Nickel City Con

I'm going.  Been wanting to check this out the last couple years but wasn't able to.  I'm not into the comic book scene but my nerd interests in going are for the old school WWF stuff and classic video games/toys.  I went to the one they have in Niagara Falls Ontario a few years back and it was pretty cool.  A more fun experience than I was anticipating.  

15 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm going.  Been wanting to check this out the last couple years but wasn't able to.  I'm not into the comic book scene but my nerd interests in going are for the old school WWF stuff and classic video games/toys.  I went to the one they have in Niagara Falls Ontario a few years back and it was pretty cool.  A more fun experience than I was anticipating.  

Cool, have fun.

A friend of mine is going. She'll be dressed as Hela. Her costume is marvelous.

I hope the turnout is a good one.

Holy guardrail, Batman! Batmobile crashes on Buffalo highway

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/17/holy-guardrail-batman-batmobile-crashes-on-buffalo-highway/

With Podosek at the wheel of the Batmobile, and Yaskow following in a truck, they were nearing the Smith Street exit on the 190 north when the accident happened.

Both agreed it was odd that Yaskow -- as Robin -- was at the wheel of the Batmobile, a scenario that never played out on the TV show.

"What's interesting is that Jett insisted on driving today, which was a little weird," said Podosek, a North Buffalo resident, who plays the role of Batman in the duo.

"We were just a few exits away from getting off at the Convention Center, too," he added.

Its funny how its more of a "pop culture" event now then Comic related.

When you look at the "celebrities " they bring in and more then half are not from comics or even Sci-Fi.

Seems to attract a lot of older wrestlers (I guess back in the 80's gimmick era they were sort of comicy) and characters that are pop culture favorites (Urkel, Napolean Dynomite, Guys from Cheers, etc.)

These conventions keep getting bigger and bigger every year

12 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Its funny how its more of a "pop culture" event now then Comic related.

When you look at the "celebrities " they bring in and more then half are not from comics or even Sci-Fi.

Seems to attract a lot of older wrestlers (I guess back in the 80's gimmick era they were sort of comicy) and characters that are pop culture favorites (Urkel, Napolean Dynomite, Guys from Cheers, etc.)

These conventions keep getting bigger and bigger every year

It is amazing how much bigger these conventions get to be. And it's great for the communities as well.

While these conventions will never reach the heights as the one in San Diego, it is great to see the celebrities going to other venues.

Having the pop culture stuff being more prominent in these conventions has attracted more people. I used to go to Wonder Con when it was still in San Francisco, and I don't know a thing about comic books. I was there for the movie and television panels, and I had a lot of fun. The cosplayers are fun to hang out with too. Some of the costumes they wear are fantastic, and they take their craft seriously.

These conventions are a lot of fun to be a part of.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, Just Jack said:

If you could get a Cain Bills jersey made in time, I wonder if he would sign it. I don’t even know what number he had. 

I don't remember either, but he did inspire one of Marv's greatest quotes.

Shortly after Dean was cast on Clark and Lois the Bills were facing the defending Super Bowl champs. Marv felt like his team might be getting intimidated and told them, "Remember these guys are just human, we once cut Superman."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I don't remember either, but he did inspire one of Marv's greatest quotes.

Shortly after Dean was cast on Clark and Lois the Bills were facing the defending Super Bowl champs. Marv felt like his team might be getting intimidated and told them, "Remember these guys are just human, we once cut Superman."

Just found this, looks like he was #36....

https://twitter.com/realdeancain/status/950066072413118464?lang=en

• Like (+1) 1