, tough as nails, DGAF discliplinarian. BUT.. he wasn't a di**. He respected the Giants rosters, and had their respect 

I'm not saying Daboll is that guy, but I hope he's not cut from the Saban, Schiano cloth. At a certain point, the highly paid talented stars don't want to take your **** and leave a crappy team like Schiano's Bucs, or Saban's Dolphins, or just quit on them. Any workplace, as a talented worker, you can't respect someone that doesn't respect you (Colt's not the best but he should be given some respect as reportedly that's how his offense felt). Some superstars can handle it, like a JJ Watt, not a Clowney. And some are looking are looking around the league thinking, "man I'd love to play for Pete Carroll or Sean McVay and have some fun while I'm playing the game I love."

These guys aren't comparable to McDermott yelling in practice, of course coaches do that. He's quite positive in games, that demeanor translates to the players (why is Brad Stevens so successful with lesser talent)

I hope Daboll isn't an a-hole, but maybe that'll help a rookie like Josh Allen, and our stable of underachieving receivers. Shady definitely won't put up with it tho, and the offensive line won't either.

Daboll has been in the league for 20 yrs and after digging for dirt on him, the only thing the naysayers here can come up with is that he yelled at McCoy 10 years ago? It’s pretty lame, especially since his players speak well of him. Even McCoy praised him in a later interview.

Not to digress, but Saban’s record with Miami was 9 - 7 and 6 - 10. The second season would likely have been quite different if Brees had passed his physical and signed with Miami. Anyway, it was Alabama’s gain and Saban is where he belongs.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I think you need some relief. :)

AD5BD810-68B2-4B37-A581-6EE7B125101B.jpeg

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Not to digress, but Saban’s record with Miami was 9 - 7 and 6 - 10. The second season would likely have been quite different if Brees had passed his physical and signed with Miami. Anyway, it was Alabama’s gain and Saban is where he belong

his highly paid professionals didn't like lack of respect by year 2.

This debate still a thing? Daboll is fierce and so is McDermott. They both will do the clap thing on the sidelines and the chewing out in training camp. Oh well. 

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It was several plays or the first series, wasn't it?

It was a few at least, I think. I was there, but hovering one row beneath the scoreboard. I would have needed the Hubble to know for sure.