Buckeyes fans, tell me about Joe Burrow

Solid all around player.  Good passer, good mobility, coaches and teammates love him.  The sense is that he has a lower ceiling than you want to see at a national program competing for titles, which is why he couldn't secure a starting spot over Haskins, who has an NFL arm but less mobility and perhaps fewer intangibles.  Still, Burrow appeared to have won the backup competition last season until he broke his hand and opened the door for Haskins.  Nobody knows what Burrow would do as a starter; could be epic, could be meh. I don't see anything wrong with him though and am very interested to see how he does. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He also had a big game this spring. He’s a guy that might be taking a step. He’s WAY better than Etling. He will be an upgrade from Brennan and Narcisse IMO.

I lost confidence in both Brennan and Narcisse at the spring game. Both QB’s looked lost. McMillian looked ok, but I cringe at the thought of running out McMillian for the first series against Miami in September. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jeaux Burreaux

Hes an Alex Smith type 

I could see an Alex Smith type working in Baton Rouge.  That team has sick talent all over the field and doesn't necessarily need a QB to light it up every week.  Someone is going to need to step up in a big way though against Miami, Auburn, Georgia, and Bama - and I would love for that person to be Jeaux Burreaux. (That, and not having to see him come play in a visitors uniform at the shoe.)

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

I could see an Alex Smith type working in Baton Rouge.  That team has sick talent all over the field and doesn't necessarily need a QB to light it up every week.  Someone is going to need to step up in a big way though against Miami, Auburn, Georgia, and Bama - and I would love for that person to be Jeaux Burreaux. (That, and not having to see him come play in a visitors uniform at the shoe.)

He’s visiting UNC this week and I think that could be a really nice fit too. It’s a pro-style spread and Trubisky, another Ohio kid, became a top draft pick after playing for like one year. 

Laurinaitis said on the radio yesterday that he thinks he’s going to UC. He knows the coaches there. We will see... he’s a good kid. 

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s visiting UNC this week and I think that could be a really nice fit too. It’s a pro-style spread and Trubisky, another Ohio kid, became a top draft pick after playing for like one year. 

Laurinaitis said on the radio yesterday that he thinks he’s going to UC. He knows the coaches there. We will see... he’s a good kid. 

I like him too and would enjoy watching him lay waste to the defenses in the Big East or ACC for the next two years.  I would expect that there will be a lot of interest in Ohio to see how he does against a tougher SEC schedule if he ends up at LSU.  Pretty much everybody is rooting for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

OSU source on radio said that Larry fedora called joe and has guaranteed he would be the day 1 starter at UNC. 

interestng though that Brandon Harris transferred there last year from LSU and only started the 1st game and they moved on, so he should be careful with the promises 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Urban’s master plan?

- competition for Saban

- help with recruiting (Grant Gunnell)

sure joey, you can talk to LSU 

word is he was only given permission to talk to 3 schools. Random ones (outside of UC) at that. 

Reality is that one of the 3 were transferring and he didn’t want it to be the other 2

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.