Brian Daboll’s Temper

1 hour ago, Ifartalot said:

Brian Daboll's coaching resume':

Twelve jobs in 20 years.....hmmm ? 

The fact that he was on some pretty bad teams, with bad coaches means his time would be limited. If he had worked for Belichick and Saban and been let go by one of them, I'd be worried. Instead, he seemed to excel, and had some good recommendations from two of the best in the business. I think Daboll's good moving forward.

10 minutes ago, Lfod said:

This bit from that article takes me back to some good times...

Anquan Boldin heavily involved

With Matthews out, Tyrod Taylor was looking Anquan Boldin's way often on Monday morning. In a run heavy practice, Taylor targeted Boldin six times and Boldin caught four of them. At this point, Taylor is getting comfortable with Boldin and rookie Zay Jones, who was targeted three times but didn't catch a pass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for that reminder.  I remember saying after that practice, "Thank God Rex is gone"!

I figured I would bring last training camp up as a reminder that McDermott isn't sunshine and rainbows himself. Just to let OP to not be concerned because things were serious already. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if this will go over well in the new "coddle people's feelings" era we live in. The only person allowed to say what they want these days is Brady and he can tell McDaniels " :censored: you!!!" whenever he wants. 

1 hour ago, Loosh said:

That explains everything now...the William & Mary connection.  Never held an off. coordinator job for more than 2 years.  Good luck with Daboll.  I see the offense no better off with this cast-off.   Local boy or not.

I’m surprised you didn’t cite Daboll’s denominational affiliation.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Daboll yells at players? This is the last straw. I am so done with this team. 

But he does give them orange slices at halftime, so he’s not a complete monster. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

But he does give them orange slices at halftime, so he’s not a complete monster. 

certainly do NOT want a raging monster like Dopey Dickie Jauron lurking on the sidelines.......heaven forbid.............he handed out lemon slices....beast..........

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Can I patent "just throw Daboll!" when we all get sick of his old school, run-first scheme? I'm guessing this happens by week 3.

No I work for Patent and Trademark Office and that is not something you can patent.

You can patent a flag you stick up your ass that automatically waves when he calls run.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

Must be a great interview!

Just now, Limeaid said:

No I work for Patent and Trademark Office and that is not something you can patent.

You can patent a flag you stick up your ass that automatically waves when he calls run.

...how soon can you get THAT paperwork ready?......LMAO.......

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Daboll to Colt McCoy.., “Why the (expletive) did  we draft you?”

Well... he is was right there..,

Harsh but fair..

Well since he was not part of front office "Why the (expletive) did  the (expletive) (expletive) front office draft you?” would be more appropriate.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...how soon can you get THAT paperwork ready?......LMAO.......

The USPTO is one of the few agencies which make money so as soon as you file paperwork with fee. 

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well since he was not part of front office "Why the (expletive) did  the (expletive) (expletive) front office draft you?” would be more appropriate.

The USPTO is one of the few agencies which make money so as soon as you file paperwork with fee. 

....get busy!....I'll scrape up the cash for your "flag raising"......I'd bet Preparation H would be a great sponsor along with KY Jelly....?

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Some think he was too young for his first OC gigs and he has matured as a coach.

I hope that is true and under a "stable" environment in Buffalo he will evolve into a good OC.

Head Coach fired good portion of his hand picked staff after one year and before that he dumped several good coaches/

The environment is not "stable".

2 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

Most interesting of all: he joined Mangini before the 2007 season, and shortly afterward (September 9, 2007 to be precise) Spygate happened.  He also followed Mangini to Cleveland and served under him both years he was there. Yet the Pats took him back. Hmm. The dude's been involved in a lot of soap opera drama over the years. (He was also in NE for deflategate.)

Edited by dave mcbride