Jump to content
JayBaller10

Brian Daboll’s Temper

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

........patience of Job.  That made me laugh. 

 

Where is SaviorPeterman when you need him?  I'm sure he would be "concerned" by the end of OTAs.

Forgot all about SaviorPeterman so I have to amend my previous post. 

 

Waiting until after the first preseason offensive series is the patience of Job. 

 

Waiting until October is the patience of God. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Saban never yells at anyone. (Yeah right). :)

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Nick Saban never yells at anyone. (Yeah right). :)

 

 

How did that work in the NFL? You can't treat NFL players like college kids and get results. Please give it a rest with your White Knight crusade for Bama.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How did that work in the NFL? You can't treat NFL players like college kids and get results. Please give it a rest with your White Knight crusade for Bama.

 

Of course coaches never yell at players in the NFL, lol.

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000829939/article/sean-mcdermott-gives-bills-butt-chewing-in-practice

Edited by Sky Diver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How did that work in the NFL? You can't treat NFL players like college kids and get results. Please give it a rest with your White Knight crusade for Bama.

 

He flippped the roster in Miami and took the Dolphins from 4 - 12 to 9 - 7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

 

He flippped the roster in Miami and took the Dolphins from 4 - 12 to 9 - 7.

so did Tony Sporano. Saban's a bad NFLoo coach. Alabama fans are like Patriot and GSW fans.

Just ribbing you abut Bama 😉. But Saban wasn't a good NFL coach.

 

Gregg Schiano was a mean person, bad attitude, his yelling made his players shook, and he's a terrible coach. He's the side of a spectrum we don't want Daboll to be.

 

I'll play devil's advocate: Tom Coughlin was a strict, tough as nails, DGAF discliplinarian. BUT.. he wasn't a di**. He respected the Giants rosters, and had their respect 

 

I'm not saying Daboll is that guy, but I hope he's not cut from the Saban, Schiano cloth. At a certain point, the highly paid talented stars don't want to take your **** and leave a crappy team like Schiano's Bucs, or Saban's Dolphins, or just quit on them. Any workplace, as a talented worker, you can't respect someone that doesn't respect you (Colt's not the best but he should be given some respect as reportedly that's how his offense felt). Some superstars can handle it, like a JJ Watt, not a Clowney. And some are looking are looking around the league thinking, "man I'd love to play for Pete Carroll or Sean McVay and have some fun while I'm playing the game I love."

 

These guys aren't comparable to McDermott yelling in practice, of course coaches do that. He's quite positive in games, that demeanor translates to the players (why is Brad Stevens so successful with lesser talent)

 

I hope Daboll isn't an a-hole, but maybe that'll help a rookie like Josh Allen, and our stable of underachieving receivers. Shady definitely won't put up with it tho, and the offensive line won't either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Daboll has been in the league for 20 yrs and after digging for dirt on him, the only thing the naysayers here can come up with is that he yelled at McCoy 10 years ago? It’s pretty lame, especially since his players speak well of him. Even McCoy praised him in a later interview.

 

Not to digress, but Saban’s record with Miami was 9 - 7 and 6 - 10. The second season would likely have been quite different if Brees had passed his physical and signed with Miami. Anyway, it was Alabama’s gain and Saban is where he belongs.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

How did that work in the NFL? You can't treat NFL players like college kids and get results. Please give it a rest with your White Knight crusade for Bama.

 

I think you need some relief. :)

 

AD5BD810-68B2-4B37-A581-6EE7B125101B.jpeg

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Not to digress, but Saban’s record with Miami was 9 - 7 and 6 - 10. The second season would likely have been quite different if Brees had passed his physical and signed with Miami. Anyway, it was Alabama’s gain and Saban is where he belong

his highly paid professionals didn't like lack of respect by year 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

his highly paid professionals didn't like lack of respect by year 2.

 

I suspect you can find players on every team that don't like the head coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m praying for an EPIC rant when one of our players can’t find his helmet for the first play of the Super Bowl this year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This debate still a thing? Daboll is fierce and so is McDermott. They both will do the clap thing on the sidelines and the chewing out in training camp. Oh well. 

 

 

Edited by Lfod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

 

I suspect you can find players on every team that don't like the head coach. 

Pete carroll in his heyday was pretty beloved. Sean mcvay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m praying for an EPIC rant when one of our players can’t find his helmet for the first play of the Super Bowl this year! 

 

It was several plays or the first series, wasn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

 

It was several plays or the first series, wasn't it?

 

It was a few at least, I think. I was there, but hovering one row beneath the scoreboard. I would have needed the Hubble to know for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Daboll has been in the league for 20 yrs and after digging for dirt on him, the only thing the naysayers here can come up with is that he yelled at McCoy 10 years ago? It’s pretty lame, especially since his players speak well of him. Even McCoy praised him in a later interview.

 

Not to digress, but Saban’s record with Miami was 9 - 7 and 6 - 10. The second season would likely have been quite different if Brees had passed his physical and signed with Miami. Anyway, it was Alabama’s gain and Saban is where he belongs.

 

I think you need some relief. :)

 

AD5BD810-68B2-4B37-A581-6EE7B125101B.jpeg

You are so triggered by any comment about Saban that you had to make three posts to respond to me. Give it a rest. I'm positive you would be the first guy on here calling people snowflakes and yet, here you are flooding a post to try and defend anyone associated with the program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

his highly paid professionals didn't like lack of respect by year 2.

His highly paid professionals in Miami or at Alabama? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, K-9 said:

Forgot all about SaviorPeterman so I have to amend my previous post. 

 

Waiting until after the first preseason offensive series is the patience of Job. 

 

Waiting until October is the patience of God. 

I'M going to PM him coax him out of retirement, tell him the "board's really realizing you're right all along, TBD's been wanting you back for your interesting takes, we're starting to come around on Peterman. He might start."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After having to coach Colt McCoy, every other job had to be an upgrade.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 7:41 PM, Peter said:

The bad news is that it appears that he has not impressed as an OC in the NFL.  As I recall, down here in Miami, Daboll was not well received.  

 

It partially has to do with head coaches being replaced. Coaches are in trouble and replace OCs in attempt to repair team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2018 at 5:52 AM, Trogdor said:

You are so triggered by any comment about Saban that you had to make three posts to respond to me. Give it a rest. I'm positive you would be the first guy on here calling people snowflakes and yet, here you are flooding a post to try and defend anyone associated with the program. 

I like rosen mostly cause he triggers bama fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×